Ch. 1: Transferee

Beautiful

Chapter 1

 

 

At school, it won't be complete without the gossip girls, the athletes, the smart ones, the richest, the poorest or what so ever. It's normal to have it. The famous ones are also here, the ones who are rich, gifted and popular among all the students. Heo Gayoon and her friends, Jeon Jiyoon and Yoon Bora. Alongside with them are the popular boys, Yoon Doojoon and his friends, Yong Junhyung and Jang Hyunseung. Gayoon and Doojoon has feelings for each other, they know it, everybody knows it, they just enjoy each other's company. The students are very noisy and they are used to it, even if the teachers scold them, and once they leave, they'll go back as the loud animals as they are. One student checked out from the door, telling that the teacher is coming, so they quickly get back to their seats and stayed quiet. The teacher comes in with a student behind him, his looks are all nerdy and innocent type, that eyeglasses that surrounds his face. All the students were looking at him and this scared him a little. Gayoon, being the friendly student, greeted him with a smile. Gikwang saw it and smiled back to Gayoon. Jiyoon and Bora saw it so they started laughing behind Gayoon's back. Doojoon and his friends are just staring at him with their poker face. Doojoon saw him smiling and he directed the smile to where he is sending that and that is to Gayoon, he had a disgusting expression and focused at him. Gikwang took a long time from standing up, the professor were already tapping him, he was about to talk but he saw Jiyoon and Bora laughing so his smile fade away. But his confidence overtook him.

 

"Hello... I am G-Gikwang... 19 years old.. Thank you."

 

His introduction was very awkward. It's a simple introduction and he knows he could have done better. He can see everyone laughing at him and what caught his attention is Gayoon was also laughing together with everyone.

 

"Stop! He's a new student."

"What kind of introduction was that? it's not even fully stated." Doojoon shouted from his seat.

"We should stop now. Let him sit. I'm sure he is tired from standing up for too long."

"Alright, Lee, sit beside Gayoon."

 

Everyone was shocked, even Doojoon. He walked towards his assigned seat which was beside Gayoon. She smiled at her seatmate. As he pass by Doojoon, he was glaring at him with... a fire on his eyes, like getting pissed at the new boy. Gayoon extends her hand at Gikwang, asking for a handshake but he refused it and sits down. It was the first time that Gayoon got rejected by someone. She still smiled at him but this time, it has anger in it. Jiyoon and Bora was still laughing at their back and Gayoon just glared at them. Gikwang pulled out his notebook from his bag and copies the notes written on the board as he listens to the professor. Gayoon, being also a suspective student, peeked at her seatmate. Minutes later, it's break time. Gikwang puts back his notebook at his bag, Gayoon was still pissed at the rejection, so she sulked and sulked and sulked. She was still at her seat with her arms crossed, watching his actions. Jiyoon and Bora tapped her, telling her to join them together with the three boys, but she just signalled them to go . So at the class room, the two was left. Gikwang is not speaking as he continues to eat and ignores Gayoon. She was actually raging up from madness, she wanted to hit him, totally annoyed, she was actually waiting for him to say sorry but nothing was heard. But after eating, he finally peeks at Gayoon and speaks,

 

"Aren't you going to eat?"

 

Gayoon was surprised. This is the second time hearing his voice after his short and awkward introduction. She blinked her eyes, clearing before she started speaking,

 

"I want to eat with you."

"Are you asking me out?"

"Unless you want to." Gayoon rolled her eyes.

"Sorry but I have no time for you and I have no food so go eat by yourself." He speaks with a soft fluffy voice before he burped but his words were a little rude for her.

"Yuck!" Gayoon leaned herself back, having a disgust expression. Gikwang was laughing at her and she finds it attractive. He is cute somehow, she thought, definitely cute.

"Gikwang, I want to be friends with you."

"Why?"

"What the hell is your life?" Gayoon shouted at the room, shouting in anger. She frowned and Gikwang stayed quiet, drinking his water. After drinking, Gayoon furrowed her eyebrows, taking Gikwang's hand and shakes it with hers.

"We're friends now. Whether you like it or not."

"Wow.. Aggressive."

"I don't care."

Gikwang finally faced Gayoon and asked her, "Why do you want to be friends with me?"

"Because... I think... y-you're kind." Gayoon faked an excuse. Gikwang turned back, picking up his bag again.

 

As Gikwang turns back, Gayoon rolled her eyes. Gikwang brings out a novel book and his ipod, choosing a song and turns it to shuffle then soon plugs the earphones into his ears, he started reading his book.

 

"Yah! Listen to me!"

 

She peeks at Gikwang, that is why he isn't listening because he had earphones at his ears. Gayoon looked down and found his bag open. She slowly grabs his bag and inspects to his things inside it. Gikwang was listening to a loud music as he reads, he doesn't even know or feel that his bag was being inspected by Gayoon. She peeks at him before she looks at his wallet, she doesn't care about the money but what caught her attention were his old pictures when he was young. He was really really cute back then. She just wants to squish his face. She thought he would look good without his glasses. Gikwang reaches out for his bag but he can't feel anything, he was about to get something and when he looks down, it was gone so he looks at Gayoon and found his bag on his lap. Gayoon was shocked when she saw his big wide eyes.

 

"Hey! Give me that!"

 

Gikwang shouted, getting his bag away from her lap. Gayoon took one of his pictures and keeps it at her pocket. Gikwang checks his things and realized that his wallet was gone and again he found it on Gayoon's hands. He snatched it away and glares at her madly. 

 

"It's not what you think."

"What do you mean? I saw it in my two eyes, you're interested at my money."

"No, don't think that way."

 

Gikwang ignored her, putting his things at his bag and stands up, but Gayoon stopped him, holding his wrist tightly so he won't go. He looked at her and Gayoon examines him, the boy was confused,

 

"What?" Gikwang asked, Gayoon didn't talk but without any permission from him, she removed his eye glasses. Blinking her eyes as if what she sees to him right now is unbelievable, and there she realized he was handsome without his eye glasses.

 

"You're cute."

 

"What the !"

 

 

Yes! So chapter 1 is done. Oh my, please wait for my next update.  -Author-nim :--)