First Family Dinner

Lullaby

It was dinner time. As usual, ______ would busy prepare the meal with the maids helping her. After the meal all cooked, the maid set it on the table while ______ prepared Mr. Wu medications. Suddenly the maid was opened the main door for Wu Fan. He passed the diningroom without saying anything. ______ bited her inner cheeks nervously. Should I, shouldn't I?

" Wu Fan-ah let's eat dinner together ".

The atmosphere became quiet after everyone heard what she said. Mr. Wu prevent her wife to ask Wu Fan since he said hurtful things to her. But without Mr. Wu knowing, she asked Wu Fan to join dinner again after that incident. The next day when Mr. Wu hadn't home yet, ______ asked Wu Fan to join dinner was the real nightmare. He was really furious. With the absent of Mr. Wu, he wasn't holding back anymore. And the scene was still clear in ______'s and all the maids' mind.

[Flashback]

" Wu Fan-ah, let's eat dinner together ".

Wu Fan who was going upstairs stopped after hearing her words. He looked at her coldly and slowly walked to her. She realized she just made a huge mistake. She could tell from his furious eyes.

" Ya, you really have thick skin huh? Didn't I tell you to leave? And you still shamelessly stay, acting like a the real mistress here. Let's have a deal. I'll give all the properties that assigned under my name into yours with condition you have divorce with my dad and move out from this house. How? Isn't it a fair price? ".

She was going to slap him but he held her hand in time.

" Don't touch me with your dirty hand. Think about my offer, the sooner you agree with it the better ".

Since that, ______ never asked Wu Fan to eat together with them.

[End Flashback]

Wu Fan who was going upstairs stopped after hearing her words. ______ held her breath, waiting for his reaction.

" Let me change first " he said.

As Wu Fan left, Mr. Wu and ______ exchanged look. ______ covered in amusement.

" Yeobo, see ".

" Well I guess you didn't exaggerate about he opened up to you. Good job yeobo, I'm so proud of you ".

===============================================================================================================================

After their first family dinner, Wu Fan went back to his room. Mr. Wu watched news whereas ______ sat by his side peeling him some apples.

" I have enough. Give some to Wu Fan. He really likes apple ".

" I will ".

Just like Mr. Wu said, ______ brought some peeled apple to his room. She gently knocked on his door. After hearing his reply, she opened the door. He was sitting on his bed, drying his wet hair with towel.

" What? " he asked disinterested.

" Your dad said you like apple, he asked me to bring you some " she said.

" Just leave it there ".

" Okay ".

She placed the plate on his bed side table then remained there for a while. She just looked at his back while fidgeting with her fingers nervously.

" Aren't you leaving? ".

" This... I just bought it. They said it's really good to get rid of scars " she showed him a bottle of ointment.

Wu Fan just laughed lightly. He stopped drying his hair and put the towel on his shoulders. She felt her heart beating so hard when her eyes met his cold ones.

" After taking care of me last night you talk too much and sassy, huh? ".

" I'm sorry... ".

" Just get out.... while I still being nice ".

She just smiled bitterly then turned around to leave. He could see her slump shoulders which strangely looked sad. He somehow felt guilty. But he would more guilty if he accepted her easily to become a part of this family. In fact he still couldn't accept her, never.

" That's what you got for trying to replace my mom " he said then threw the apples inside the bin.