Chapter 2

Because of You (당신 때문에)

Author’s POV

            Next morning, Hye Eun was already up and was ready to go to school. She walked her way to school. She was about to went out the door, her phone rang.

“Yoboseyo?” Hye Eun asked.

“Annyeong, Hye-ah!” Someone greeted.

“Ah… Sae Yeon-ah! Annyeong” Hye Eun greeted her back.

“Where are you? Are you at school yet?” Sae Yeon asked.

“No, I’m on my way there.”

“Okay, text me when you get here. I’m need you to help me with something.”

“Oh, okay. I’ll text you.” Hye Eun said.

“See you.” Sae Yeon said.

“Bye.”

            Hye Eun putted her phone in her pocket and went out. She was walking passing a few stores, just a few blocks away from her school when suddenly someone crashed in to her. Both of them fell down and hit the ground. The person looked up and was in shocked.

“Hye Eun-sshi?” The person asked.

            Hye Eun looked up. It was him again. When she was about to answer, she heard a lot of screaming coming they’re way. The guy pulled her and ran to an alley. They hid beside an old house.

“Where is he?” One of the girls screamed.

“Oppa! Eoddiseo?!” Another girl screamed.

“Maybe he went that way!”

            After they heard the screaming was far away, they walked out of the alley. The awkward atmosphere is still there.

“I’m sorry for that, Hye Eun-sshi.” The person said.

“It’s okay, it must be hard dealing with it. I understand.” Hye Eun replied.

“So, you knew who I am now?” The person asked with a grin on his face.

“Ha… Yeah. Sorry for not recognizing you.”

“Hahaha… It’s okay. When I was a trainee, people don’t recognize me either.”

“Haha… Well, I should get going now. And I’m sorry for crashing in to you.”

“No, it’s my fault. Your going to school, right?”

“Yeah, Seoul International University.”

“Okay, see you around and study hard.” He cheered.

            Hye Eun smiled at him and walked away.

“She’s so beautiful.” The person thought and sighed. He walked in to his car without being notice by his fans and drove towards his schedules.

Back in Seoul International University, Hye Eun had already arrived. She already met Sae Yeon. It turns out, that she needs help with one of her homework that her professor gave to her. Hye Eun was already sitting in her class, reading her book. Though, her eyes are on the book, her mind is somewhere else. “He’s seems very attractive. And so kind.” She thought. When she realized, she immediately shook her head. “No, it will only hurt you.” She thought. Just then, her professor came in and start the lesson. She immediately focus on her lessons. Though, she had a hard time.

 

~ Skip Time to After School ~

 

            Hye Eun was out of the school gates. She was about to walk to her apartment when a black Mercedes Benz stopped in front of her. She stood there in confusion. The window went down just half way. And there he was again.

“Hye Eun-sshi, get in. Hurry.” And he closed the window again.

            Hye Eun is completely confused. Why would he ask her to get in to the car? But, she obeyed him. She got in and the guy drove it out of the campus grounds. It was silent for a few minutes, until the person broke it.

“I’m sorry, Hye Eun-sshi. To drag you like this.”

“No, it’s okay. There must be a reason though.”

“Yeah, there is.” He said but, he didn’t continue.

“And it’s?”

“I know that we just met, twice, but, I wanted to get to know you. As a friend. If that’s okay with you.” He said.

            Hye Eun seemed like she was thinking about it. “Why would someone who is famous like him wants to be friends with me?” She thought. “Weird. But, he seems like a nice guy.”

“Sure, I would like to be friends with you.” She said with a smile on her face.

            The person who was slightly nervous before, now has a gleaming smile on his face. He smiled happily and sighed in relief.

“Where are we going?” She asks.

“I am going to introduce you to my dongsaengs.” He said.

“How many dongsaengs do you have? It seems like you have a lot of members.”

“11.”

“Wow.” Was the only word she said.

            After 10 minutes, they finally arrived at their destination. SM Building. After the person parked his car in the parking lot, they went inside the building. They went in to the elevator. He pressed the 7th floor and they went up. They walked in to the hall and they stood in front of one of the doors.

“They’re here.” He said.

“Hah…” She said sighing.

“What?”

“Nothing. It’s just I’m just nervous.”

“Hah… Don’t worry. They’re polite and kind people.” He said with a smile.

            Hye Eun smiled at him and took a really deep breath. He grabbed the door knob and turn it open. They peeked inside and saw a lot of handsome young men dancing in the room. They watched the men dance silently. When they finished their choreography, they –Hye Eun and the person- clapped their hands and cheered. The group turned their heads to the source of sound.

“Hyung!” They cheered and bowed at him.

            He gave them a smile and also bowed. He looked at the whole group who gave him a confusing yet excited look.

“Hm… Eum…” He cleared his throat.

“Guys, I would like you to meet Song Hye Eun. She is a my new friend. Hye Eun-sshi I would like to introduce you to…” He gave a signal to them that means to introduce themselves.

“Oh… Hana, dul, set,” The leaders said.

“We are EXO!” All of the members said energeticly.

            Hye Eun gave them a warming smile.

“Annyeong Haseyo, cheoneun Song Hye Eun imnida. Bangapseumnida. (안녕하세요, 저는 송혜은  입니다. 반갑습니다.)” Hye Eun greeted them back politely.

            All of the members smiled.