Chapter 3

Can We Start All Over Again?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris was still staring at the fluffy clouds outside the plane's window for no reason. He never liked being on a plane. He really hates being seated for hours because it feels like hell for him.

Even though Tao, his most favourite among the EXO members is beside him every time they ride on a plane, he can't still do dumb things because the panda-like guy who is in charge of understanding his weirdness is a sleepyhead, therefore, the panda always sleeps on their trips. Kris sighed in disappointment as he glanced at the snoring and drooling panda. He rested his back on his seat and closed his eyes, then opens, then closes his eyes again, then opens it again. He doesn’t know anymore how he will overcome the annoying ride. As he looked at the window on his left again, he remembered his girlfriend’s request and he immediately slid his fingers to his pocket to check the piece of paper Amber had put before he left.

“Los Angeles County, California,” he smiled as he tried to memorize the words on the small paper. “Is she that confident that I’ll visit her parents? Such a llama.” He uttered as he kept the paper on his pocket and decided to sleep as he realized going to L.A. is such a long ride.

 

 

“LONG TAM NO SEE EL EY!” Tao shouted as they arrived. The members and SM staffs laughed at him because of his ghetto accent. Yeah, the Korean and Chinese people who were with Tao know they’re not that good at English but they know Tao’s accent was bit awkward. Kris smirked and felt embarrassed as everyone knew he was the one teaching Tao to improve his English.

Everyone immediately headed to the hotel where they’ll be staying for awhile. On the other hand, Kris along with Tao went somewhere to buy stuffs for Amber’s parents and of course, Tao is clueless.

“Kris-gege, whom are you giving those things you bought?” Tao asked innocently while Kris paid everything on the counter.

“Umm... To people I’ve known for awhile,” Kris then smiled as he carried the plastic bags.

“But I thought you were from Canada?”

“Is it bad for me having friends from L.A.?”

“A-aniyo gege... I’m sorry for asking.”

“Haha I was just kidding. Come on, Manager-hyung is now looking for us for sure.” Kris said hurriedly, heading to the hotel.

 

 

“Oh! You must be Kris. Am I right?” A woman on her late 40’s said excitedly as she opened the door.

“Yes I am. You must be Ms. Hwang.” Kris replied politely bowing his head for respect.

“Ah? Hahaha. Yes I am. Come in, come in. You are really a tall guy. Amber must be amused the first time she saw you.” She joked, leading Kris to the living room.

“Yeah, she confessed to me the same thing too before, Ms. Hwang. Ah by the way, I’ve brought some things for you.” Kris said smiling to the woman who has same aura to his mom.

“Son, stop calling me Ms. Hwang. I’m bit uncomfortable. Haha. Oh thank you.” She countered as she accepted Kris’ present.

“I think it’s great than calling you Mrs. Liu. It sounds older for you so I’ll prefer Ms. Hwang.” Kris said and looked down on the floor shyly.

“Now I know why Amber liked you a lot. You’re such a humorous child.”

“Not that much Ms. Hwang,”

“I apologize about Amber’s dad. He is not around right now. He went to San Francisco last week for some important matters. He’ll stay there for another week. I’m so sorry, son” Amber’s mother explained feeling bad for what had unexpectedly happen.

“That’s fine with me, Ms. Hwang. I’m sure we’ll still meet some time in the future.” Kris voiced, lightening up the burden she’s feeling.

“Yes, I think so. You must meet Jackie too. She’ll be here later.” She said happily.

“I’ve already met her umm...last year. She’s a copy of Amber though.” He told her, checking his phone which vibrated awhile ago.

“Ah yah haha... Many people often say that. You can’t say they’re not sisters the first time you’ll see them because they are indeed look alike.”

“ 是。” Kris accidentally agreed to Amber’s mother in Chinese while reading Tao’s mess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter