Disturbing Dinner

Mysterious Voice

(Dinner Time)

I changed out of my pajamas a long time ago. Those stupid, arrogant jerks, stayed here, pretty much all day. All thanks to my Appa. Great. I was wearing a tank top and shorts. Too bad it was dark enough to see your neighborhood lit up. Otherwise I would've rode my bike around the neighborhood with those two .. and then ditch them before my Appa suggested that they stay for dinner! What makes this situation seem pretty low? My Appa invited ALL of them over for a BBQ tomorrow afternoon. Appa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Well .. I made Bulgogi. Sorry if it's not what you kids eat nowadays...but-"

"It's okay sir. We aren't picky eaters .." Hyungsik insisted.

"Really? Oh goodie! Finally! .."

"Why? Heejung ssi and ... your daughter don't eat your cooking?" Hyungsik asked annoyingly. Who does he think he is?!

"Well actually ... they-"

"We're Vegetarians." I snapped. Why does he care so much?! Or why does he have to stick his nose into other people's business. "Here Heejung I made Namul." I put some on to Heejung's plate.

"Oh .." Hyungsik and Dongjun said in unison.

"If you excuse me ..." I got up and started heading outside on our terrace. It was night time so I looked up at the stars .. they all reminded me of my umma .. I miss her so much .. she was a Vegetarian too. If only she was here with us again .. she would know what to do. A sudden gust of wind blew towards me. I shivered. Dang. If only I grabbed my sweatshirt.

"Can I give you a hand?" It was Dongjun.

"What do you want?! Go away!!" I faced the opposite direction of him.

"Here." He wrapped a blanket around my shoulders gently. Then he leaned on the railing and looked up at the stars with me. "Wooooowww. Those stars are pretty .. back where we were from .. you RARELY saw the stars at night ..."

I looked at him in awe. How could he live with himself without seeing stars at night, most of his life?? No wait .. how could I do that? I just can't ...

"I-I don't need your help." I took the blanket off of me and held it in my hand. I was going to throw it on the ground but then I saw him shiver once. "Take it."

"Nah. I don't want to." He looked up at the stars again. Aish. Was he picking a fight with me??

"YAH! I said ... take it ..."

"Why..?"

"Just TAKE it .. while I'm still being nice..." I was getting angrier by the minute.

"Nope."

"What?!? Yah!! I KNOW your cold! Don't lie to me! Aish. Quit being so child ish and take the blanket!!" I stood behind him and wrapped it around his shoulders whether he liked it or not. But the way I did it ... made me hesitant. It's as almost as if .. I actually WANTED to linger around him. What's WRONG with me today?! Stupid, arrogant jerks .. look what your doing to me. Hmmph.

"Th-thank you .. but um .. why do you hate us so much?" The way he asked me that question..it sounded like he was really hurt. I didn't know what to say. Should I tell him off? Should I change the subject and head inside? Should I lie? What should I do?

"I-I don't HATE you guys ... it's just ... you're all ... sort of obnoxious .. and arrogant like most pretty boys I know ... are."

"We're not like most boys you know ..."

"There you go again! Being self-centered and arrogant! Aish!! I'm going back inside!" I stomped back inside. Idiot ...

 

Dongjun's POV

"Sorry .. I WILL get you to like us ... I'll do whatever it takes .." I mumbled to myself.

Gees..what's it going to take to get that girl to like us? She's stubborn .. hard-headed .. and full of anger! Especially towards us .. what's up with her? Did something go terribly wrong in her past? Her Appa and dongsaeng seem pretty normal to me ... It's just ... HER.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End of POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~