Chapter 6

Rosetta

"Hey, it's morning..."

Namjoon grumbles in his throat.

"C'mon, wake up, sleepy head!"

Namjoon's tired arm is snaking out of the warm blanket, seeking for its daily morning hunt - the alarm clock, when he jolts in realization that such sweet sound cannot possibly belong to his inanimate sworn enemy. And this feather-soft cloud hugging his tired body is no way Hoseok's barely-better-than-the-floor mattress.

His eyes peek open, while his flurry mind tries to recall how he ended up in this unfamiliar place. He bats his lazy eyelids as a hand reaches for his face. The warm fingers brush against his skin, and his brain is awakened at once.

"Jin?" Namjoon’s voice cracks.

"Hmm... Good! Your fever is gone!" Jin smiles down to the younger boy, who is still in the middle of scrambling for his fuzzy memory.

The last thing Namjoon remembers is Jin's body pressed close against his, while their tongues explored each other and his fingers tugged at the latter's waist. He remembers his body was hot, so hot that when Jin ground his hip down he couldn't contain his moan and sparks were flying behind his eyelid as everything went... white.

"Did I... pass out in the middle of our make out?"

Jin lets out a short giggle.

.

Namjoon grunts out loud as he throws the pillow over his face, feeling his embarrassment burning on his cheeks. This has never happened to him before and it must be right after he finally got his whole life’s worth of courage to confess to Jin and in the middle of their first intimate moment. Congratulations Kim Namjoon because you will never get into Jin’s pants, ever, in all possible existing universes.

Somehow even with his face covered, he can still feels Jin's smiling amusedly at him. He wish a hole would magically appear on the floor so he could throw himself into and vanish of the Earth’s surface.

 

The older boy gently taps at his chest.

"Don't be embarrassed! You were having a fever."

"Did I make you take care of me all night?"

"Well... I just gave you some medicine, changed your clothes into something more comfortable and tugged you in."



Changed my clothes...?

 

Namjoon looks down at the grey sweatpants and black tee that he does not recognize. His heart jumps. The thought of Jin stripping him off and sliding these clothes - his own clothes - over Namjoon's body gives his face an even deeper shade of red. His brain might have fallen unconscious, but his skin still remembers prefectly how it melts away at Jin's touch.

Realizing what he missed last night just makes Namjoon crave for Jin's lips on his more, so he makes a quick check of his breath - not too bad - before he jumps up from the bed, leans his body against Jin's back, puts his arms around Jin's waist and his face nuzzles the soft skin where Jin's neck meets his shoulder.

Jin's hair still damp from morning shower and his pristine skin smells even more amazing than last night. Namjoon drowns himself in the delicious fragrance as his lips trace the elder boy's jawline to the corner of his mouth.

"Should we continue what we left off...?"

Namjoon feels Jin's lips curving into a smile against his own, as the latter turns around, one hand slowly reaching for Namjoon's neck.

Jin slightly on Namjoon's lips, and the younger boy finds his heart racing in his rib cage again. This feels so right, and Namjoon can't believe it is what he spent two weeks running from.

Namjoon's hands wander, sliding under Jin's thin shirt and tracing the lines of his abs when the older boy suddenly pulls away.

"Hey hey, slow down now Kim Namjoon! From what I remember, you have classes this morning."

"I am too smart for classes." Namjoon pouts and reaches out his arms, attempting to resume the kiss before realizing that his aegyo is not at all effective.

"Don't make me punish your lazy ..."

Namjoon eyes light up.

"I don't mean it that way!" Jin exasperates, but Namjoon does not miss the tint of pink on his cheeks "I have a script reading later at 10 anyway."

"Can I come?" Namjoon says eagerly, unable to hide his excitement to see Jin blowing people's mind with his talent, the same way he does with Namjoon's.

"You clingy kid!” Jin clicks his tongue, although the way those puppy round eyes kneading at him almost made him say yes. " Don't make me regret letting you in yesterday! You are seeing me later at the cafe shop anyway."

But Namjoon is far from giving up. He opens his eyes even bigger, bites his lip even tighter so his dimples show - the expression he does not even use to charm the schoolgirls at work, and Jin hates himself for teaching Namjoon those things.

The older boy sighs.

"Okay... Five minutes."

And that's all Namjoon needs to throw his arms around Jin.



***


10 missed calls.

12 messages, half of them ask whether Namjoon is alive while the rest assure him that he will be dead the moment he gets home.

Hoseok can be such a worried mama sometimes.

 

Namjoon mentally prepares himself for whatever torture awaits him before opening the door to their apartment.

Hoseok looks up from his cereal bowl to glare grimly at his guilty-looking friend.

"I give you five minutes..."

Namjoon chokes on air.

"... to explain, before I skin you alive."

So Namjoon clears his throats and does just that, except for his explanation takes much longer than five minutes and Hoseok completely forgets about his murderous intention by the end of Namjoon's story.

"So..." Hoseok stares blankly at nothing "... Jin hyung, and you, are... together... now?"

"Yeah, after what happened last night, I do hope so." Namjoon blushes at his own words.

"Wait but I didn't know that you're gay..."

"I didn't either. Well, the only thing I am sure of is that I really like Jin hyung" Namjoon pauses to think "more than anyone I have ever dated actually."

And Hoseok falls silent again, pondering upon the new information.



"Have you ever... You know..." Hoseok points at himself "... Thought about..."

"JUNG HOSEOK!" Namjoon throws the couch cushion at his friend.

"Ouch! Okay... Okay... I was just kidding... Relax... Anyway, I am happy for you, I guess. The past few days you looked like a ghost..."


Hoseok grins at his friend, his teeth-showing smile immediately mirrored by Namjoon.



"Thanks, bro."

"Why are your lips so swollen by the way?"

Namjoon feels his face turn bright red.

"... Ohhhh okay never mind." Hoseok quickly turns back to finish his breakfast, trying to distract himself from his own imagination and thinking hard to find a good excuse to tell his friend Soyeon.



***



Namjoon whistles as he comes to the coffee shop, little bounces in his steps, ignoring Jimin's and Taehyung's eye-wide astonishment. He passes by Jin – “hi hyung”, his voice almost an octave higher than usual – and Jin replies, “hello Namjoon”, eyes not leaving his steam pitcher but his lips break into a perfect smile.

Namjoon guesses he likes this, a lot, the way his heart leaps, the warmth that spreads under his cheeks, the soft breeze that brushes along his spine whenever they touch. All the feelings that buzz through his body seem almost overwhelming, and yet at the same time, they are never enough.

Every time Jin’s shoulder bumps against Namjoon’s,  or when they sneakily thread their fingers together behind the counter, or that one fleeting peck on his lips when they happen to visit the storage room at the same time, leaves Namjoon’s heart beating a little too fast and his brain a little too stunned  to function.

 

It’s not like Namjoon did not go all crazy at their contact before, but now, it seems like every glance, every smile, every touch is intentional, is meant only for Namjoon and that thought alone makes him feel a little breathless.  

Days ago, these emotions would have sent Namjoon into the middle of a terrifying whirlwind of confusion. Now, he is no longer running away, he is staying to let these amazing waves carry him.

 

 

“You are staring.”

“I know.”

“Am I that interesting to watch?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Are you losing your mind over me, Kim Namjoon?”

“Probably.”

 

And Jin’s lips turn into the prettiest smile Namjoon has ever seen. And Namjoon thinks to himself, what he wouldn’t give to see that happy twinkle in Jin’s eyes every day.

 

 

***

 

 

They start hanging out at Jin’s place after work almost every evening. They usually do their own things - Namjoon scribbles lyrics and Jin memorizes lines - with their limbs tangled and their minds somewhat distracted. Namjoon’s papers are filled with words again and he loves his new found inspiration.

Namjoon is resting his head on Jin’s stomach, enjoying the way Jin’s fingers brush and play with his hair, when Jin’s phone rings and the older boy says he has to take his call outside.

Namjoon sits up and takes the chance to really concentrate on his rap verses. The submission day for audition mix is close, and he is rather satisfied what what he has.  Although it is almost the typical “I’m gonna be on top and nobody’s gonna stop me” story, his words deliver heavy punches and if the last recording says anything, it will be to ask everyone to watch out for Runchranda – the name he came up with for himself.

 

His thought is disrupted when Jin walks in, saying nothing but quickly wrapping his arms around the confused Namjoon.

 

“Are you alright?”

“… It was Hyosang.”

 

Namjoon hisses at Jin’s reply. That guy got some nerve calling Jin again.

 

“It’s okay… he was saying goodbye.” Jin sighs against Namjoon’s shoulder. “He apologized for everything, he said he was leaving for Canada again and he probably will never come back.”

 

Jin may have meant to show that he is relieved, but the sadness in his voice is palpable. It irks Namjoon to think that Jin still has even a slightest feeling for someone who hurt him so badly, but that’s understandable - Hyosang used to be an important part of Jin’s life.

 

“I am so sorry… I know that I no longer care for him, but hearing that farewell… it just… it reminds me of how he left one year ago and I…” Jin’s words trail off.

“It’s okay” Namjoon’s hand brushes gently on Jin’s hair. “I’m… not going anywhere.”

 

Jin’s arms tighten around the younger boy’s waist.

 

Namjoon inadvertently glances at the words he jotted down just a minute ago “Imma take a bite of the Big Apple…”, and bites his lips.

-end of chapter 6-

 

A/N: I AM SO SORRY GUYS! I know I took forever to update /beg for forgiveness/... but urghhh I have so many things to do lately. I will try to update chapter 7 earlier! >__< AND lol I read your comments about the cliff hanger OMG I am so sorry I guess I let you guys down hahahahahaha... there will be some progress I promise~