Oh no...

Into Fatherhood We Go!

Myungsoo was seriously growing, and every day the young father is reminded of that – especially now as he can hear the now familiar voice of the child as it bounces throughout the whole apartment, voice frantically calling for his father and shaking in fear after finding his Jongwoon’s missing form beside him when he woke up.

“Just a minute!” he shouted back to the child frantic calls as he finished mashing the remaining pieces of potatoes in the kitchen. He was allowed a few seconds of peace and silence before a loud thud could be heard accompanied by Myungsoo’s familiar cry. Jongwoon inwardly cursed as he stopped whatever he was doing and ran towards his room, the sight of a sprawled crying Myungsoo on the floor greeting him.

“I seriously can’t take my eyes off you for even a second.” The young father muttered under his breath as he bends down to pick the child into his arms. The cries immediately turned into soft whimpers when the child felt his father’s familiar warmth and Myungsoo buried his face into Jongwoon’s chest.

Jongwoon carried his son out of the room and gently placed him down on his make-shift playground in the corner of the living room. Myungsoo immediately brightened up and giggled as Jongwoon lowered him down on his favorite Mickey Mouse mat, pudgy hands busy feeling around and grabbing unto the different toys scattered.

Jongwoon released a small smile and watched as Myungsoo’s hands found his favorite squeaky black cat and proceeded on squeezing the air out of the lifeless toy. Jongwoon’s small smile widen into a full blown one when the child’s dark orbs seeked his and gave him a grin when their gazes connected, the small growing tooth on the child’s gums showing.

After making sure the child was already distracted, he decided to return to the kitchen and finish his son’s breakfast. Just as he was starting on mashing the carrots to mix with the mashed potatoes, the doorbell rang.

“Appa!” Myungsoo shouted, also helping in alerting Jongwoon about their unexpected visitor. With a tired sigh, he once again dropped whatever he was doing and walked towards the door. Who would visit them anyway? Only the woman down the hall visits them and it is only to give Myungsoo some treats.

 His question answered itself when the familiar frowning face of his adoptive brother was what he saw after opening the door.

“Well look who it is, if it isn’t my younger brother with whom none of his beloved family members have heard of for almost a year. I’m surprised you’re still alive.” Jungsoo spoke as he raised an eyebrow at Jongwoon and stared at him from head to toe. Jongwoon stood rooted to his spot and could only stare blankly at his brother in shock, mind too frozen to process or form anything coherent.

Jungsoo only chuckled at his brother’s reaction and decided to leave him there on the door and invited himself in, already familiar with the place from his constant visits. He was too used by everything it didn’t take him a long time in discovering how everything looked different from the last time he saw the apartment. And he couldn’t help but wonder about it, having no idea by the great shock the presence of innocent little Myungsoo would give him as the both of them met gazes.

By the time Jongwoon snapped out of his shock, it was already too late. Jungsoo already saw Myungsoo.

“JONGWOON, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!?” his hyung’s shout reverberated throughout the whole place and not too soon Myungsoo’s cries followed it, obviously surprised and bothered by Jungsoo’s outburst.

Out of the list of possible people that can find out about Jongwoon’s current predicament, why – oh why? – does it have to be Jungsoo? The young father thought with a groan as he shut the door closed and walked towards the living room, already dreading the talk he knows – and feels – is coming.


A/N: a short update. We’ll find out about Leeteuk’s reaction to little adorable Myungsoo in the next chapter *^^*