〈♡〉TEASER 002

〈♡〉ERIS ┌ SMEnt's new girl group┛APPLY NOW (DEADLINE JULY 25TH)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
TEASER 002
"Young Hwan, please bring Bruna here," Zhang Li Yin, also known as the Chinese BoA, said to the staff. "Yes," the guy nodded and walked out of the training room that has all the instruments.
 
Bruna opened her water bottle and was about to drink it when the door abruptly swung open. "Bruna?" she smiled just by hearing that voice, Young Hwan. The guy who accompanied and support her all the way when she started training for SMEnt in China.
 
"Hyung!" Bruna immediately closed her water bottle before putting it to the side and walked happily to Young Hwan. "Hi, hyung!" she chuckled. "It's oppa," Young Hwan corrected.
 
Bruna shooked her head, "No. I like hyung better," she finished with a dorky smile. "But hyung are for guys," said Young Hwan, trying to make her call him oppa. Because to him, it's weird for a girl to call a guy hyung.
 
"Then pretend that I'm a guy," Bruna nodded and posed like a man, making the guy chuckle. *She's such a dork,* Young Hwan thought with a smile on his face, but soon snapped off his thoughts as soon as he remembered what he was supposed to do, "Li Yin wants to see you."
 
That made her smile fade away. "W-what?"
 
"She wants to see you, in training room 24," Young Hwan said again.
 
Bruna blinked a few times, "O-okay." She went out the room together with Young Hwan. The last time Li Yin and this other trainee had a 'talk', the trainee went out of the room crying, it turns out that she was kicked out of SM for not following the rules. 
 
But as Bruna elaborate further, she sighed out of relief. She didn't break the rules or anything, so it must be about something else, right? *If I get kicked, all my hard work is just a wast-* Her thoughts were broke by Young Hwan who stopped in front of a door.
 
Bruna tilted her head, 'room 24' it reads. She gulped, taking one last look at Young Hwan - who gave her a 'fighting' look - she opened the door, and is immidiately greeted with a smiling Li Yin. Although Bruna is nervous, she forced herself to smile like she always does.
 
"Hello, good afternoon," Bruna bowed 90 degrees. Li Yin smiled, "Good afternoon, Bruna. Come, sit here." She patted the vacant seat next to her. Bruna nodded and walked to the seat before sitting on it. 
 
It was obvious that Bruna was nervous, too obvious that Li Yin noticed. "Don't be scare, I'm not going to eat you," Li Yin said, surprising the girl. "Yes," Bruna smiled.
 
Li Yin smiled warmly as she lifted a file, "Do you recognise this, Bruna?" 
 
"Hmm?" Bruna turned her head to look at the file. She blinked a few times when she saw the file. It's hers. It's her file. The file where she keeps all her self composed instrumental music in. Yes, she composed a lot of instrumental music with the piano, guitar and the violin. "My file..." Bruna trailed off.
 
"Exactly," Li Yin opened the file, "I looked up the music you composed. It's really good."
 
Hearing that made Bruna smile ear to ear, "Really? I'm glad you like it. I worked really hard on each one of them."
 
"Are you confident with all of them?" Li Yin asked. "Mmm," Bruna hummed with a satisfying nod. "Would you play a song for me? This. I really like this," Li Yin pointed at the page, 'River flows in you'. "Yes, definitely," Bruna said. Standing up, she walked to the piano and sat comfortably on it. 
 
She took one last breath before putting her fingers on the keys and started to press on them. 
 
(listen to it while reading, well, if you want to, but we prefer you to.)
 
Piano means a lot to her. It helps her get over with her stress, with life, and reality. The magnetic pull of eighty-eight black and white keys on her fingers was present even before her first piano lesson. The itch in her fingers to play have only grown as she've grown older. She always finds herself seeking out a place to play whenever I have free time and wherever I am: at school, friends' houses, and even on vacation. Sitting on the piano bench with her fingers on the keys, *I'm home,* she thought, even if she's thousands of miles away from her house.
 
The moment she sits down at a piano, she unconsciously let out a huge breath, like she've been holding it in since the last time she played. A wave of serenity washes over her as she twiddle her hands for a second, deciding where on the keys to start. As her fingertips meet the cool, smooth ivories, her worries vanish. All the cares of the day fade away with the first note; any problem can be resolved by resolving a chord. The world fades to the black and white of the keys in front of her. Playing piano is therapeutic for her because she can take a break from the stress of reality and express her feelings through the music she plays. Suddenly, emotions, in her head, are swirling and confusing can be released through her fingers into musical patterns. She can spend hours at a piano without realizing the passing of time. Lost in music has always been her favorite place to be, and the piano is her favorite place to get lost.
 
There have been several low points in her life where she’ve wanted nothing more than to get lost. During those moments, the piano was a constant source of consolation and comfort. Music has been there for her at times when no one else has. To be able to spread that support and inspiration to others through her own playing is one of the reasons she loves to play so much. Piano is an incredibly expressive instrument. It is easy to connect to others while playing, whether it’s through a dramatic, complicated piece that touches on people’s heartstrings or the simple chords of Top 40 tune that get everyone singing and dancing along.
 
Yes, she gets lost in the music, and love to encourage others to do the same. But being at the piano is a powerful place for her to be because more often than not, she have found herself there. Playing piano has allowed her to discover and shape bits of herself that otherwise would’ve gone unnoticed. It gave her a channel for her emotions and a pathway to expressing her individuality. Meticulous practice has reaped for her the rewards of a solid work ethic, patience, and other disciplines. When composing her own music, her creativity and imagination can run free. Playing piano gives her a voice that can stand out in a crowd, and she is confident in that voice. These qualities she have learned and developed have followed her into areas of her life outside music, allowing her to face day-to-day life with more certainty in herself and her abilities. Sitting on a piano bench with her fingers on the keys is the happiest and most familiar place for her to be because it is the easiest place for her to be herself.

She pressed on the last key in the song as it signalled that the song came to an end. 

The message was directly sent to Li Yin. Not a word was spoken. But the message was sent. Just by a song. There was so much emotion in just a song. Li Yin, now, understands how Bruna feels. 

Li Yin watch as the girl stood up and bowed, making her smile. Never before she had met such a person. A person who loves music so, so much, that she can put words into a song. 

Li Yin clapped her hands. "Very good," she said. Bruna, of course, smiled ear to ear. Oh how happy she was just by hearing those two words, "Thank you so much."

Li Yin was the first one to hear that song, and Bruna's glad that she likes it.

"What I see here," Li Yin drifted her vision to the file in her hands, "Is that you've made another version of this, the violin version?" 

"Ah yes. I've made two versions of the song," Bruna pointed out. "I would like to hear this version, too," Li Yin told with a smile. "No problem at all. But.. actually, someone has to play the harp," Bruna mumbled the last sentence. "You know how to play the harp, too?" Li Yin asked. "Actually no. But my friend and I arranged the second version of River flows in you and she's the harpist," Bruna explained. "I see. No worries, I'll play it," Li Yin stood up, taking the violin and giving it to bruna before sitting on a chair next to the harp.

With the notes in front of Li Yin, she started playing the harp. Not soon later, Bruna played along with the violin.

The room is filled with soulful music played by the two girls. Smiles on their faces as they play, definitely liking the two tunes combined by both different instruments.

As soon as the song came to an end, Li Yin spoke, "Both the versions are really good." Bruna smiled, "Thank you, but i did the second version with a help from a friend."

Li Yin smiled, "Yes, with a help from a friend. Both you and your friend are truly talented, tell her that." Bruna chuckled, "She'll be honoured." 

"You know how to play a guitar, too, am I right?" Li Yin asked. "Yes," Bruna nodded.

"Then, Is there a song you composed with a guitar," Li Yin paused, "that has lyrics?"

"L-lyrics?" Bruna stuttered. She's good in making instrumental music but writing lyrics is one of her weak points, and even she knows that herself. "There is one, it's in English, tho. But I don't think the lyrics are good enough. I'm not a good lyricist," she confessed.

"I would like to listen to it," Li Yin gestured to the guitar. Bruna slightly nodded before shifting to the guitar and sat on the stool. "I call this, 'Let her go'."

Li Yin smiled as she listened. *She's so talented,* she thought. *She's definitely ready. Finally, I found a perfect girl to be in Eris,* she continued.

As soon as Bruna finished singing, Li Yin stood up and clapped her hands. Stunned, Bruna froze with a smile on her face. 

"Come here, I want to give you something," Li Yin sat down and patted on the seat next to her just like what she did before. Bruna did what was told. "Here," Li Yin handed Bruna an folder. "F-for me?" Bruna asked and got an instant 'yes' from Li Yin. 

She slowly took the folder from Li Yin with trembling hands. This is exactly what happened to the other girl that she thought of, the girl who got kicked. She was given a folder and in it was her ticket to fly back to her home town. Bruna couldn't believe that she's in the same situation, she always thought she was a good trainee, since all her seniors and teachers always praised her.

Slowly, she proceeded to open the folder. Scanning through the words, she saw the words she wanted to see all her life as a trainee.

CONGRATULATIONS,

BRUNA FERNANDEZ MAIA

YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO BE THE FIRST MEMBER OF ERIS
 

With tears threatening to fall, she continued looking into the folder and found a VIP ticket.

BEIJING, CHINA TO SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA

"I'm debuting?" she managed to ask as tears were forming in her eyes. Li Yin gave her a warm amile and nodded. A tear roled down Bruna's cheeks as a smile was immediately formed on her face. "You deserve it, Bruna. Come here," Li Yin opened her arms for a hug and without hesitation, Bruna hugged Li Yin. "Thank you. Thank you so, so, so much," Bruna mumbled.

"So should start packing your things, your flight is in two days," Li Yin told as she pulled away. "At that time, BoA and Kwon Shin Hee will be there in the airport waiting for your arrival," she continued.

"May I ask who Kwon Shin Hee is?" Bruna asked. She knows BoA, but not Kwon Shin Hee. "Kwon Shin Hee is ERIS's manager. She and BoA are very... strict... when it comes to rules. So behave, alright?" Li Yin answered. "Oh..." Bruna trailed off but soon added, "Is she nice?" 

"No," Li Yin answered in an instant. Looking at Bruna's dishearted look, Li Yin quickly added, "But she's nice after you get to know her." Bruna nodded, "Okay."

"Good luck, okay, Bruna?" Li Yin raised of her fist. "Yes," Bruna answered with a smile.


yuko's note}  hey to the ho! ♡ as you can see, this chapter is like an introduction of Bruna and her feelings in music. I felt like I was writing an angst story when I wrote the piano part tbh. lawls. anyways, hope you like the chapter and Bruna! She can compose music and write lyrics but she's not that good with lyrics, I hope you get it. I made a long chapter as an apology to the applicants and readers for being so inactive. school is killing me *sobs* the application is still open! so apply, apply! 

re's note} heyo everyone! *waves like a retard* this... Is a great teaser. This is a great teaser, I JUST I CAN NOT NO I CAN'T FUNCTION PROPERLY IT'S MAKING ME MELT MY INSIDES! Over dramatic, woohoo. Anywho, *singy songy voice* FIRST MEMBER OF ERIS FIRST MEMBER OF ERIS! You can't lie to me and say you didn't sing that in your head /judging you/ yeah, wait next chapter. It's going to be mine ^^