Reality hits you hard

Exo Creed

It was the afternoon and Tao was sitting on Yifans side of the couch since its mostly warm and cozy for some reason. Because it was occupied by Yifan most of the time he can smell his sent was glued on the couch and it smelt nice but not in that kind of way. Tao was snuggling up against the sofa with a fluffy, rich, pink blanket while eating a tub of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice-cream since he finished his dinner, alone.

There weren’t a lot of things to watch and because he felt warm and cosy he was too lazy to put on a movie, so instead he watched the news. Not that he was interested in politicians or murder since it was something he never heard from his family and considered being lucky, he never came across on those kind of situations where he got murdered or . But even if he was to see that, of course he would take drastic action.

This afternoons report, the police found a dead body hunched over on the bench near small park in Seoul” Tao’s ice-cream dropped in the tub from his gaped mouth. He stared at the screen for a while thinking ‘this has to be somewhere else right?’ “Here’s the picture of the area where they found the dead body, the two elders mistook him for sleeping and they didn’t have a clue where he came from, the suspect was nowhere to be found and no clues were left behind” Tao started to sweat, his heart beating in terror and relief but mostly it was terror, he couldn’t make out a single sound.

“d-did i just witness a murder?” he asked himself, he set down the tub of icecream onto the coffee table and turned off the tv to before making quick call to Yifan “but he’s busy...” it was 6:30 pm but he needed to tell somebody.....

No

No Tao, you’re going to raise suspicions and god knows if they’ll throw you into jail.

But the person he saw, the boy in white robes, he looked a bit familiar. He remembered some details; the robes resembled the traditional Korean attire. It was white and blue, this was all he would remember other than the bow and arrow. Seriously dude? a bow and arrow? Come one, this is modern time.

This totally came straight from a video game. An idea sparked in his mind, he had friends from Uni who were a bunch of gamer freaks. Especially Kyuhyun, Jesus Christ...No wonder he didn’t talk to them as much. But as much as he didn’t want to admit it, it envied him how much fun they were having with fictional stories, fictional characters and just living the kid’s times until god knows how long they’ll be able to enjoy their lives in another universe.

He called one of his old university buddies, Jongin, there weren’t a lot of connections but they had their times when it came to studying and chilling out. Jongin is a very chilled guy but can be a dirty freak at the same time, so there was no surprise that he was admired by a bunch of girls since he had a beauty of a ‘goddess’ and Tao would beg to differ. But Jongin wasn’t all interested in having a strong relationship since all he wanted to do was to get his education over and done with. (Everyone learn from Jongin).

“Helloo?” Jongin said, Tao got a bit offended.

“You didn’t save my number?”

“Tao?” Jongin asked smiling, it’s been a while since they spoke.

“I can’t believe you didn’t save my number you traitor” Tao sighed and remembered why he called him.

“Sorry, I’ve been busy lately, what’s u-“he was cut off by Tao “Didn’t you have a friend who sort of plays video games?” Jongin blinked and replied “We had a few, be specific panda boy”

Tao never really acknowledged the boy, he started playing with his earring while thinking “He’s short” he heard Jongin laugh, he definitely knew who he was talking about “What about mini Kyungso- OW” Jongin on the other line was rubbing the back of his head while glaring at the small boy who was sitting on the sofa after throwing a pillow at Jongin.

Tao’s eyebrow furrowed by the sudden shout from Jongin, what’s even sadder was that never recalled the short boys name. Back in university Kyungsoo and Minseok were nothing but a bunch of quiet squishy boys. They’ve spoken a few times but Kyungsoo was different, small, quiet and evil but smart as hell.

“Ah well, he plays video games right?” Tao asked, he remembered Kyungsoo and Kyuhyun playing street fighter on psp and even at times sometimes the two of them would act out like they were the characters but instead of acting, it was more of a physical fight since one of them would often cheat or just turn off the game knowing that they’ll lose. Those were the days.

“I guess? Why? Are you turning into a gamer girl?” Jongin smirked

“Totally, I’m holding up my Nintendo DS between my and biting the cable of my headphones. Look, I want you to ask him if he knows any video games that involve...murder and white hooded robes?” Tao tried the best he could to make some sense with Jongin; he heard muffled voices in the background “Jongin? Hello?”

“Sorry, Kyungsoo is just sitting on the sofa playing angry birds on my phone, I asked him and he said yes, although i think I’ve played that kind of game before”

“Oh...umm can you ask him for the title?” Tao asked fidgeting with his wrist bands that Yifan gave him as a gift that said ‘BBFL’, which Yifan thought it meant ‘Best Bro’s For Life’.

Muffled sounds were heard in the background “Assa- ? What? Assassin’s?  Breed? Assassins Breed...what kind of game is that”Tao looked at his phone with a confused look until he heard someone shout “ASSASSINS CREED YOU SOUTH AMERICAN LOOKING BURRITO!”  Tao almost dropped his phone from the screaming ‘was that Kyungsoo just now??’ Tao searched for a piece of paper and pen and wrote down the name

“Okay that’s all I needed thanks Jongin!”

 “wait wai-“ Tao hung up, could the murder be a related to this game? Tao went to his room and opened up his laptop to do research.

 

Jongin sighed and tossed his phone on the sofa “And he tells me that I’m the traitor for not saving his number?” he didn’t expect an answer from Kyungsoo since he mostly ignores Jongin 98% of the time. Kyungsoo has this thing where the only way to annoy his friend was to ignore him, even at crucial times but it amuses him in a way.

He noticed his roommates face, he looked uneasy, he walked over and put his right arm around Kyungsoo’s neck, the two boys were always touchy with one another but never knew why that was the case, it just happens so it was normal for the both of them. “Are you okay?” Jongin asked softly, Kyungsoo only nodded and bit his bottom lip “he must have been there” Jongin was confused “what are you talking about? Did something happen?” Kyungsoo gave him the are-you-ing-serious look, he grabbed the remote, the TV and flipped it on the news “This afternoons report, the police found a dead body hunched over on the bench near small park in Seoul” Kyungsoo turned back to Jongin “this happened near at Yifans place” the tanned boy couldn’t tell if he should fear for Tao’s and Yifans life or be glad that Tao is safe “but still...why would the templar around Yifans area?” Jongin said as he rubbed his head in confusion. Kyungsoo shrugged and got up only to be dragged back by Jongin “If you want me to pee on you that’s fine with me” with that Jongin shoved him off of him laughing “Soo you’re so gross”.

It was around 10 past and Tao’s eyelids were ready to shut down from today’s events. He spent hours reading about a fiction that ‘might’ somehow be related to the murder. He was confused about the characters that were starred in the game, characters like Altair Ibn lalala and Ezio Auditore de lalala, one of those names that he couldn’t really pronounce.

Everything about the game and the characters sounded so awesome that he forgotten what was at stake “Why am i even bothered” it’s not like Tao to go all Sherlock Holmes on the situation, plus the murderer might of been a huge fan of this ‘Assassins Creed’ that he wanted to cosplay while murdering a bunch of strangers. That would probably be the case; yeah that’s what it’s all about, cosplaying and murdering.  

 Tao slowly got his bed sheets ready for sleep since he spent hours on his laptop going through that silly game and some sales on Gucci bags. Until he heard the main door swung open along with heavy breathing and winces of pain “Yifan?” The Chinese boy leapt out of his bed and rushed downstairs to find his friend on the floor holding on to his side coughing out blood “What happened?!” Tao shouted after closing the door thinking someone might of chased Yifan along the way, the only response Tao received was Yifans groans “J-Just help me dammit” Yifan hissed at the wounds, his lip was cut and his left eye was swollen which looks like it’s going to turn purple later, the arm that wasn’t holding his wound seemed to be severely injured seeing as it flopped around along following Yifans body movement.

After fixing his roommates wound Tao did nothing but stay by Yifans side on his bed while caressing Yifans sandy, soft and blonde hair, he had so many questions, so many assumptions that might have happened but those didn’t matter since all he needs to do for now was to take care of Yifan. His fingers trembled while moving Yifans fringe to one side to reveal sweat that travelled down from his head to his thick eyebrows. Tao looked outside the window “why?” was all he could ask, he didn’t want to bother waking up Yifan and ask him what happened so instead he leaned over to rest on Yifans lap, like a watch dog.

“Remember when we first met, hyung?” The small Korean boy said with a lisp as he threw a small stone at a lake. “Ya, Sehun!” The Chinese boy yelled while taking his friend’s stones away before he kills a bird, you know that saying, killing two birds with one stone. Sehun pouted and saw his friend pouring the small stones in to the lake and watched them sink “But Taaooo” The Korean whined and did a small spin while stomping his feet, Tao got up and ruffled his friends hair “You look ugly” Tao laughed. Sehun didn’t care about his hair, it was the fact that Tao didn’t answer his question so he rolled his eyes at him “what?” Tao asked tilting his head to one side. Sehun pinched Tao’s cheeks before grabbing his hand “come on, we have to go in before teacher yells at us” but Tao refused to move, martial arts was very difficult and it required a lot of effort even for little kid, Tao leaned his head onto Sehun’s shoulder “you were more uglier before and your face was mean”.

The next morning Tao woke up noticing that he was drooling throughout his sleep ‘gross’ he thought. As he slowly lifted up his body from unknown legs and when he turned from huge ing legs to someone’s face he realised it was Yifans. It took the boy sometime to remember what happened, last night was a mixture of confusion and fear especially when your friend was close to losing so much blood. Fear didn’t leave his body but the relief still remained at the back of his head.

Yifan woke up few moments after Tao, his eyes scanned the room and it took him a while to find out that he was in his room, he quickly got up and was stopped by a shot of pain striking him on the side of his stomach “aww !” he winced at the pain. He was confused but thank god he was safe, he heard the door open revealing a worried looking Tao, he was wearing an apron while was holding a tray of cooked food and a glass of squeezed orange juice which he guessed Tao got a huge sip of. “Good morning Yifan, how are you feeling?” Tao said setting the tray at the desk that was next to Yifans bed. The tall Chinese man let out a “uh” reassuring to Tao that he was fine and reached for plate and chopsticks. Tao rolled his eyes and sat on the edge of the bed. He was giving Yifan some time to eat and drink before asking MULTIPLE ING QUESTIONS ABOUT YESTERDAYS INCIDENT.

After Yifan finished off with a huge gulp from the orange juice, Tao made notes on his roommate’s action. Yifan didn’t seem to be bothered about last night or he’s trying the best he can to cover up his fear and pain “Ok now can you tell me WHAT THE HAPPENED?!” Tao roared causing children to cry at the neighbourhood.

Yifan moved back from the scream giving Tao the are-you-feeling-okay-dude? Face reaction.

“I’m not going to answer you if you don’t stop acting like a drama queen”  Tao pointed at his wounds with his hands “THEN HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO CALM THE DOWN AFTER YOU’VE CAME HERE LOOKING LIKE A ZOMBIE” Yifan through a pillow at Tao.

“It was just a couple of kids no big deal”

“Shut up you liar”

“I’m telling the truth”

“I’ll call your mom”

“I’LL THROW ALL OF YOUR ING GUCCIS AND YOUR STUPID OUT OF THE WINDOW!” Yifan snapped at Tao, he may be independent with his life but he knew that if his mother was to ever know of this she would probably have a heart attack on the spot. Tao knew how to push Yifans buttons, he sighed “Look i was taking a break from work, went out to talk to my mom on the phone and a couple of guys came, i hung up and then happened” Yifan said vaguely, honestly, he didn’t want to talk about it that much.

 

Yifan scratched his head while looking around at this office, every since he created the Wu industry he always felt as though he’s being watched. Usually he would shake it off and take a break but these days it was getting worse, he did everything he could just to distract himself, he looked at his phone debating whether he should call someone. It wasn’t him to call someone at random times unless the person was his mother, with a deep sigh he dialled the number and waited come on pick up he thought anxiously

“Yifan i missed my interview and breakfast please don’t throw my luggage and my other stupid out of the window we all make dumb mistakes but mine was beyond ridiculous there was no food in the fridge and the cat pooped on the sofa Yixing called and covered my which means i still have hope please don’t chuck me out of your place you have the best toilet and tv i bought chicken but i forgot the spices and speaking of that we do have them OH MY GOD YIFAN PLEASE FORGIVE ME I DIDN’T MEAN TO MISS MY INTERVIEW” Yifan relaxed at the sound of his friends voice, confused but he was relieved. After the phone call he let out a deep sigh until a few moments after

“YIFAN!” The Chinese man jumped from his seat and then met eyes with his co-worker, Joonmyeon.

Yifan sighed heavily and was already sweating from the unnecessary jump scare. Joonmyeon walked around with a worried look “Hey, what’s the matter Yifan? Did i scare you that badly?” Yifan scoffed at the question, he’s totally a grownup he could take care of himself it’s not like he sleeps with 4 stuffed alpacas toys after pissing himself from a nightmare.

“Yeah just...tired” Yifan wanted to punch himself in the face, it’s been 25 minutes since he arrived at work. His co-worker nodded “How about i get you some coffee, hm?” he said patting Yifans back and skipped away. Yifan was grateful to have Joonmyeon around, whether he was upset, stressed or ill Joonmyeon will always be there. But after his friend left, the heavy atmosphere took its toll.

He spun on his chair facing the window until a few moments after a hand grabbed Yifans shoulder making him jump again but this time he was frustrated and shouted “Damn it Joonmyeo-“ before he could finish his sentence until he turned around and met eyes with Jongdae.

“Oh it’s you...” Yifan wasn’t really pleased; Jongdae would visit him and talk about the advantages of the Wu industries collaborating with his company, Abstergo. Yifan turned his seat around and ordered the man to take a seat “By the way here’s your coffee Joonmyeon told me that you needed it” Yifan was confused but took the coffee anyways.

After moments of awkward silence Yifan and Jongdae spent ages talking about the two companies and how Yifan, for the 100th time, refused to have anything to do with the Abstergo Industries. Jongdae finally gave in, and nodded with a smirk “Well, i thought it would be better and we’ll provide anything for you and your-“Yifan cut him off “There’s nothing interesting about going through other people’s DNA’s and all that other bullcrap it’s kids stuff and i don’t do kids stuff” He said with a serious tone “Plus what we do is completely different from what you freaks do, so for the last time I’m not interested”.

Jongdae pouted and shrugged, taking a sip of Yifans coffee and said with a smirk “call me if you change your mind” Jongdae said before walking off. Yifan yawned leaned back on his seat, stress escalating in his brain “Aish... this better be the last time” He heard someone walk in and as he turned around he saw Joonmyeon holding two cups of coffee “Hey i-“ his happy grin faded as he looked at the cup that was on Yifans desk “brought you coffee...” Joonmyeon finished, he was confused but at the same time he felt betrayed.

“Oh didn’t you tell Jongdae to bring me the coffee?” Yifan said who was just as confused as the poor Korean. Joonmyeon shook his head slowly with a frown, it’s as if someone just kicked a puppy and Joonmyeon was the puppy except it was Jongdae that kicked the poor creature. Yifan smiled and took the cup from Joonmyeon, if it was someone else he’d tell them to give it to someone else but it’s physically and mentally impossible to reject his friends offer.

 

While signing off some paper work Yifan received a call from his mother, he facepalmed at the thought of his mom asking him if he’d brushed his teeth, taken a shower, ate healthy food or even worse asked about his love life but because he was a busy man he didn’t really have time for that. Most of the time people would assume he’s the type that would go to strip clubs and lay his money down to the like poker cards, but he was a bigger person than that especially when you had to be a good role model for your youngsters. Yes, that youngster was Tao.

He left his work building before picking up the phone; of course he didn’t want anyone to hear his mom praising him as if he’s 6 years old. “Hey mom” he said trying to sound enthusiastic but ended up sounding not bothered.

“Hello my little marshmallow, how’s my little prince” His mom cooed, Yifan giggled in embarrassment “Mom i told you not to call me these things I’m 22” he honestly didn’t mind it’s just he didn’t want to look like an idiot in front of strangers passing by. He walked to an ally way that was one block away from his work place, while having a conversation with his mom he saw a group of men dressed in suits one of them was cracking their knuckles like he was ready to fight. They were walking to his direction, what the hell? He hung up and faced the 5 men who were heading straight for him. Yifan grabbed one of them and pushed him off and quickly dodged one of the punches that were thrown at him, but because it was just him he didn’t manage to take on one. One man grabbed both of his arms with one arm and pushed him on the ground while using his other hand to press Yifans head against the concrete floor “Well it looks like you’re not going to be walking away alive” The man chuckled, his accent was somewhat similar to Yifans, the men started beating him and kicking the life out of the poor victim. One of the even pulled out a knife and jabbed him on the side of his torso causing Yifan to bite back the scream, what’s even worse it was dark and the whole area was empty. He felt a river of blood pouring out but managed to hold it in as much as he could. The group stopped some of them breathing heavily some of them laughed at the sight of Yifan, humility is what he felt, but he didn’t want his life to end like this. One of his eyes felt swollen and his arm was severely damaged but his legs didn’t hurt as much but one of his ankles was sprained and he was still breathing. He felt the whole world on him and the sight was all foggy, he slowly rolled to one side until his body was pressed against the ground. Before the men finished having their break, he managed to quickly crawl up from the floor and ran as fast as he could ignoring the pain that was roaring within his limbs. As much as wanted to cry from the pain, running away from the area was the first thing on his checklist before they could break his legs. He heard the men shouting and running after him but there’s no turning back, not even a glimpse would help him in this situation. Just like in one of the endings in scary movies, rule number one you got to be quick, rule number two don’t fall down and rule number three whatever you do don’t look back. Those were the quotes he treasured back in middle school and he would always follow those rules. He pushed past strangers that were in his way, and almost slipped while doing so. He started wheezing and reached for the subway station. The tunnel wasn’t as packed as he thought but that didn’t concern him. He went straight for the train caring where it was headed as long as he was far away from those psychopaths. He saw the train doors closing and managed to leap threw the closing doors, he fell on the ground breathing heavily and saw one banging and pressing the button that was on the door, he prayed so hard that the doors remained shut and it did.

As the train moved he let out a huge sigh of relief and thanked every god from every religion and he noticed that the train was empty as far as he could tell. Yifan could still taste the blood in his mouth, and hoped that they didn’t knock out his teeth. As he made his way on one of the seats he looked around in case there was more trouble ahead of him, he looked at one side and saw someone sitting at the far end hunched over with their head down and hands clasped together.

He was wearing an outfit that almost looked like a costume; as far as he knew there wasn’t any news about any conventions so why is this person all was dressed up? Their face was covered by the white hood which creates the shadow and had some sort of accessory on their right arm. The white robes were quite long but could still notice the black boots. Wait, why did the person even catch his attention? Oh well, it’s not his business to know...He just wanted to go home and fast as he could. 

Aaahhh i hope this is okay ;;

even though nobody has read the first bit yet but if you're reading this thanks xD 

I have a alot of ideas on what's going to happen next but i'll just work on the kaisoo fic so i can have time to think =v= soon enough i'll be posting some screen caps based on some of the scenes and use it as one of the main images just to ive you an idea on what's going to happen next. aaand writing about Kris just makes me a bit sad but hey, if he's happy then i'm happy.

EDIT:

I had to edit some bits of the story his should do ovo