Chapter 1

Because of You (당신 때문에)

            In Seoul International University, Song Hye Eun is now in the middle of her morning class, which is, one of her favorite subjects, literature class. She has been taking notes since the lesson began and has been listening well to the teacher. Typical Hye Eun. After about, another good 20 minutes, class was finally dismissed. She put her things in her bag and went outside to find her best friend, Park Sae Yeon.

“Annyeong, Sae Yeon-ah.” Hye Eun greeted.

“Annyeong, Hye-ah.” Sae Yeon greeted back.

“How was class?” Asked Hye Eun.

“Boring. Kim songsaengnim gave us a 45 minute lecture about how we are supposed to be more discipline about doing our homework if we want a good grade at the end of the semester.” Sae Yeon pouted.

“Hahaha… It’s a good thing I never had a class with him.” Said Hye Eun.

“Ah… Your so lucky, Hye! I was bored to death in class. Anyway, even if you had a class with him, he probably wouldn’t lecture you.”

“Well, maybe he might.”

“No way! Like he will even give you any lecture. Like any of the teachers will give you a lecture!” Said Sae Yeon.

            They continued ‘arguing’ about the topic while walking to the canteen. After waiting in line, ordering, getting their food, looked for a table and sit on the table, they started to eat their food and just have a friendly conversation.

 

~ Skip Time to After School ~

 

Song Hye Eun's POV

            After my last class, I quickly gathered my things and walked out of the school. I stopped by at the supermarket to get food supplies. I entered the supermarket and got a trolley. I got some yoghurt, milk, mangos, strawberries, bananas and spaghetti noodles. I was wandering an aisle to get some spaghetti sauce to make for dinner tonight. I searched carefully for my favorite sauce. I finally spotted it and it was the last one. I reached for it, when another person also grabbed it. I looked at the person and the person also did the same. It was a young man. We both let go at the same time. I kind of blushed and he was rubbing behind his neck. He grabbed the can and gave it to me.

“You can have it, I’ll look for another one.” He said.

“Um… Thank you.” I replied.

“Your welcome.” He said with a smile.

            We both stood there in silence. It was really awkward. He looked like he wanted to ask me something but, he seems to be so shy. We stood there for a few more seconds when he finally spoke up.

“Um… You don’t recognize me?” He asked.

“I’m sure this is the first time we met.” I said with a confused look.

“Kkkkk… You never watched TV?” He asked again with a grin on his face.

“Never had time to. I’m always studying.” I replied calmly.

“Ah… Is that so? Well, nice to meet you.”

“It was nice to meet you too.” I said.

            We went to the opposite direction. I pushed my trolley and when I reached the end of the alley, I heard someone called out to me.

“Hey! I never caught your name!”

“It’s Song Hye Eun.” I replied to him.

“See you around, Hye Eun-sshi.” He said.

            I smiled at him and went to the cashier. It was a good thing that there are not a lot of customers waiting. After I paid, I walked out of the supermarket and went in to my apartment building. It was just a 5 minute walk from the supermarket. I went inside the building and in to the elevator. My apartment is on the 6th floor. When I reached the 6th floor, the door opened and I stepped out of the elevator and to the front of my apartment door. I reached for my keys, unlocked it and went inside.

            I switched my shoes to my slippers and put my grocery in to the fridge. I got my clothes and went for a shower. Then, I got changed in to a simple short and T-Shirt. I opened my laptop to start working on a school assignment. I went online and went to my email account. I saw an email from one of my friends and she asked me about what I thought this article. I thought it was for schoolwork so I opened the attached file and it led me to an online site. I looked at the main title and it read:

 

Super Junior M to make a comeback with their new album, ‘Swing’.

 

            I guess I should have known. Taylor – the one who sent the email – is obsessed with Korean idols. She loves them so much. I personally don’t pay that much attention to Korean idols. It’s not that I hate them or anything, it’s just that I liked them but, I am not as obsessed as Taylor. And I don’t keep track at every single thing, so I don’t know much about it either. I read the article and I was about to send a reply to Taylor, when I saw a picture of the members. I saw someone who looked so familiar. I zoomed the picture and looked carefully at his face when I finally realized who he was. He was the guy at the supermarket! The one who gave me the sauce. I looked at the picture and saw his name. I looked him up on Google. Usually, I am not like this. I am just curious about this guy. I looked in to his biography and he has won all the awards he was nominated, he also does musical and he also sang a lot of soundtracks. I feel so embarrassed now. No wonder he asked me if I recognize him. Ha…. Oh, well. I closed his biography and start doing my assignment.

            The assignment took me about 4 hours to finish. I was exhausted and hungry. So, I made some spaghetti. After, a while of making the spaghetti, it was finished. I ate the spaghetti in a matter of seconds. Then, I brushed my teeth and went to bed.