Review No.1 - Forever and Ever

HEY ⇒ CHEN CHEN | Writing Contest | WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Reviewer: Cherish0718Corner – (Forever and Ever by Chenchendo)

 

Title (5/5)  

It’s simple and fits the theme of the story well. It’s brought up in the story quite a bit so I couldn’t think of a better suiting title.

Description/Foreword (7/10)

I like how you expanded on the quote and made it unique to your story. The wording of second part to the description was slightly confusing to me, but I got it after reading it over again. It gives you a nice nostalgic feeling at the same time.

Originality/Plot (27/30)

Firstly, the AU that was set up for the story was brilliant~ I appreciated the detail that was put into it a lot. It was just my style!

For me, as I began reading the beginning was confusing, but not in a bad way at all. It starts off from the ‘present’ with little context- I feel like that was on purpose. But because of that, I wanted to read on to understand just what was happening, having no introductions to the characters and that. According to the opening sequence, I originally thought it was going to be a father-son story at first, and then began wondering just how old they were and all. The story went back in time and the kid Jongdae that was playing catch with his daddy suddenly became an adult Jongdae who’s talking about wanting to smuggle drugs? I may have been confused but my curiosity hadn’t faltered at all.

It was really straight to the point and the dialogue pulled you in fast. Everything gradually falls to place as you continue on and the pace is just about right to keep up with.

I liked the cutting in and out of the past and present, the scenes with daddy Minseok and his baby Jongdae; they were sweet and just made me melt. The part I enjoyed particularly, was when XiuHan were discussing the process of ‘mak

Please log in to read the full chapter