9

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

Saehee’s fingers circled around the cup, Himchan drank his tea.

“Do you come here often?” She asked.

“Sometimes, this place..is very relaxing.” Himchan said, Saehee nodde.d

“You’re not taking me seriously, huh?” Himchan countered, Saehee smiled and brought her cup to her lips.

“I think…you are a player.” Saehee said flalty, Himchan saw his secretary smile.

“Really? Aren’t you too quick to judge?”

“Trust me, I know one when I meet one.” Saehee mused.

“I grew up with two guys, so, I know.” Saehee added before putting the cup down.

“I think you’re one of those workaholic types.” Himchan grimaced at her.

“Nothing bad at that.” Saehee nodded.

“And you probably broke a guy’s heart before because you worked too much.”

Saehee paused, her thoughts went to Myungsoo. Himchan smiled, he knew he hit a spot.

“That happened,..once.” Saehee replied, she smiled again.

“We’re even now.” Himchan nodded, then a lady clad in a mini dress marched up to them.

She hissed something in Japanese and she slapped Himchan. Saehee blinked and leaned back on her seat.

Himchan winced as the lady left.

“I take that…as one of your exes?” Saehee said, his secretary stood up and left the place. Himchan looked at her dryly.

“Come, we should get some ice for that.”

 

Namjoo and Jaekyung followed Mark as he stepped out of the restaurant.

“Uhm, vice president,” Namjoo said. Mark faced him.

“Can I go ahead? I was called back in the office, it seemed urgent.”

“Okay, you may go.” Mark dismissed him, Namjoo gave him a bow before leaving.

“But sunbae~”

Jaekyung paused as Mark turned to her.

“I need someone to tell me the directions on the way back to the office.” Mark said, Jaekyung nodded.

“Yes, I understand.”

Mark started to walk back to his car, then he looked up, he realized that they were walking on the sidewalk.

“You shouldn’t be walking there, Jaekyung.” Mark went around her, he gestured for her to walk closer to the buildings.

Jaekyung felt her cheeks flush.

“Sir..you speak Mandarin well.” She started.

“I can only speak, I can’t read.” Mark replied.

“Then are you still trying to learn how to read?” She glanced at him, she was surprised when he smiled slightly.

“Well, someone’s been pestering me to that.”

Jaekyung felt herself smile too.

 

Saehee chuckled as she tossed the ice bag to Himchan, they were inside a 7Eleven store. She sat beside him, Himchan eyed her warily before pressing it to his cheek.

“What did she say?” Saehee asked.

“She said I was an .”

Saehee chuckled.

“Thanks, Saehee.” He said darkly.

“I was right, how long did you date her?”

Himchan paused.

“Oh my god, you don’t know.” She laughed again, Himchan looked at her as she laughed openly.

So she has this other side. He felt himself smile.

It didn’t take long for him to realize that Jung Saehee was a beautiful and smart woman.

 

Jaekyung got in the car and strapped her seatbelt on.

“Are you going back to the office, sir?” She asked, Mark nodded.

She almost smiled, back to being an ice prince again.

Then Mark’s phone started to ring. He began to speak in English.

“Jackson?”

“You can ask…Yes…I haven’t called her yet, why don’t you try to contact one of their department heads…yes, say hi to Lauren for me. Okay.”

Jaekyung just watched as they passed by the different buildings.

“You turn left here, sir. Then two rights.” She said. Mark nodded then moments later they arrived at the office. She was confused why Mark stopped in front of the entrance and not at the basement.

“S~”

Mark slid down from the car and opened the door for her.

“I have somewhere to go to. See you tomorrow.” Mark said as Jaekyung stepped down from the car.

She nodded and gave him a quick bow. Mark got in the car.

She watched as the Audi sped away, she felt herself smile again.

 

Maybe he’s not so cold once you get to know him.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++