Buckle up for the Ride of Your Life

Into Fatherhood We Go!

Jongwoon decided life was such a cunning and manipulative . No seriously, this time he had a legit and reasonable reason for such a thought. And that very reason was now in his room crying at the top of his tiny lungs for the bottle of milk the older was currently battling to make.

Who knew making a measly bottle of milk would be this hard?

After a few agonizing minutes passed, he decided the milk was now warm enough for the child to take and hurriedly ran to his room, carefully taking the new born baby to his arms and placed the bottle on its mouth. The baby immediately quieted when the bottle’s touched his lips and on it, his dark orbs opening and staring at Jongwoon’s own.

Really, what had become of his life? He sighed as the baby spat the bottle and moved its head to the side, a sign saying he was done with his meal and Jongwoon should take the bottle away from him now. He was about to rock the baby to sleep until he remembered the lady’s words of needing to burp the baby after every meal. He followed the lady’s instructions to the best of what he could remember and was rewarded with a small, almost inaudible burp in return. He let a small smile release on his lips before he started rocking the baby to sleep.

After making sure the child was indeed already asleep, he gently placed him back to the middle of his bed and he sat himself beside it, eyes strained to the small form sleeping soundly while his mind was flying back to what happened the last 48 hours – back to the time where Jongwoon’s life slowly tumbled down.

Jongwoon was a smart individual, was actually fondly called a Genius by his peers. And he prided himself of being the best on his school. Everyone admired him, he was well loved by all his teachers and most importantly, there was no one who could compete and win against him. But like every great person out there, he had also made a lot of enemies.

He was on his way to finishing Law school with flying colors and the sweet promise of becoming one of the top lawyers on the country when that ill fated day happened, when his enemies framed him for a crime he swore didn’t commit and was cruelly kicked out of Law school – his enemies’ victorious laughs the last thing he heard.

And like an icing on cake, on the very same day a family who had just gotten out of the hospital after the mother had given birth, got into an accident which effectively killed the father and the mother also didn’t last long enough, she didn’t succumbed to the darkness until she had made sure to entrust the new born baby to Jongwoon, who only stood rooted to his spot looking at the dying mother in shock as she offered the baby to him.

Miraculously, the baby slept through the entire horrible nightmare without even a single scratch.

After all the necessary procedures in both on the Police Station and the Hospital were finished, Jongwoon was finally allowed to go home in the wee hours of the morning with the baby still cradled on his arms.

After a whole day of sleeping, Jongwoon’s luck (or what had remained of it) ran out when the baby started crying as he was nearing the building where his apartment was in. Panicking again, he hurriedly ran towards one of his neighbors who had four children and a fifth one on the way and asked for advice on what to do.

Bless the lady’s soul as she didn’t even ask where or how Jongwoon managed to get a baby on only took the wailing child on her arms and started rocking and cooing him. After the baby had calmed down, the lady told Jongwoon the child was hungry and needs to be feed. By the pure horror etched on Jongwoon’s face and the clear missing presence of the mother, the lady only sighed at him before giving him a look of pure pity before she maneuvered to the children’s bedroom and went out with two used feeding bottles and a half-empty can of milk along with a bag of diapers.

‘Poor guy… must’ve impregnated someone and the mother wanted nothing to do with the child or him. I feel sorry for the baby.’ Was the last thing he heard as he was walking back to his apartment, hands full of the baby and the baby’s needs. He was allowed a few minutes to breathe and place the baby on his bed before it started crying again in demand for food.

He sighed once again as he remembered the lady’s words, looks like he was once again misunderstood by people, the first one was that he was a psychotic loner who never left his apartment until he gets urges to kill (He can’t help it really! He did nothing on his room but study and study and its even impossible for him to kill anyone, he wouldn’t even hurt a fly!) Who knows what title he’ll get by tomorrow?

He released a big yawn, his body finally relaxing after the past hectic days and the fatigue finally hitting his body. He first made sure there was a pillow on the baby’s left side before he settled on its right side, eyes closing and breathing slowing down. He was about to succumbed to sleep when he remembered something that made him bolt up.

A name. The baby hasn’t had a name yet and he didn’t remember the baby’s mother ever mentioning one. He groaned and buried his face on both his hands; mind busy thinking up of names that might fit the baby and after a few seconds he found one.

He looked back at the baby and he mentally reminded himself to have the baby registered under his name. He stiffened when the baby squirmed and let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding when the baby only shifted to the side.

A soft smile was playing on his lips as he reached out and played with the soft tufts of hair that promised to darken while it grows.

“Myungsoo. You will be Kim Myungsoo.”


A/N: Well, first chapter is up. God I miss SuJu...on a side note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEETEUK <3