12) Happiness Comes With A Cost

Cuz it's Forbidden Love

Narrator's POV

Subin's parents came home about last week and everything was back to sneaking off and lies.

"dear, we'll be spending the night with the Cho's" umma said checking her purse

"will I be going too?" Subin asked

"aniyo, we're going to leave you home here" appa said "Junyoung is coming over to spend the night with you"

"bwoh?" Subin asked

"it will be the first of many nights, there's nothing wrong with that, dear" umma smiled "and remember, we like 3 grandchildren"

"umma!" Subin protested

"wait until after the wedding dear" appa reminded dragging his wife out of the house

"bwoyah" she scoffed "like I would ever-"

"agassi" the maid said "sir Junyoung and his girlfriend broke up"

"bwoh?" she scoffed "chincha? pfft, serves that right"

"but he's still spending the night here" the maid said

"wae? he doesn't have to. I don't want him too" Subin crossed her arms

"his parents ordered him" she said

"so? he doesn't follow what they say anyway" Subin said "whatever, I'm having a date with Mark tonight and I was going to go over to his dorm, but since umma and appa are gone for the night, I can invite him over-"

"water. Now" Junyoung said barging in the house. The maid and the other workers scurried away "ppali, don't make me wait"

"yah, no one said that you could come in here . Naka. I don't want you in my house" Subin spat

"move out of my way, " Junyoung said shoving her aside "water!"

"i-igeo" a worker said. The boy roughly took the glass from her hands and took a drink

"this water is warm" he glared at her

"chesunghaeyo" the worker bowed

"put some ice in this !" Junyoung shouted throwing the glass on the floor, creating a mess

"yah! Cho Junyoung! What the is wrong with you!" Subin shouted grabbing him by the collar and pushing him into the living room "no one tells my workers what to do except my parents and me!"

"I don't need your bull right now Kwon Subin" he narrowed his eyes

"you don't need my bull? Excuse me, this is my house. Now get out. I don't want you to be here when Mark comes over" Subin said venomously

"Mark?" Junyoung raised his eyebrows "oh yeah, your stupid poor boyfriend-"

"don't you ing dare say a word against him" Subin said slapping him across the face. Junyoung's eyes flashed a look of anger as he gripped Subin's wrist dragging her up the stairs

"where's your bedroom?!" he shouted

"I'm not telling you" she countered. He scanned the rooms and guessed the one with the golden door outline and roughly pushed her inside

"hm, lucky guess" he smirked before pushing her onto the bed and taking off his shirt

"what the are you doing?" Subin narrowed her eyes as he stripped "ew! I don't want to see that trash!"

"trash?" Junyoung said before attacking her shirt. She thrashed around, trying to fight him, when he pinned her down to the bed, tying her arms and legs with some shirts.

"you're such an !" she said spitting in his face "let me go dammit!"

"never, honey" he said ripping off her clothes. Subin's face burned as she was fully in front of him, but she was not about to show weakness in front of that jerk. Junyoung ed his fingers into her womanhood making her let out a grunt. She didn't want this. No.

***

Junyoung passed out after that little session. The girl didn't notice that he smelled like alcohol until he breathed onto her face. Subin pulled her arms and miraculously, they were free. The ties must have gotten loosened from when he...

Subin hastily got a bag and stuffed a pair of clothes and a nightgown before exiting her room.

"agassi!" the maid said relieved "are you okay?! We heard screams and...agassi, your skin-"

"I'm leaving ahjumma" Subin bit her lip

"oh my God" the maid said gasping "do you want us to call the police-"

"no. When Junyoung wakes up, tell him to go home or whatever. Tell my parents to extend their stay with the Chos. At least a day more. Please" Subin said

"where are you going?" the maid asked

"uh...a hotel?" she said "oppa's place."

"oppa?" the maid asked

"my sachon oppa" Subin said and went in her car. The chauffeur drove her to a building and she thanked him before getting out. It's literally been years since she last saw her cousin, but she knew that he was doing well. Hell, her favorite dramas were always ones that he starred in. The girl knocked on the door and was relieved when the door was opened by none other than her famous cousin.

"oh? Subin-ah?" he asked

"oppa" Subin said tightly hugging him

"what are you doing here?" he said surprised, but nonetheless hugging her back

"oppa, do you mind if I stay here for tonight?" she asked

"did something happen at home?" he asked ushering her inside

"a-aniyo" Subin shook her head. The male narrowed his eyes at her

"Kwon Subin, 5 years have gone by, yet as a professional actor, I can tell when you're lying" he said

"of course oppa, you're Kim Soohyun" she rolled her eyes

"tell oppa what's wrong" Soohyun said and noticed her eyes flickering a look of fear "or...we can eat first."

"it's 6 pm" Subin said

"and I'm hungry" Soohyun said "join me? or not?"

"I can eat" Subin said trailing him into the dining room

"I was just about to eat too, so you're in luck" Soohyun said "how's imo and samchun doing?"

"they're spending the night with my future-parents-in-law" Subin said

"ah that's right. You're engaged" Soohyun nodded taking a big bite of meat. Subin shyly picked up her utensils and started eating with him.

"what about imo and samchun?" Subin asked referring to his parents

"same old same old" he nodded "what about your fiance? Cho...Junyoung's his name right? Is he treating you well? Does he need someone to beat him up?"

Subin coughed at the mention of his name, her face turning red. Not of embarrassment, but of..fear?

"yah gwenchana?" Soohyun stood up giving her water. He patted her back as Subin drank the water

"I'm okay" she said

"are you sure?" Soohyun asked and she nodded

"so do you have any plans for another drama oppa?" Subin asked averting the subject

"not yet. I'm gonna rest for a while first" he answered eyeing her suspiciously. The rest of their dinner consisted of small talk, no more mentions about Subin's arranged marriage and business life. "-of course I remember that! You and Junnie were playing in the water when a fish ran by Junnie's foot and she tackled you in the water!"

"Stop laughing! Water went up my nose and ears and mouth and ew!" Subin whined "it was gross!"

"you looked like you wanted to kill Junnie!" Soohyun said clutching his stomach from laughter "well look at the time"

"midnight" Subin said

"you can sleep in the guest room Subin-ah, if you need anything, just throw a pillow at my face. I'm sleepy" Soohyun said

"I'll probably do that even if I didn't need anything" Subin smirked

"brat" he said messing up her hair "night"

"night oppa" Subin waved watching him disappear up the stairs. As soon as she heard him close the door to his bedroom, Subin sunk down facing the window and started crying. She bit her lip as she sobbed, trying hard not to wake up her cousin. She thought back to what happened earlier and how her body was roughly violated and abused. Subin remembered how people said that was supposed to feel good, but then again, what she and Junyoung wasn't . Her fiance her. It hurt and she wondered if Mark would do the same thing- "stop Subin-ah...M-Mark wouldn't hurt you."

She didn't know what time it was, but the sky was slowly getting lighter. Here she was, restless and broken.

"Subin-ah?" Soohyun groaned coming downstairs "you're still up?"

The boy became alert when he noticed that she crying.

"Subin-ah..." he said sitting next to her and protectively wrapping his arm around her. Subin faced her cousin and hugged him, her arms trembling. "what happened?"

"I-I got " Subin said barely audible, but he heard her clearly "J-Junyoung me"

"oh my God" Soohyun said soothingly rubbing her back. He took a good look at her and noticed the marks and bruises. "are you okay?"

"aniyo" she shook her head, burying her face in his chest "oppa"

"shh, it's okay it's okay" he said slowly rocking her "you'll be fine. Oppa's here."

Soohyun's heart broke. He was close to all his cousins, but he was especially close to Subin. The girl considered him an older brother figure and although they lost contact for about 5 years, nothing changed. He knew that his cousin was a firm and strong girl, but knowing that she got violated and seeing her in this condition, he was heartbroken.

"do you want me to do anything?" he asked

"w-wait" she said blindly reaching for her phone. She checked the notifications and saw that she received several texts from Mark


Subin's View

-Baby, I'm home~
-Baby, where are you?
-I thought we were having a date today :(
-If you didn't want it today it's fine, just text or call me
-Baby?
-Are you coming? The dinner's getting cold
-Should I come over there?
-Wait your parents
-Babyyy
-It's 10...the boys and I finished our dinner.
-Baby, are you okay?
-Answer me~
-yah Kwon Subin
-I'm getting a bit annoyed here
-Why aren't you answering?
-Kwon Subin
-You didn't have to stand me up you know
-I'm done.
-Tell me when you're going to talk to me...


"oppa, text him and say 'I'm sorry. Something came up' jebal-yo" Subin said "I-I can't type right now"

"who is he?" Soohyun asked

"my boyfriend" Subin said

"you have a boyfriend? and you're engaged?" he raised his eyebrow

"not the point right now." she said "besides J-Junyoung had one before me. He had a girlfriend then she broke up with him today and he...yeah"

"arasso arasso" Soohyun said typing on the phone "he's probably sleeping-wait, no he answered"

"what did he say?" she asked

"is everything alright baby?" Soohyun read "what should I put?"

"everything's good. Just stuff with the marriage. Boring. Listen, I'm sleepy, I'll talk to you later." Subin recited and he typed

"hold on Subin-ah...did he use protection?" Soohyun asked and she shook her head "did he e inside you?"

"deh oppa" she nodded trying not to relive her scarring experience

"what if you get pregnant?" Soohyun gasped

"I don't know...that's what I'm scared about" Subin said and he took her hand

"let's hope not oh?" he said and she nodded "c'mere, you need a hug"

"what am I supposed to say to Mark if I do get pregnant?" Subin asked resting her head on his shoulder

"honestly Subin-ah, did you think you two could last?" Soohyun asked

"I hope we could" she muttered

"I don't want to be the bad cop here dongsaeng-ah, but you and Mark...it's just not meant to be. It's forbidden" he said "if you happen to get pregnant, best thing to do is break up. Having a boyfriend on the side while you're married and taking care of a kid, it'll just be a mess. Save both of you the trouble and break up if you are pregnant"

"you're not helping here oppa" she yawned

"I'm sorry Subin-ah" Soohyun said "you seem to be happy with this Mark, but you have a duty to your parents and Junyoung's parents and also to your future. I know very well the way your lifestyle works. Sometimes you have to cast away your own happiness for the best of others"

"b-but oppa" Subin said "I-I don't want to see Junyoung again"

"shh shh, uljima uljima" Soohyun hushed "if he does that to you again, tell me and I'll do something okay?"

"okay oppa" she nodded

"now go sleep. You've been crying the whole night." Soohyun said


A/N Yass special appearance from Kim SooHyun because that man is from the stars (Aye did you get that? XD) Anyway...I got my new iPad today yay...um..I start volleyball camp Monday. I've been basically hanging out with Lyna and Tina and somewhat Kyle. It's been fun towards the end of the weekend. I basically have no news lmao

So...

K-pop slays me.
Subscribe, comment, and upvote~
-Yuni