Chapter 1

Too Late

Luhan didn't think twice as he crawled into the tinted van making his way past the manager into the backseat that was already half occupied by another member. Minseok smiled gently as Luhan took out his cellphone from his back pocket.

"Still sleepy?" he muttered as he clicked open an app tracking world wide soccer news. The older man gave a small nod as Luhan lifted his arms to make room for his hyungs head on his lap and without a moment of hesitation the space was filled with the same spiky hair that had been there since shortly after they debuted.

The rest of the members were picked up one by one still taking the same positions they have been over the past 15 years. The manger stayed busy even at such an early hour as he discussed tweaks in there schedule to fit in all the events for there 15th anniversary.

After arriving at the head office a camera crew was already waiting for them as they filmed the group entering the building and heading toward their dressing room that had become a bit more lavished as the years past.

Suho sat quickly on the couch picking up the closest newspaper to search for the current events as Tao moved to the corner flipping over the run down of there next live concert to be held a few days from now.

Minseok and Kyungsoo were the last to enter as Luhan followed in front of them. The usual greetings were muttered to staff as they filed in and out of the room. Luhan had sat quietly at his station which was different from his normal self slouching on the couch next to Minseok cursing about the current trades going on between teams.

Once all the staff had finished their final preparations for their appearance on that days Inkigayo he walked to the door glanced down the corridor making sure no one was close by and closed the door locking it behind him.

Kyungsoo noticed this weird behavior first and nudged the dozing Minseok next to him, "What is going on?" Kyungsoo stuck out his chin motioning to Luhan who stood quietly with his back to the door.

Minseok brushed it off and closed his eyes again, "You know how paranoid he can be. He just loves his privacy." he spouted off to Kyungsoo before the sound of Luhan clearing his throat loudly brought all eyes on him.

The lengthy man stood at the door with an awkward smile on his face, "I have an announcement to make." "You finally decided to buy your own soccer team?" Tao said nonchalantly before returning to the papers in front of him. Luhan smiled normally, "I did that three months ago."

Suho lifted an eyebrow as he lowered his paper onto his lap folding it over once before turning toward Luhan to give him full attention, "Then what is the news?" The younger man took a step away from the door and lifted his right hand. The light barely hit it when everyone focused in on the ring he wore, "I am engaged to be married."

"Are you not too old to still be playing pranks on us. Baekhyun does that enough", Suho spouted off as he lifted his paper back up and searched for where he left off. The rest of the group stayed quite and waited for Luhan's response.

Luhan sneered and scoffed in reply to Suho's disbelief before walking over to him and ripping his newspaper put of his hand. "Believe it or not it's a fact." he blurted out as he clicked a few buttons on his phone to bring up a picture of him and a pretty girl in a private setting.

"And you know my rule about taking photos with girls." he smiled at the thought of proving Suho wrong and turned to show Chanyeol and Lay who rushed over to see also. His phone was nearly ripped from his hand as Sehun took a closer look and then embraced his friend almost tight enough to cut off his circulation.

Luhan pulled his phone from the overly excited Sehun shouting congratulatory remarks while watching Kyungsoo pull Tao from his seat to drag him over to the festivities. The new groom to be smiled as he turned to face his best friend who yet to join the crowd.

Minseok sat perfectly still staring at a random point on the floor when Luhan sat down beside him on the couch. "No congratulations?" he squeaked as he placed his head on Minseok's shoulder. "Congratulations." he spoke from under his breathe as he slid away from Luhan and off the couch.

Luhan watched as the older man left the room. He knew something was wrong because for a split second before his best friend stood he thought he seen his eyes glistened with impending tears as his face carried a pained look. He would never harm the band. They had been through to much already.

Thinking to himself he couldn't shake the look. He stood from the couch and followed the same path the other man had taken to a private shower room.

"Seokie?" Luhan called as he heard a faint noise in the distance, which promised to be him. He crossed the changing room and silently entered the stalls. He leaned against the wall, it was cold on his finger tips as he peeked around the corner exposing the full shower.

There in the corner Minseok huddled hugging his knees, his head buried deep in his lap not allowing an inch of his face to be exposed. "There you are. Can't start the party unless all of us our there." he smiled as he approached him.

He was stopped by a tug against his shoulder. " He will be there in a moment. Suho and Kyungsoo have some questions for you. You better get back." Jongdae almost commanded as he lead him to the door before returning to the figure in the corner. Once Luhan removed himself from the room Jongdae approached Minseok slowly.

Jongdae grasped his hand and pulled Minseok up to eye level. "Nothing will change. We are still EXO." he cupped the chubby cheeks of the other man and pulled him into a hug. "Everything has already changed now." he spoke into Jongdae's shoulder before taking a step back and wiping away his very visible tears.

“I will wash up and meet you back in there in a moment.” Minseok didn’t lift his head any further as he slid past Jongdae quickly just barely escaping his grasp as the youngest reached out for him.

Jongdae’s arm returned to his side as he held back his worry in hopes of hiding how he felt right now. It was a mystery to him as well as the other members on why Luhan would even want to marry to start with. He had always seemed like he would be the last to marry but he would be the first?

Returning to the room Suho clung to Jongdae as he entered, “Isn‘t she pretty. I am so happy for our Luhan.” Jongdae just smiled and patted Suho. “When did you come to this decision?” Jongdae asked calmly towards Luhan.

“It just seemed like the next step.” Luhan replied as he took his cellphone back from Kyungsoo. “What is her name?” Kyungsoo butted into the conversation. “Mei.” He kept it simple and tried to change the subject quickly. “We still going for dinner together?”

A staff member returned to the room and announced it was their turn.

The performances seemed more lievely as everyone on stage smiled brightly from the earlier news but one. Minseok continually missed steps but the group would simply smile and continue with a retake. It took a few more tries then normal but they finally had it on point.

“I am starving. Can we eat now?” Kyungsoo pulled on Suho’s arm dragging him off the stage. “I will have the manager pull the van around then.” Luhan said as he placed his cell phone back in his pocket not noticing the charm fall from it when leaving the room.

Kyungsoo and Suho followed close behind leaving Jongdae alone and waiting for Minseok alone. It was still a matter of minutes before Minseok returned. “Are you ok?” Jongdae placed his hand against Minseok’s forehead to feel for any excess warmth.

“I am fine.” he harshly replied as he pushed his hand from his head. Jongdae’s phone rang, playing there most recent single until he answered it, “We are heading down now.” He hung up without waiting for the reply. “Stick by me tonight. I don‘t want to worry about you more then I have to.” Jongdae smiled as he took Minseok in hand and lead him out of the room.

The evening passed quickly as they ate and drank into the wee hours of the night. It had become somewhat of a routine as Suho who learned not to over due it anymore would take home Kyungsoo who never caught on while the rest carpooled in the van together.

Tao’s stop was first as he was let out he turned to watch the door close and Minseok look almost distraught as the two pulled away in the van alone. Luhan still acting like nothing had changed between them as he pulled up close to Minseok after Tao was long gone from sight.

Minseok glanced down at Luhan wrapped firmly around his arm, “Why marry now? I have never even heard you mention a girl you were dating before, nevertheless thinking of marring.” Luhan’s face changed quickly as he pulled away and sat back up in his seat properly, “I can‘t wait anymore, my dreams have become just that. You know we both wanted to leave in the beginning but for the first time, 15 years after our debut, I want to cry at the mere thought of it no longer being us eleven on stage together.”

The taxi stopped and Luhan stepped out quickly not wanting to hear what Minseok had to say. “Just a minute” Minseok asked the manager as he nodded in agreement. “Stop.” Minseok yelled towards Luhan as he was about to enter his building. “Wait, please. Talk to me, what happened really?” the older man almost pleaded with him to tell the whole story before Luhan opened the door and stepped in.

“Go home Seokie, it is too late.” Luhan took one last look into his best friends eyes and closed the door behind him.

Luhan stepped inside the dark building closing the heavy door behind him, burring his hair in his hands he let out a deafening cry.This was the first time he genuinely had treated Minseok so rashly and his brain was having trouble keeping up with what his heart was telling him.

Not wanting to end the day on that tone he rotated from his position pulling the door open to access the street again. All that was seen by the time he entered the busy street was the van pulling away with Minseok in it.

Allowing his head to drop he tried his best not to think about what was about to change between them as he returned to his now empty home. He attempted to shake the site of Minseok’s pleading eyes as he thought of how he pushed him away.

Minseok drug his body from the taxi and up his family homes stairs to his front door. He paused before he entered gentle hand ready to grip the handle when the door swung open.

"I thought I heard you dragging your feet up the stairs. Hurry up get inside before you catch a cold in this cool air." his mother smiled sweetly as she gave him a caring tug into the house. Minseok followed his mother in where two cups sat at the table and took his seat in front of one harshly.

"Must have been a bad day." her voice shook a bit as she poured the warm tea into the cup and pushed it up to her broken son. Minseok wrapped his hands around the cup firmly taking in it's soothing warmth before continuing on, "Luhan is getting married."

Minseok’s mother caused the tea cup to over flow as she dazed off in the meaning of these words. “Clumsy me?” She said with a forced smile as she sat down the hot pot. Minseok quickly stood and grabbed a towel laying it over the spill. He grabbed his mothers hands and checked them once over, “You didn‘t hurt yourself did you?”

She smiled at the sweet reaction of her son and lifted one hand from the grip of his placing it on top of his soft and gently hands, “I am fine.” Minseok retreated back to his seat. His gaze still distant as he slouched over his steaming cup.

“Are you hurt?” his mother asked in a distant manner in hopes of not making sulk more then he was already doing. Minseok lifted his head and smiled at her lovingly, “I am fine.”

The next day when Minseok arrived at the van door Tao was already occupying it. “They picked you up first?” Minseok said with a bit of surprise in his voice as he took his usual seat. “I think we are going to start doing it this way from now on. It fits with my schedule better.” Tao moved from his normal place in the van and sat next to Minseok in Luhan’s place.

“I guess this means this is my spot now.” Tao smiled as he lifted his arms and motioned for Minseok to lay on him as he always did to Luhan. He hesitated for a long moment before placing his head on Tao‘s lap. Tao gently his hair trying to comfort the older man as he knew that he had felt out of place since the big announcement the day before. He normal wasn't like that in public with his hyung but no one was there but their manager at the moment.

Minseok knew this was his normal routine but it was too different today, the touch, the pillow, the smell. He rode silently in this position until they reached the next stop, Luhan’s. The door slid open and the usually bright man stepped in, with a quick glance he had seen the back seat was occupied and moved to the next open seat.

Luhan’s mind raced as he thought of how easily he had been cased aside and Tao had taken his place. Minseok dozed off in hopes of making the time past quicker and before he knew it the were already at the Companies front door.

Every one piled out except for Tao and Minseok who waited for his path way to open up. Tao raised his hand and wiped away a wet substance from Minseok’s chubby cheek, “You were crying while you slept.” Minseok quickly touched his cheek making sure to wipe away any remaining tears that may have flowed. Tao smiled and grabbed the flustered man’s hand leading him from the van.

They made their way thru the crowds of juniors who pointed and whispered to each other. It was very common now for them. They had become more legendary then their own seniors and more loved then any other in the business. They were the group that every junior wished they had been part of, being loved for being themselves and respected for the effort that put into every detail of their career.

The halls emptied as the reached SM’s head office, Suho knocked lightly announcing their arrival before opening the door. “You wanted to see us,” Suho asked respectfully as they all piled in. “Yes, In light of my meeting with Luhan the other day we have a big change about to take place.” the CEO spoke as he stood from the desk.

Xiumin moved closer to the front next to Baekhyun. EXO’s members all turned to glance at Luhan who had been silently standing in the far back before returning to their boss who continued on, “I am pretty sure he already told you but he is getting married.” Baekhyun felt his hand heat up as Minseok’s slipped into it. “Luhan has also made some other requests and they have already set in motion. He is leaving for California in a few weeks. Seems like the boy is dead set on finally leaving.”

Baekhyun almost cried out in pain as he felt Minseok’s clamp down around his own with the words that had just been said. “EXO will now be a 10 member unit. I have passed on the details to your manager and Luhan will be worked out of the schedule over the next few weeks until he leaves.”

The meeting went on as the manager joined them. No one dared to ask for the details of why as the intense meeting dragged on. When everything was all said and done four hours had passed and in a few short weeks Luhan would no longer be in EXO or even in South Korea.

Everyone was silent walking back out until Suho broke the silence, “Our meeting will be at my place. I suggest we do it tonight.” Nodding in agreement and murmuring every one said they would show up in two hours from the current time as Kyungsoo had suggest so they could eat and such.

The time between was for everyone to reflect on what just happen. Yes they were still EXO but how could you be with Luhan gone. A puzzle missing a single piece is still incomplete even if you know exactly what it is suppose to be.

Everyone awaited patiently at Suho’s making passive talk to try to keep the atmosphere bearable until the last person showed up.

Luhan walked silently toward the destination, not wanting to hear what they had to say he thought long and hard for a way out of it. A ringing came to his ears as he walked further down the well lit street. His head raged on as the sun hit his eyes directly causing him to close them in pain. He removed his sunglasses from his front jacket pocket and placed them on his nose gently. When pulling away his hand he startled him self at the blood that had begun to flow from his nose.

Quickly running from his location he made it to his destination nose covered and sleeved soaked in blood. He barged in the door as everyone turned to see a fast paced Luhan heading towards the bathroom, “Be out in a second.”

Minseok stood as he noticed a glimpse of red smudges on Luhan’s face, “Blood?” he whispered as if it was a returning enemy that haunted him. He didn’t resist his urge and stood right away to follow him, “I will check on him, be right back.”

He didn’t even allow Luhan to fully close the door before his hand was in the remaining gap. The surprise on the younger mans face as he dropped his sleeve revealing the blood smears scared Minseok. “Luhan” he said with fear in his voice as he pulled the closest towel from the bar, wetting it and beginning to wipe off his face. “It has already stopped.” Luhan tried to take the towel from Minseok but did not succeed as he brushed his hand away harshly giving him a defiant look.

“How many does that make now? 5, 6?” Minseok asked Luhan. “Work is too much, I can‘t do it anymore.” Luhan gave a short reply with the snap of his wicked tongue. He stood to check his reflection making sure he was clear to go before stepping out of the bathroom. Minseok muscles reacted without his permission, his arms wrapped tightly around Luhan pulling him in close to his chest where he could feel both there hearts beating hastily. His body lost control has he thought of Luhan walking away from him, losing him to someone who he believed knew nothing about him.

His body reacting before he could complete a though. He planted his lips on Luhan’s cheek as he still held Luhan around the waist, his chest pressed firmly to his back. Luhan pried away from Minseok’s grip “You were always bad with the timing of fan service. Save it for when the fans can see it.” Minseok knew Luhan couldn’t be that dense, right? He watched his best friend walk around the corner leaving him standing there dejected and alone.

“Let’s get this over with.” Luhan sat in the remaining chair and folded his arms waiting for the scolding’ to begin. Kyungsoo spoke first, “Suho and I were talking and we can back you up if you really love her.” Suho nodded in agreement and turned to face Luhan who was smiling widely, “Don‘t worry you will see that personally on Saturday‘s concert.” Chanyeol finally chimed in, “Saturday?” “It has already been arranged to have us announce the wedding to the fans then.” Luhan unfolded his arms and stood from his position, “If that is all I am going home for the day.”

He turned to face the hall where Minseok stood moodily against the frame holding the blood soaked sleeve, “Marriage is one thing but why are you leaving?” He threw the jacket down at his feet, “And what is this all about? Tell me the truth.” Minseok’s voice was a pleading anger as he feared he would never get a chance to be by his side for the rest of his life like Luhan had once promised him.

Jongdae stood and rushed to Minseok who had slid down the wall, looking beat like a soaked puppy in the rain. Jongdae crouched down and checked over the older man as he lipped the words quietly, “you ok?” Minseok didn’t answer but instead turned to face Luhan with his now slightly glossed over chestnut colored eyes and in a crackling voice asked the one question that had been weighing on him the most, “Have the last 15 years meant so little to you, why are you leaving us?”

Luhan kept his thoughts to himself for a moment before giving a short reply followed by leaving them behind and stepping back out into the harsh streets without them. Everyone glanced around at each other as they could hear the words being repeated in their own heads over again.

“Because it may already be too late, if I don‘t go now there may never be a chance to fulfill my dream, plus it's not like I owe you anything." Luhan replied in a desgusted voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 is up.. Yeah~~ Will try to have 2 up quickly arfter I finish the next chapter of Blured Lines <3