Chapter 1

Of Oaths & Blood

Deep breaths, Bo. Deep breaths.

To be honest, Bo was extremely frustrated. So frustrated to the point of where if she could, she would set the world on fire or more like set herself on fire because really, she was just frustrated at herself; her carelessness. It's rare of her to be so unaware of her surroundings. She kept accidentally making contact with the numourous seering piecse of metal ready to be made into beautiful swords. Adorning her bare stomach were multiple furiously red marks and the same marks decorated her arms and fingers. One would think that a blacksmith would wear gloves, perhaps were some protective equipment during their work but Bo wasn't a typical black smith. 

She was known throughout Akoyé for her smithing skills despite her being only of 19 years, and despite her shop residing in the small village of Eion. A prodigy, many would call her. Others would say that she took after her father greatly for it was he who had taught her to how forge weapons in the first place. Her father too was praised for his skills. Despite forging weapons, she never kept any of the weapons forged for herself. It's not as if she'd ever need them anyway. After the death of her parents, she was determined to continue the profession of her father and in the 3 years following her parents death, she was able to make a name for herself.

Bo had received a special order of 6 swords, with the request being that they would be the finest swords she'll ever create. The reason for such a request is that the swords were to be fore the greatly revelled Knights of Akoyé. She had never received an order for so many swords at once, and given such a short deadline. She had only one day to forge the swords. She was quite flustered and felt rushed, so it's expected that she'd be a slight bit careless during the making of the products but that doesn't explain for the constant mistakes. She had perhaps 20 pieces of scrap metal; metal that was used previously to create the swords but ones she had messed up on. Now some smiths would re-melt the metal but again, she wasn't like other smiths. Perhaps she was just really goddamn lazy.

For some odd reason, Bo had felt extremely uneasy lately. She had a number of goosebumps and the hair on the back of her neck stood. It was a horribly uncomfortable feeling. Even her back was in pain, a kind of tingling yet burning feeling was spreading around her lower back and upper left shoulder. That was most definitely not a good sign.

"One more sword to go," Bo whispered tiredly as she finished the fifth sword. As she started to the final sword, there was one prominent knock placed on the door of her small shop. She cursed quietly since she had to discard the piece of metal she was currently working on as it would be useless in a matter of seconds if it were to cool. She wiped the sweat of her brow and approached the front of her shop, to the door.

"Who the hell could this be," she mumbled to herself before opening the door. At the sight awaiting her, she froze. At the entrance of her shop stood six tall proud figures. The Knights had arrived; Sehun, Kai, Suho, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and D.O. These were the six most reknown knights of Akoyé; strong, handsome and brave.

Bo was both speechless and baffled for the seconds to follow because why would the Knights be at her door at that moment? The swords were due the next day.

The knight known as Baekhyun stared at Bo emotionlessly. "Well, are you going to let us inside?" 

Just by the rude words of Baekhyun, Bo knew that she would dislike them greatly. She had never spoken them, only seen them from afar but at that moment, her slight admiration for the great knights at disappeared. She silent stepped aside, allowing them to enter.

They looked at the quaint shop in disdain, not seeming the slightest impressed with the many weapons set on display. Kai eyed the rack of different weapons on the far side of the shop. He would pick up a dagger, set it down, pick up a sword, set it down, pick up another sword, set it down. Bo frowned as she watched Kai. 

"Please refrain from touching those, thank you sir," She spoke through clenched teeths and immediately placed a smile on her face as he turned to look at her. He only smirked but did not set the current weapon in his hands down.

"May I ask why?" 

"Wouldn't want them to get dirty now," Bo bit back before she could help herself. Kai's smirk dropped but he set the weapon down.

She sighed quietly. "Why are you here? I thought were to come tomorrow to receive the swords."

The tallest knight, Chanyeol, was the one to answer. "We were... bored."

"You were bored," Bo said increduously.

Bored, ok. "Well, sir Chanyeol, I'm a very boring person. I'm sure you can find a much better source of entertainment some place else. As you see, I'm still working on your swords." Please leave, please leave, please lea—

"Then let us watch you work." Sehun replied.

"Huh." Bo could only gape dumbly.

"Let us watch you work, I'm sure that'd be interesting to see," Sehun said as he eyed her up and down. She was only wearing a black bandeau with matching black tights. and her obsidian hair didn't cover much of the skin that was on display.

"Excuse me for my rudeness, but you'd only serve as a distraction. I request that you leave so that I may finish your swords."

"Request denied," Suho stubbornly answered.

"You know, when they said that one of the best smiths in Akoyé was 19, I chuckled. Then when I heard that the smith was a female no less, I full on laughed. I thought perhaps you were just a front to attract customers. I mean, everyone knew your father. Maybe he's still alive, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he was actually the one making these beautiful swords." D.O. had finally spoken and Bo resolutely decided that he was now on her list, reaching the very top.

"Everything in this shop came straight from my hands," Bo lashed out and she narrowed her eyes at D.O.

"You haven't done anything to prove that though," He wittingly replied.

Bo grit her teeth and her annoyance was starting to peak. "Has anyone ever told you that you're a pain in the , Sir D.O.?"

His sly smile transitioned into more of an offended frown. Bo knew she should stop speaking, to bite her tongue and hold back on her thoughts but it seems as if itself wanted otherwise.

"You also look really innocent and you look like you couldn't hurt a fly. Now I know you could hurt a fly and much much more but I just want to say you don't look very many. You have the eyes of an owl but the words and mouth of a snake. Be careful, Sir D.O., because every time I see a snake, I capture it and use it to test the sharpness of some of my swords."

Bo stiffened as she realized the extent of her last words, and how they could be taken as a threat to the knight. That itself was a serious offense and honestly, Bo already had too much going on. She was praying, praying, that they be merciful and perhaps just take away a majority of her shops inventory but based on her impressions of the knight, she was ready for them to draw their swords on her. And she was prepared to fight back when such circumstances arise.

So when booming laughter echoed within the confines of the store, it would be an understatement to say that she was shocked.

"You were definitely wrong when you said you were boring, Lady Smith."

 


 

A/N

Just to start out the story... I promise it will get more interesting Dx