Not a normal love story

Not a normal love story

Not a normal love story.

I can’t believe it! It’s finally summer! To me summer means going out with friends, going to Sehun, my boyfriend’s house almost every day. I would never had thought that this summer isn’t like the others…

I was walking towards my Sehun’s house. I finally arrived and used the key of the house that I got from him. I opened the door and was getting jumped on by Sehun. He was kissing my neck before I could even close the door. I putted my hands on his chest and pushed him away. I turned around and closed the door. “Next time, let me close the door first.” I said while raising an eyebrow. He took my hand and dragged me to the living room. The television was playing an old movie. Sehun sat down on the couch and pulled me on his lap. My back was leaning against his chest while his arms were wrapped around my waist. “This movie is boring.” Sehun said while resting his forehead against my shoulder. He took a deep breath while he tightened his grip on my body. “I know but what else could we do?” I asked while putting my hands on his arms. “I know something…” Sehun said with a seductive voice. I tried to hide my smile while I turned around. “Uh-uh! Not until I’m married!” I said “Err, yeah, about that…” Sehun started right before my phone started ringing. I held up my index finger, signing him to wait. “Hello?” I said when I answered  it. “Hello, is this, Sohyun, the daughter of Mrs. Kwon?” The person on the phone asked. “Yes, that’s me. Who is this?” I asked to the man on the phone. “My name is Dr. Kim, I called you to tell you that your mother has collapsed.” My eyes widened instantly. I hung up the phone without even saying goodbye to the doctor. “Who was it?” Sehun asked. “My mom...” I said while I was holding back tears. “You’re a bad liar. I could hear that it was a men’s voice, yet you’re telling me that it was your mom calling you?!” He said before he looked at me in the eyes. “What’s wrong?” He asked while changing his ton of his voice. “My mom…” I said while in the meantime some tears have dropped. “My mom collapsed and is in the hospital.” I said on the top of my longs. ”Do you want me to drive you to the hospital?” Sehun asked with a worried look on his face. “No, the only time I brought my boyfriend over, she rejected him. I don’t want that to happen to you too.” I said while wiping the tears of my face. “Okay, but if you want me to pick you up then call me okay?!” Sehun said while tapping my back. I got up from Sehun’s lap and walked towards the door. “Oh, Sohyun!” Sehun said while walking towards me. “I love you!” He quickly added before he gave me a kiss on my forehead. “Me you to! A lot!” I said before walking out of the house.

 

After walking for an half an hour I finally arrived at the hospital. “Err… Sorry but can you please tell me where Mrs. Kwon’s room is?” I asked to the lady at the desk. “Her room is at the third floor, room 405.” She said before giving me a big smile. I smiled back at her and made a bow while saying “Thank you.” . I walked towards the elevator  and pressed the button. After a while the elevator arrived. The doors opened. There was only one person in the elevator. “Why is he wearing a scarf? It’s ing summer!” I said to myself when I saw him. He walked out of the elevator and bumped into my shoulder. He didn’t even mind to apologize. “Jerk!” I said to myself before entering the elevator. I pushed the right button and the elevator went up. I was walking through the hallway, looking for my mother’s room. Within seconds I found it. “Mom!” I said when I entered the room. I walked closer to her and hugged her. I didn’t even care that I was being watched by a pair of eyes. I could feel the person next to me watching me. I pulled away from my mom and looked at the lady who was dressed in black. “Sohyun, this is Huang Shin Ae. An old friend of mine. She’ll take care of you until I’m better.” She said. I kept on looking at her, she has a nice smile. “So you are Sohyun? Your mother told me everything about you! You’re even prettier than I thought!” She said. Even though I didn’t know her, she feels very comfortable. “Thank you. May I ask, how old are you?” I asked, she looked a kind of young to take care of kids. “Same age as your mother.” She said carefully. “46!” I said a kind of loud. “No way! You look younger though!” I said since I really was stunned. “Thank you! I hope that you’ll be so nice to my son as you are to me.” She said with a really big smile. “Son?” I asked and her smile slightly disappeared. “You don’t know? You and my son Zi Tao… are engaged since birth.” She said before putting her big smile on… again. I looked at my mother in disbelieve. “What?” I asked. “I’m sorry, baby. It’s a promise that I can’t break.” My mother said. I looked down and a sudden thought went through my mind. “Sehun…” I panicked and looked up. “Excuse me.” I said and walked out of the room. I ran out of the hospital and called Sehun. “Please, answer your phone.” I thought to myself. “Hello?” Sehun’s voice said when he answered. “O-oppa!” I said between my cries. “What’s wrong?... Hello? Sohyun?!” He said with a worried voice. “Pick me up… p-please?” I asked while trying not to cry. “I’ll be there!” He said and hung up. While I was waiting for Sehun, Mrs. Huang came towards me. “Sohyun? Are you okay?” She asked while putting her hand on my shoulder. “I’m fine!” I said while I actually wasn’t. “Go home for now, we’ll pick you up tomorrow. Make sure that you have everything.” She said and turned around, ready to leave. “Why?” I quickly asked. “Starting tomorrow, you’ll live with us.” She said before walking away. A few minutes past before Sehun finally arrived. “Sohyun! What’s wrong?” Sehun asked as I entered the car with tears on my face. “Do you remember that I promised myself that I would keep my body to myself until I’m married?” I asked while I could feel his eyes burning a hole into my head. “Well, it looks like I am going to get married sooner than I thought.” I said. I looked at Sehun and was surprised. “Looks like you already knew that I wanted to do this.” He said while playing with a jewel box. “Sohyun.. We’ve been through a lot but we always stay together… I hope that we could stay like this forever! Sohyun… will you marry me?” He said. I could feel my heart breaking into a thousand pieces. “No… NO!” I said almost yelling. “Once was enough though.” Sehun said. “Sehun, please don’t get me wrong! I would love to marry you, but I can’t.” I started. “My mother made this stupid promise to a friend of her’ s. A promise that forces me into a marriage with a guy that I don’t even know. I’m so sorry, Sehun!” He looked sad as I told him why I can’t marry him, even though I want to. “It’s okay, let’s go. I don’t want to stay here any longer. Too bad that I can’t do anything against it.” He said before we drove off. A few minutes later we were already at my house. “Do I see you tomorrow?” He asked when I was about to get out of the car. “I don’t think so… Tomorrow I’m moving in with them.” I said. “Then, do you want me to give you a ride tomorrow?” He asked. “Sorry, they told me that they will come and get me.” I said. “Okay, well then I see you next time. I hope…” He said with a sad face. I could almost say that he was about to cry, but so am i.

 

I entered my room and started to look for my suitcase. It was underneath my bed. I opened my closet and took out some clothes. I putted them nicely in my suitcase and started to look for things that I needed. Sehun’s necklace, our picture, family picture, make up,.. everything! I sat down on my little brother’s bed who was crying because of mom. “It’s okay. Hey, listen to noona for a second, okay?” I asked while patting his back. He stopped crying and I continued talking. “Noona will be gone for a little while.” I said, I personally thought that it was a little bit sad. “Assa! Now I’m going to get your room! Merong!” He said before sticking his tough out and ran away. “That little!” I said to myself before running after him, towards my room. He was just sitting on my bed while he was cuddling with my bear. “Noona, if you really are going to leave, can’t I have this one?” He asked with a sad voice. “Only because you’re going to miss me!” I said. I walked closer to my bed and took my camera out of the nightstand next to my bed. “Samuel! Smile!” I said. He turned his head and I quickly took the picture. Samuel hates being in pictures and that’s why I don’t have any of him. “Yah!” Samuel yelled at me when I took the picture. “Why did you do that for?!” He asked before he took the camera away from me. “Don’t delete it!” I said when I saw him playing with the buttons. “If you really want a picture of me, then take it from my good side!” He said before he crawled onto my lap. “Now smile prettily, or at least try.” He said and took a picture. The picture he took was better than mine. “Thanks.” I said while still looking at the picture. “But noona, where are you actually going?” He asked. Good question! Where am I going? “I don’t know, but I’ll call you when I do!” I said while running my hand through his hair. “How long will you be gone?” He asked. Too long. “A little while, but in the meantime,… you can have my room.” I said with a sigh, because I don’t know how long I’ll be gone. “It’s past bedtime already. Do you want to sleep here with me? Since it’s my last night here?” I asked because I knew that I was going to miss my baby faced brother. “Okay, my first night in my new room!” He didn’t seem happy though.

 

I woke up by the feeling of my brother jumping up and down on my bed. “Get up, you lazy ! Some fancy looking guy is asking for you!” He said which made me open my eyes. I jumped out of my bed and quickly changed clothes. “Bye, baby face. I’m going to miss you!” I said to my brother when I ran out of the room with my suitcase. “Sorry for the waiting.. Mr.…” I said leading him to tell me his name. “I am Lee Min Ho, driver and personal assistant of the Huang residence. You must be Sohyun.” He said and made a perfect bow. I gave him a slight nod. “Yes, that’s me.” I said. “Can I help you with your luggage, ma’am?” Ma’am? “Please.” I said and handed over my suitcase. “Is that everything?” He asked me when he lifted it. “Err,.. yeah.” I said and followed him to a black van with tinted windows. I saw how he putted my suitcase in the back and then opened the door for me. “Thank you.” I said and stepped in the van. I was sitting in the passenger seat. We were driving for quite a while now and I started to wonder where we actually where going. “Where are we going?” I asked and looked at Mr. Lee. He smiled and said: “Incheon.” I smiled because… “Well Incheon and Seoul aren’t that far away from each other.” I said when I felt him parking the car. “You’re funny, miss.” He said politely. I opened the door and looked at the place. “Min Ho- Shii, why are we at Incheon Airport?!” I asked. “Because we are going to your new home, miss.” He said while taking my suitcase out of the car and headed towards the airport. “Please tell me that they live upstairs.” I said which made him laugh even more. “We are going to your new home… in Beijing, miss.” He said. My jaw dropped to the floor as he said that. “Please hurry, the plane only waits for its captain!” He added before I even had the chance to ask him if he was joking. “O- okay.” I said and walked inside, following Mr. Lee who seemed to know everybody around here. A little while later I was sitting on the plane next to Mr. Lee. We were the only ones sitting in the first class. Suddenly a stewardess came towards us and showed one of the seats to the person behind her. “Mrs. Huang?” I said when I recognized her smile. She looked at me and Mr. Lee. “Min Ho- Shii, thank you for your hard work.” She said and Mr. Lee made a small bow as he stood up from his seat. He sat down in the chair behind us while Mrs. Huang sat down on the seat where Mr. Lee at earlier. “I’m glad you came, Sohyun- Shii. I almost thought that you would ran off.” She said while putting her one hand on my hands. The only person who ever did that was my mother. “I was about to when I saw that we arrived at an airport.” I said while looking down. “It will be okay. Zi Tao is a very nice guy, you’ll see. Do you know EXO- M?” She asked. “Oh you should know how good I know EXO!” I said to myself. “Well, actually, I only know EXO-k!” I said. “Oh, okay. Believe me, you’ll get to know them soon once we arrive in China!” She said. A few hours later we arrived in Beijing. They have the same car here as they have in Korea. Once again Mr. Lee took care of everything while Mrs. Huang tried to explain how we are going to drive towards the house and what the area is like but when we arrived, it was all bigger than I expected it to be.

 

“We’re home!” Mrs. Huang yelled when we arrived at the huge mansion. Immediately two maids appeared.  Mrs. Huang pulled me closer and said: “Let’s go.”, before she started to drag me all around the house. “This is my room.” She said as she walked into a room with a lot of self-portraits. “And this, sweetie, is Zi Tao’s room.” She said before opening the door. Everything was dark… His bed was black with matching sheets and pillows. While his closet, who fitted perfectly into the wall, was grey, just like the door further in the back of his room. I immediately saw my suitcase standing in front of his bed since it was flashy pink. “Wait, if this is Zi Tao’s room, then why are my stuff here?” I asked which made Mrs. Huang chuckle. “You’ll be sharing a room with him, of course!” She said like that’s the most natural thing to do. “Now that I think about it… where is he?” She asked to herself while turning around and ran back downstairs. I could hear her talking to someone but I just kept looking at the dark room. It looked even darker because of its special, dark, thick curtains. I stepped inside the room since I became curious about the grey door in his room. As I putted my hand on the door handle, someone loudly said: “Who are you?” I felt my body tense up when I looked towards the door and saw a tall guy with a scarf in the room. “That’s the guy I saw at the elevator.” I thought to myself while the maid said: “That’s Sohyun, master.” She looked so tired. “Miss Sohyun, this is Huang Zi Tao.” She said while he pulled of his grey scarf, dark shaded sunglasses and his green hat. One thought went through my mind as I saw his face. “Wow!” I popped of my thoughts as he asked the maid why I was in his room. “Why can’t she stay at the guest room?” He asked which made me curious. Guest room? “Sohyun’s little brother, Samuel will be staying there starting tomorrow.” She said. “Could you please move?” He said as he walked closer to me. I moved aside and Zi Tao entered the room behind the white door. I peeked inside and saw a huge bathroom with a bathtub, shower, a huge mirror and e few stair steps. Not noticing that Zi Tao already took off his shirt, I kept on staring at the beautiful bathroom. My eyes widened and my cheeks got red when I saw a half- Zi Tao staring at me. I turned around while biting my lips. He is even better looking than I thought. “Since we are going to live together, you should get used to seeing guys without a shirt on. Especially now, since it’s summer.” He said before he closed the door. “Wait! What?!” I said a bit louder than I thought. The door to the bathroom swung open and I turned back because of the noise. “You see not only EXO-M but also EXO-K have their summer parties and concert near here. So you better get used to it, Sohyun.” He said before closing the door again.

“Is there something I can help you with?” The maid who looked so tired asked. Who wouldn’t be tired carrying someone else’s stuff around? “Can you show me the room where my brother is going to sleep in?” I asked. She nodded and I followed her  out of the room. “Here it is miss.” She said as she opened the door. The room looked the same, and yet it was different. Instead of a totally dark room with black curtains, this room was white and really bright. The room has the same furniture but mirrored from his room. “This is Inoue. She came from Japan with her brother Yuya. If you would see him, you would not believe that they are related.” Miss Huang said as she walked inside the room. “Inoue is Tao and now also your personal maid, and Yuya is our chef.” She added. I looked at the maid who was slightly smiling I think. Her face doesn’t show much expression. “Let’s go Inoue. Sohyun feel free to look around the house, if you want.” I smiled as the two of them walked out of the room. I looked around and saw a white door. Let me guess, another room with another personal bathroom?! I opened the door only to see that I’m right! It was beautiful. I walked back into the room and looked outside the window. All the houses look alike from the outside. Big, expensive and probably not something I would feel at ease at. “Are you Kwon Sohyun?” A voice that I didn’t know came from the door. I looked at the door and saw a really good looking guy. I nodded my head at his question. “I am Yuya, the chef and the brother of Inoue-chan.” He said while giving me a big smile. “Nice to meet you.” I said politely. “Mrs. Huang was wondering if I could make your favorite food for tonight. What would you like to eat?” He asked. “I don’t know. I eat everything unless it’s spicy!” I said. “I understand.” He said while smiling. “Is there something else you want?” he asked, but had nothing I could think of. “No, thank you.” I said. Yuya made a bow and hopped out of the room. As Yuya leaves the room someone else entered the room. Not like Tao, this guy has a baby face and is really cute. The cute guy was surprised to see me before he started to narrow his eyes on me. He turned his head to the side and said something. I didn’t understand it since it was in Chinese. Suddenly two more guys were beside him. One of the guys asked me something, but I didn’t understand. He thought for a second and suddenly said: “Do you speak Korean?” I was about to answer to his question when I suddenly heard Samuel’s voice. “Noona? Do you know them?” He asked. I shook my head. “No, not yet. Why?” I asked. “Noona! They’re EXO-M! That’s Lu Han, that’s Yifan and this is Yixing.” He said. The guys smiled and bowed once they heard there names. “Looks like you’ve met.” Tao said as he also walked inside the room. “Where do I know you from?” Luhan asked. “Do I know you?” Yixing asked. “I don’t know. Am I supposed to know you?” I asked. “I know it! You are the girl from Sehun’s pictures!” Yifan said. “Sohyun, right? I am Yixing, but my friends call me Lay.” Lay said. “I’m Kris, and you are my style!” Kris said as he putted his arm around me. “Kris! Hands off noona!” Samuel said. “Let me guess, you also have a nickname that has nothing to do with your name?” I asked Luhan who was still looking at me in silence. “Me? No, everyone calls me by my name.” He said. I looked at Zi Tao for a second. “Just call me Tao, everyone does. Let’s go downstairs to talk.”

One hour has passed as we talked stuff out. “Will you be okay, sharing a room with him?” Mrs. Huang asked. She explained to me that I’ll have to go to the same school as him, sleep in the same room, eat together and of course that we need to bond a little bit. “It’s already getting late, why don’t we all get some rest?” Mrs. Huang said as she watched Inoue and Yuya leave. “Okay, good night, miss Shin Ae.” Samuel said and went to his room. “Good night, kiddo.” She said as she watched him go to his room. “Guys, it’s time to go home! Sohyun, Tao, good night.” She said to me and the guys before she went to her room. The three guys walked towards the door. They stopped walking because Kris, who was walking up front, still headed something to say. “Sohyun, give up on Sehun. He will only break your heart.” He said. What is this guy talking about “Why?” I asked. “He told us that you were his cousin. When we went to a club a few months ago, he was flirting with a girl.” Lay said. “I’m really sorry, Sohyun!” Luhan said, he was the only one who felt sorry for me? I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight. Tao walked towards the stairs. Before he disappeared on the stairs he said: “Are you not coming?” I walked towards the stairs, waiting for him to lead me towards the room, even though I know where it is. A little while later I was off to dreamland.

I woke up by the sound of someone dropping something. I walked downstairs and saw Yuya in the kitchen being really clumsy. “Need some help?” I asked but he signed me to sit down. “Here you go.” He said while giving me a glass of juice. “Thank you!” I said. He smiled, but that quickly faded when Tao came downstairs. “Good morning!” Yuya said. “Yo!” Tao said before giving me a small hug. What is he… “You talk in your sleep…” He whispered before he let go. “Good morning Yuya! Good morning Tao. Did you sleep well, Sohyun?” Mrs. Huang said as she entered the room in a beautiful dress. “Mom…” Tao complained. “Tao, Sohyun, why won’t we go look for a dress and a suit?” Mrs. Huang asked. “No ceremony, please!” The gold Tao said. Mrs. Huang pouted at his answer, but to be honest, I don’t want it either. “Okay, but we are going to go shopping anyway!” She said.

I was getting dressed in Tao’s private bathroom. I forgot my t-shirt. I stood against the door. “Tao, have you seen my shirt?” I asked but there was no answer. I opened the door a little bit and saw that I was alone. I walked towards the bed where I left my shirt. I quickly putted it on and walked out of the room. I ran downstairs and saw that they were waiting for me. “let’s go!” Mrs. Huang said as she opened the door.

The next day.

“Okay! I’m not going to hide it anymore. Sohyun, I like you, a lot!” Sehun’s word played through my head. I’ll never be able to be with someone I really love again, because of this marriage. How does Tao feel about this? Isn’t he hurt as well? Guess I’ll never know. I was watching television with my brother. “Noona! Look it’s EXO!” Samuel said. He became totally obsessed with EXO since he became best friends with Mrs. Huang and Luhan, Tao’s best friend. “He asked me to give you this.” Samuel said while giving me a note. “Today. You. Me. Park.” It said. “Who gave this to you?” I asked since I know more than one “he” in China. “Your hubby.” He said before making kiss noises. Samuel and Mrs. Huang get along pretty well, both of them call me and Tao; The hubby and wife. I packed my stuff and went to the park.

Tao’s POV.

“She said what in her sleep?!” Luhan asked in disbelieve. “She called my name, smiled and made weird noises.” I said. “Don’t think about it, and tell her today!” Lay said while acting all cool about it. “I am! Here she comes, see you all later.” I said as I saw Sohyun walking towards me. “Hey, why did you wanted to see me here, Tao-shii?” She asked. “Just call me Tao and I wanted to tell you something.” I said before grabbing her hands. She looked surprised. “I know that I’ve just met you and that I don’t know a lot about you, but Sohyun, I really like you. The first time I saw you, I couldn’t believe that I was going to get married to someone as pretty and nice as you.” I said before pulling her in for a hug. It didn’t take long before she released herself from the hug. “I’m sorry.” She said before she walked away. “Wait!” I said. “Give me your phone.” I added. “Excuse me?” She said, not believing what I just said. “I said give me your phone.” I said and she obeyed. I took the phone my mother gave me. “this phone has all the numbers you need: mine, your mother’s, my mother’s, Samuel’s, all the numbers off EXO, house phone number and Mr. Lee’s.” I said and I could tell that she was not amused. “Let’s go home, it’s going to rain.” She said. As we were walking home, there was a stupid silence. “You didn’t mean it, right?” She asked softly, not looking at me. “What?” I asked since I didn’t want to know what she was talking about, even though I did. “You didn’t mean it when you told me that you like me, right?!” She said when it started to rain. “I did mean it! Sohyun, I really do like you!” I said but I started to doubt the fact that she was talking to me. “You lied to me when you said you loved me and you would wait for me, right?” She said before she started to cry and almost dropped to her knees. Before she could fall down, I held her by pulling her in my arms. “Why… did he lie to me?” She said. She was really upset, so much that she was shaking. “Let’s go home and take a rest, okay? Let’s go.” I said.

Once we entered the house it was filled with sad faces. My mom was patting Samuel’s head, who was laying down on the couch with his head on my mom’s lap. I brought Sohyun to our room. I told her to take a rest. When I got back I asked; “What’s wrong?”. “Mommy… she..” Samuel said while sobbing, I could tell that he cried a lot. “She didn’t make it, their mother, she has passed away” My mom said. The last time she sounded so sad was when dad headed to go to America for business. “NO!” Sohyun yelled from the stairs, before she started crying too. “Please, no…” She said before she let herself drop to the floor. I ran over to her, but before I could reach her, she already ran back to our room.

“Are you okay?” I asked when I entered my room where Sohyun was sitting on the bed. She was crying like she never did before. Not making any sounds, just tears falling from her face. “What do think? My mother is dead!” She said angrily. “You know that that’s not what I meant. Earlier today you were crying because someone lied to you. Who did, Sohyun? What happened?” I asked, I didn’t know that the answer would be so painful… “The thing Kris said, is right. Sehun was my boyfriend, looks like I wasn’t the only one, though.” She said. She inhaled deeply before continuing. “If he loved me, then why didn’t he stop me from going? I loved him, but he didn’t love me. He loved girls. I am so stupid!” She said. Even though tears were falling from her face, she was still able to stay calm and tell me everything. “Maybe you forced yourself to love him.” I said. I walked over to her. “Forget him already!” I said out of pure anger. Sehun, I’m going to kick your ! I pulled her in my arms, even though I know how much she hates it. She pulled out of the hug and looked at me with pleading eyes. “Never leave me.” She said as the tears started to come back in her eyes. “I never will.” I said before she suddenly kissed me. She quickly pulled back and was shocked of what she just did. “Oh my god! What am I doing?!” She said while covering in shock. “Something totally normal.” I said while putting her hands down and kissed her lips softly. She didn’t push me away, instead she kissed me back. I broke the kiss for a moment before asking her; “Does this mean… that you like me too?” I asked a bit shyly. She pulled me closer and whispered; “No, I liked Sehun, but I love you!” Before she started kissing me again.

Sohyun’s POV

I woke up in Tao’s embrace. I was happy but tired. I always thought that Sehun was the love of my life and that he was my future. Compared to Tao, Sehun is nothing to me anymore. “I love you.” He said before even opening his eyes. “Soooo much!!” He added while he tightened his grip on me. “I love you too, hubby!” I said playfully. He smiled at my words and finally opened his eyes. That was the moment I knew that I never wanted anything else. Me and Tao got dressed and walked downstairs. I saw that Mrs. Huang looked really pale. "What’s wrong?" I asked as i sat down next to her. "Your room is across mine, right? Between now and then i heard some weird noises, but your brother's room is next to yours. He told me that he almost couldn't sleep because of the two off you. So for your brother's sake, keep it down a little, okay?" She said which made me widen my eyes. She walked out of the living room and into the kitchen. I shifted my eyes from her to Tao. "We've got caught!" I whispered at him. He bit his lip to keep himself from laughing, while in bit my lip in embarrassment. I ran up to Samuel's room. "Hey, kiddo." I said as i entered his room. "Noona, what was that last night?! Don't you know that hearing such things is not good for a young kid?!" He said. "What are you talking about?! Me and Tao had a tickle fight!" I said before giving him an obvious wink. Samuel smirked evilly. "Noona, i'm not five anymore." He said before he passed me by and poking my waist. "Sohyun, i need to tell you something!" Tao yelled from downstairs, so i walked towards him.

Two weeks later

I didn't feel really well lately. I woke up early and rushed towards the bathroom. Just like yesterday i threw up. After a while i went downstairs. I saw that Inoue and Yuya were fighting over something stupid again. Samuel and Mrs. Huang were talking about EXO and their so called powers. "Good morning." I said as i walked towards the couch. "Are you going to watch EXO again?" Mrs. Huang asked since EXO-M is in Korea for almost a week now. In other words: I haven't seen Tao for a week! "Yeah want to watch it together?" I asked almost forgetting that they asked me something. The three of us were watching television. "Yes, just on time!" Samuel said happily before he sang along with the intro song. After a while it was Tao's turn. "I can do martial arts!" He said before showing, and failing it. It was a funny thing to see. "To Tao music is everything. There is nothing more important. He once told me: Music comes into your life and when it never leaves, it becomes your life." Luhan said. I looked at Tao and saw the sincere-ness his eyes. "His music does means a lot to him." Mrs. Huang said without her eyes leaving the screen. I saw that everyone meant it. I suddenly started to feel sick again. I rushed to the toilet and started to throw up again. "Noona, are you okay?" Samuel asked as he tapped me on my back. "Yeah. I'm going to go see a doctor today. See you later baby face." I said and prepared myself to go outside.

On the way towards the hospital i thought of possibilities what it could be. Food poisoning, constipation? I hope it's nothing too serious! As i arrived at the hospital, i got nervous. "What if i'm pregnant?" I thought as i saw a pregnant lady sit down next to me. I'll never forgive myself if i go for abortion but on the other hand, how am i supposed to do this? Tao's career, EXO's image and the baby' future would be ruined if people would know that EXO's Tao is married and is a father, that just can't happen! If i would be pregnant, i'll leave China and go live on my own, away from Tao, my family and EXO.

Later that day.

"Noona! Tao is coming back! But what did the doctor say? Are you sick? Is it serious?" Samuel said as i walked inside the room. "It's just some food poisoning. When is Tao... Oh, hello Mr. Lee, haven't seen you for a while." I said as i patted Samuel's head. "Hello Sohyun. Are you feeling a little bit better yet?" Mr. Lee said while looking up from his newspaper. "Yes, i'm fine. Can talk to you for a second?" I said and Mr. Lee stood up and guided me to his office.

"What's wrong, miss?" He asked as he sat down in front of me. "At what time is the first next flight to Korea?" I asked. He looked at his computer before he started typing. "The day after tomorrow, at 2:30 PM. But miss, why do you want to know about... You're not thinking about leaving, right?" He asked. "Actually i am. And i need your help at it too. Samuel said that Tao is coming back, when?" I asked. "The day after tomorrow, around the same time, i have to go pick him up. His plane arrives at 1 PM." He said. "I need your help." I said before giving him my test results from the hospital. "He can't know. No one can! Please, Mr. Lee." I begged as i saw his eyes being as big as ping pong balls. He putted the piece of paper down before looking at me. "Miss! Is it... his?" Mr. Lee asked. "Yes. It couldn't be anyone else's. He was my first and only, so it has to be his." I said a bit embarrassed. "Okay, i understand. You want to leave because you don't want to harm EXO, right? In that case i'll help you."

It was already getting late so i decided to pack a few of my stuff today and i would pack the rest tomorrow. I went back downstairs. "Sohyun! about Tao, can i tell you now?" Samuel asked while we sat down on the couch next to Mrs. Huang. "He is coming  home the day after tomorrow. He also wrote me letter and asked me to give you this." Mrs. Huang said as she gave me a ring. "He bought this in Korea because he wasn't able to give you one  during a ceremony since the two of you were so against it." I looked at the ring, a golden ring with three diamonds in the middle. I looked at the inside of the ring, and saw my name, his name and our marriage date. I putted the ring around my finger. "What's wrong?" Mrs. Huang asked when a tear rolled down my face. "Nothing, i just... can't believe that he bought me a ring." Is it okay to leave like this? "I'm sorry, give me a minute." I said before walking towards the kitchen to get some water. It scared the out of me when i saw Yuya popping out of the nowhere. "OH MY! Yuya, You scared me!" I said before smiling. "I'm sorry miss, but i want  to talk to you about something." He said before closing the door of the kitchen. "Today you got home and said you got food poisoning. You can fool everyone in the house but not me and Inoue. You're pregnant, right?!" He said. "Well, i'm going to miss you! I know that you are going to run away, not wanting to face Tao." That little... he's right... "How..." Before i could even finish my sentence Yuya said.. "It's the same way our mom dropped me and Inoue on the street, before Shin Ae found us." He said. He tightened his jaw while i could see tears in his eyes. "I'm not going to drop my baby on the street, i just don't want to ruin Tao's career." I said.

Six months later in China.

Huang Shin Ae's POV.

"Please Min Ho! I paid for your ing studies, hospital fees and lend your family money when they needed it the most! The least you could do is telling me where Sohyun is!" I said, feeling like i would explode out of anger. It has been a half of a year since i saw her. Tao has been counting days and even started to think that worst thing ever could have happened. He is getting love sick. "I MISS HER! Samuel, Tao, Inoue, Yuya and i know that also you miss her too! So please tell me where she is." I pleaded once again, but he just kept quiet. "I can't say a lot but i can say that i promised her not tell you where she is. Mrs. Huang, you know very well that i always keep my promises!" Min Ho said. I watched how the front door opened and saw that it was Tao. "Hey sweetie, how was the recording today?" I asked, trying not to sound sad. "Horrible! Nothing about Sohyun yet?" He asked. "Not yet sweetie." I said. Tao looked down and walked to his room with tearful eyes. "It has been like this ever since you let her leave. Isn't he your boss but also your friend? Is that the way you treat friends?" I asked in pure madness. Min Ho looked back at me with sad, hurt eyes. "Her old house back in Korea, you find her there." He said. I couldn't believe it. Just a little more and i'll be able to bring the happiness back to the house! I couldn't feel happier. "Thank you so much, Min Ho! Prepare two airplane tickets to Korea, right away!" I said and he surprisingly obeyed. I think i'm not the only one who wants to see her.

The next day me and Min Ho arrived in Incheon. "Oh, i can't wait to see her! Step on the gas please!" I said while looking over at Min Ho who was driving. "Thank you Min Ho, really! You did the right thing by telling me where she is at!" I said as i noticed the look on his face. "Okay, we're here." I looked outside and i saw a big dirty looking apartment complex.

Sohyun’s POV.

I was watching television, running man was on. Look Xiao Tao, daddy’s on television! I watched for two minutes until heard the doorbell rang. I opened the door with a big smile. Food’s here! I thought. My smile faded when I saw Mrs. Huang who was looking at me like I survived an airplane crash or something. Her eyes wondered of to my stomach. “From that one time?” Her sweet voice that I’ve missed for six months said. I nodded my head and reached out to hug her. “Can I come in?” She asked. “Please.” I said feeling like I was the one begging her to come in. “I’m just so happy to see you! Why did you suddenly leave?” Mrs. Huang  asked as we sat down. “How did you find me?” I asked. “Lee Min Ho. So, why did you leave?” She asked again. “I didn’t want to be a burden to Tao. What if people find out?” it would be the end of his career and you said so yourself that music is everything to him.” I said and I felt tears building up in my eyes.  “I’m so glad that we aren’t the problem. Sohyun, please come home or at least tell Tao. He think it’s his fault that you left us.” She said. I felt a sudden pain in my chest, and I knew it was guilt and the longing to see him again. I am worried about him. Talking about worrying… “How is Samuel?” I asked out of the blue. “He tries to keep strong, for me and Tao. He gets bullied a lot because he doesn’t speak Chinese really well. And he cries a lot because he misses you. Most of the time he’s in Tao’s room searching for a bear that looks like a dog or a bunny.” She said with a confused look on her face. “Oh! Here, it’s the bear I promised him if I ever would go away for a long time.” I said as I gave bear to Mrs. Huang. “Please give it to him, and this to Tao.” I said as I gave her my journal. It has a message for Tao in the back. “I will.” Mrs. Huang said before she gave me a hug. “I have to go now, but please, if there is something, anything… call me, write me a letter or come to visit us anytime.” She said before she left.

Tao’s POV.

“Good morning Tao.” Yuya said as I walked downstairs. Good?! what’s good about it? “Hey Yuya, do you know where my mother is, I didn’t see her yesterday.” I asked. “Sorry, sir. I don’t know where…” He started until he pointed at the door. “Over there, sir.” He said. I turned around and saw her entering with Mr. Lee. “Mom where have you been?” I asked. I couldn’t read the expression on her face, until I saw the weird looking bear she was holding with a firm grip. Suddenly Samuel’s happy voice loudly said; “It’s So-Bunny!” I looked at him as he ran closer and took the weird looking bear. “What are you talking about?” I asked in complete shock. He showed me the bear up close before he started talking. “This is Sohyun’s bunny-bear. So I call it So, from Sohyun and ad bunny, you’ll get So-bunny!” Samuel said before opening the back. “She always hides something important.. inside!” He said as he tried to open the bear. “Tada!” He said as he pulled out a picture. Without asking I took it from his hands, it was a picture from Sohyun and me, the one my mother made on the day we got married. I looked angry while, as always, Sohyun was smiling. “Sohyun…” I said feeling tears building up again. I was about to walk away when my mother stopped me. “Maybe this is the answer to your questions.” She said as she gave me something that looked to be her dairy. “She wanted me to give it to you.. I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you that.. I saw her, Tao.” She said as I took the book from her hands. On that moment, a note fell out of the dairy. I picked it up and saw my name on it. To Tao. I opened the letter and started reading.

A few hours ago I was reading the letter, and now I’m looking for flights to Korea. Why did she run away for something like that?! It’s not like I would ever blame her for “being the reason the fans hate me”! Why does she think that? She dated Sehun but this can’t be? Nonsense! There has to be another reason why she left me. The next flight is over two weeks. I don’t know if I’ll be able to find her but I promised myself not to come back without her!

Two weeks later.

I was walking back and forward at the airport. “When does air plane take of?” I asked to Mr. Lee was going with me since I don’t know the address. “Our plane has 15 minutes delay.” He said “Okay, but could we go and take our seats already?” I asked. I am so nervous. “Of course.” Mr. Lee said. I followed him and before we knew the airplane finally left the ground. Sohyun, wait for me. Today I’ll be in your arms again and you in mine. And this time I won’t let go!

A few hours later we landed in Incheon. “Okay let’s go! Let’s not waste any time!” I said to Mr. Lee. He smiled at me and started driving to the right address. After driving for another hour we finally arrived at an apartment complex. “Stay here. I’m going in alone.” I said to Mr. Lee and  ran as fast as I could towards the building. As I entered the place there was an officer. “Could you tell me in what apartment Kwon Sohyun lives?” I asked. He looked at his screen and started scrolling. “Who wants to know?” He asked while he kept on scrolling. “Her husband.” I said. “There is no Kwon Sohyun, but there is a Huang Sohyun.” He said. “She must have changed her name after we got married. Please, tell me in which apartment does she live?” I asked. “Fifth floor, room F5R50.” He said. (Fifth floor, room 50.) “Thank you!” I said before I ran to the elevator. “DEFECT!” It said on both elevators. God, are you playing games on me now?! I ran to the stairs. I was about to start running, before I heard a familiar voice. “Hello Mr. Choi, how are you today?” I turned around and I saw Sohyun talking to the officer. Couldn’t he tell me that she wasn’t home?! I looked even closer and saw that the person she was with was Sehun.. He started walking towards the stairs but stopped in his tracks as he saw me here. Sohyun stopped talking to the officer and followed Sehun. It was until then that I didn’t notice that she’s pregnant. She also stopped walking when she saw me. “Ta- Tao?!” She said in disbelieve. “Sohyun, i..” I started but I was just so confused seeing Sehun here and that she’s.. pregnant. “What are you doing here?” Sehun asked coldly. “I should be the one asking you! Did you forget that she’s my wife?! Sohyun, i-“ Before I could even finish my sentence Sohyun stopped me. “Stop it! Why are you so angry at him while he has been taking care of me and Xiao Tao!“ She said. My heart stopped beating at the baby’s name. Sohyun started to look around as she realized what she just said. “It’s mine?” I asked not believing anything that’s happening here. “I never touched your girl, man! I know how much you care about her, so why would I do that?!” Sehun said before running over to me. “Nice to see you by the way!” He said sarcastically before he passed me by. I walked closer to her while she started talking. “Tao, I’m so sor-” Sohyun started but before she could say another thing I kissed her softly. “I know, and so am i. I’ve read the letter. Just come back home, okay?!” I said. She wrapped her arms around my waist while I hugged her by her shoulders. “We all miss you at home! So-” Before I could finish my sentence she was already nodding. “I want to go home, let’s leave together, today!” She said. I kissed her forehead and followed her to her apartment. “I still have to pick some things.” She said.

“Miss Sohyun, nice to see you again! We still have one hour, where do you want to go to?” Mr. Lee asked as we entered the car. “Hello Mr. Lee. Could you take us to the graveyard please?” She said. During the ride I’ve been holding her hand the whole entire time. We arrived and I followed Sohyun. We stopped at the grave of her mother.

“Hi mom.” She said to the grave. “I have some news to tell you…” She added. She took my hand and continued. “I kept my promise and got married to Tao, not only that, mom. I’m pregnant, mom!” She said and looked back at me. “Hello auntie, do you remember me, it’s Tao. You asked to take good care of your daughter, and I am doing my best, auntie. I love you and your beautiful daughter…” I said with tears in my eyes. Sohyun pulled me in for a hug. She let go of me and looked back at her mother’s picture and said; “I love you, mom!” She looked back at me while I said; “Let’s go home.”. She nodded her head. We walked away from the grave yard and entered the car. I noticed that Sohyun had a hard time, so I took her hand. I looked her in the eyes. “It’s okay to cry. When auntie told me that she was going to die, she didn’t cry. When she told me to take good care of you, she did.” I said. She looked me in the eyes as well and smiled. “Thank you.” She said with a shaky voice. “I love you so much!” I said without even realizing what I just said.

A little while later we were at a café at the airport. “Are you happy that we’re going home together?” She asked. All I could do was smile. “Of course, I’ve been a bag of tears the last few months. The only thing I did was crying.” I said before kissing her. “But now, I have you! I don’t have to cry anymore.” I added.  “We have to go. Our plane takes off over fifteen minutes.” I added. “Okay let’s go.” She said. Me and Sohyun followed Mr. Lee to our seats and before we knew the plane took off.

A few hours later we arrived back in Beijing. Me and Sohyun got a little plan to surprise everyone. “I’m home.” I said as I opened the door acting all sad. “Did you see her?” My mother asked. I nodded my head slowly. “She didn’t want to come back.” I said. Everyone looked sad. “But i did!” Sohyun said as she popped up next to me. “Tada!” Mr. Lee said. “Sohyun!” Samuel yelled as he ran over to her before hugging her. “Sohyun..” My mother said. “Welcome home!” Inoue and Yuya said in together. Samuel smirked evilly before saying; “Tickle fight, my !”

The End.