What a morning...

Exo Creed

“Now Tao, I’ll let you do the honours for this ceremony” His mentor said, standing on the other side of the fire and gesturing Tao to go to the front.

Tao nodded, his white hood creating a shadow that covered his face from eyes to the bridge of his nose but it didn’t keep him from hiding his fury and revenge. He and slowly walked to the front facing an army of white hooded men and women “Nothing is true, everything is permitted...”

 

It was the summer holidays and you know what that means? Goofing around, being lazy or going out with a couple of friends or dates. Children would go out running around at a park with bare feet with their friends playing with bubbles or shooting water at each other with water guns, teenagers would most likely stay at home or outside their gardens while surfing the webs on their laptops or go out with their friends and taking selfies or whatnot. But that doesn’t mean everyone has time to spare, most people still wake up and go to work and some do their late shifts. Hearing those high school kids complain about the amount of homework they have during their summer break wasn’t pleasant especially when you’re the one serving them iced coffee or snacks at a cafe.

Yixing was a humble and kind young gentleman who never complains or raise his voice at others. He’s calm and sweet with his customers and he never has the intentions on doing his job half assed. He looked at the clock that was hanging on the other side of the cafeteria, it’s 9:30 and Yixing sighed, his friend was suppose to arrive at 9 for his interview so he could work instead of being a lazy cat throughout summer. 

A young man named Huang Zitao was still sleeping after having to put his phone on snooze every 5 minutes to the point where he just turned it off. He was an unemployed man and is living with his wealthy and handsome friend Wu Yifan. But it didn’t mean he couldn’t at least get a simple job. Just because you graduate from a good university with good diploma, it doesn’t necessarily mean professional workers are going to ring you down and offer you a job, no. It took Zitao some time to find a job until his good friend Yixing told him about the ‘Cutie Panda Cafe’. The name sounded too cute but what choice did he have? He did quit other jobs because either his co-workers or customers were harassing him for his number or just complained about how sleepy and lazy he can get from time to time. So Cutie Panda Cafe it was...

Yifan always talked about how Zitao should work somewhere where he could kick but not kick back. All of their friends know about Zitao’s talents other than sleeping well, this young guy could kick some serious but at the same time he gets easily scared let alone seeing a cockroach from the other side of the window.

Zitao would just sigh and complain how much work that would be and having to worry if he would get tortured or brutally murdered. Even Yifan had to admit, Zitao is a strong and a skilful man and he understood Zitao’s reasons but he wouldn’t drop the subject of his lazy friend not getting a simple damned job. His friend could be a stripper for all he gave a fat but no job no Gucci

A few moments later, Zitao finally got up from his bed. His sandy blonde hair was out of place and the bags under his eyes looked worse in the morning than how he originally looked. He walked out of his room his head hanging from one side like a zombie except his arms were swinging by his sides and his eyes weren’t rolled back. He knew Yifan would be working at this point so he wouldn’t have to bother making breakfast for the both of them. Not that it was any trouble, well to be fair Yifan allowed him to stay if Zitao does all the cooking. Fair trade don’t you think?

 As he made his way to the fridge and opened it, there was nothing to eat other than a tomato ‘how can someone so filthy rich not have at least a salami in the fridge for heavens sake?’ Tao thought and sighed. It wasn’t everyday stuff like this happened but he always likes to munch on something.

The Chinese boy got ready to go out and buy food from the groceries until he happened to remember about his phone, he reached underneath the pillows and noticed that his phone was off and quickly turned it on in case he had missed calls....which he did, it was Yixing.

He called about an hour ago so the panda boy quickly called back “Hey Yixing” Zitao said holding the phone with his right shoulder while tying his shoe laces “Tao, where are you?!” Yixing said raising his voice a bit without scaring the customers. ’Tao’ was a nickname used in university. Zitao on the other hand got confused, really confused until he remembered and his eyes widened looking like 2 white plates ’HIS FRKEAING INTERVIEW OF COURSE! WELL ING DONE ZITAO’ His jaw dropped “Yixing Why didn’t you call me earlier?!” Zitao shrieked almost sounding like a Japanese high school girl, he couldn’t believe he missed the damn interview. No ing wonder he had his alarm on.

Tao could tell that Yixing was face palming from the sound of his voice “I called you 5 times and you had your phone off!” Tao couldn’t believe it and started burying his face on the pillow ‘ ’ he thought, now what? He couldn’t just come in wearing something fancy and pulling off martial arts move expecting them to give him a place, it was in a ing coffee shop too “I’ll tell you what” Yixing said, Tao got up quickly, that’s what he wanted to hear other than his stomach raging at his 2 failures, food and interview “I’ll tell our manager that you’re off sick, and that you could try maybe next week Tuesday?” Yixing was convinced that his plan would work, besides, he was his managers favourite and maybe saying that they are both friends would be no problem “thank god you’re my friend Yixing i just wanna go over there and kiss you” Tao smiled widely while wiggling on the bed like a toddler. He didn’t have any feelings for anyone he was just happy that Yixing would cover him from being the biggest moron ever let alone needing someone’s company while taking a shower all because of his silly imaginations of ghosts.

Tao arrived at this favourite grocery store. He was walking from one aisle to another throwing some food products in his shopping cart not giving a damn how many calories there were, he just wanted to eat. He looked at a bunch of kids picking on each other and throwing things at their guardians. His tolerance level shrank to 0%, we’ve all been in that situation where we just want to shove kids in the freezers and leave them there. But Tao was a bigger person than that, so he just glared stared at them until they started running away sobbing to their moms “Good” Tao whispered under his breath.   

After paying at the counter (30% discount because of Yifan) he walked outside carrying 4 bags of shopping, it was nothing compared to his Martial Arts training. His phone suddenly rang, it was Yifan ‘’ he thought, steeling against Yifans words before picking up the phone “Hey Tao i heard you missed your ing interview you biscuit wagon i have your luggage with your other stupid right here near the ing window and i’m not gonna hesitate to kick them out of the ing window you trash freeloading son of a !”  

Tao closed his eyes and took a deep breath; he knows how Yifan is when he’s angry. So before saying a simple ‘hey Yifan, i ed up’ instead he quickly answered rambling out sentences that didn’t even make any sense “Yifan! i missed my interview and breakfast please don’t throw my luggage and my other stupid out of the window we all make dumb mistakes but mine was beyond ridiculous there was no food in the fridge and the cat pooped on the sofa Yixing called and covered my which means i still have hope please don’t chuck me out of your place you have the best toilet and tv i bought chicken but i forgot the spices and speaking of that we do have them OH MY GOD YIFAN PLEASE FORGIVE ME I DIDN’T MEAN TO MISS MY INTERVIEW” he took a breather from all that talk and cried like a kid who just dropped his ice cream. However Yifan just sat there in his office trying to comprehend what Tao just said over the phone. Yifan was impressed that Tao didn’t choke on his spit or up his words and remembered that Tao can rap. He let out a chuckle and finally spoke, he didn’t sound angry or annoyed in fact and he wasn’t even surprised about Taos failure.

“I heard about what happened and i was just calling to let you know that i won’t be home until...late” Yifan said vaguely.

“Wow you’re serious about your job huh?” Tao said, but at the same time he was confused. Why would Yifan even let him know what time he’ll be home? Usually he never has time to call Tao.

“More serious than you are, you can’t even complete a resume without painting your nails” Yifan scoffed.

“It was transparent I WANTED MY NAILS TO LOOK SHINY OKAY”  Yifan rolled his eyes

“And i expect tonight’s gānchǎo niúhé” Yifan said playing with his pen  that has a rilakkuma bear strapped at the end. Tao looked at the shopping bags and face palmed, he forgot to buy beef.

“alright then..” he said looking up at the sky i’m almost half way home’. He hung up, picked up the shopping bags and walked back until he noticed someone. Don’t worry it’s not a love at first sight moment or anything, but it was weird to see someone cosplaying at this weather. It was a boy, roughly at 12 years of age, at least that’s what baby panda looking Tao thought. The kid was sitting on a bench between two elderly people, there were a lot of people passing by. But for a split second he disappeared but replaced with a man who was hunched over and looked as though he was asleep.

“What the hell?” Tao whispered, he could of sworn he saw a boy in white robes, did he imagine things? Why didn’t the elders say anything? He shuffled away still confused as hell. He cleared his mind and started thinking about his late breakfast but still, he couldn’t shake off the feeling that something must have happened. He was tempted to check on the man but at the same time he didn’t want to get involved. 

 

 

Sorry for the shortness >< i was just editing this fic and damn i'm tired (but i'm curretnly editing chapter 2 lol) soon i might post some of my fan arts based on this fic //sighs

i hope you liked it :3 There might be some teeny tiny Kaisoo moment but who knows? and uhhhh yeah if you have any suggestions tell me! ^^