42

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

Yunho eyed his cousin warily as they ate lunch with Saerin.

“I’m sorry, oppa, but really nothing happened, we just ate.”

Saerin smiled at Saehee and patted her hand.

“I asked you to give me that project because this might happen.” Yunho chided.

“Well, everyone knows we’re working on it now, I’m just waiting for Himchan to call and laugh about it.”

“Saehee…you just..be careful.” Yunho sighed.

 

Mark closed his laptop and swiveled his chair away from the desk. He closed his eyes before picking up his car keys and leaving his office.

“Hyung, where are you going?” He was met by Jackson before walking towards the elevator.

Out,” Mark replied as he walked in the machine, Jackson frowned.

 

Namjoon entered Saehee’s office.

“Oh, you’re early.” Saehee blinked from her desk.

About..that..

That article? Don’t worry, I already had the PR team fix it, did it go bad for you?

Namjoon shook his head.

I shouldn’t have asked you to eat, …but…how did Mark react?

“We..talked about it,” Saehee hesitated for a bit, Namjoon sat down and nodded.

But, Saehee-yah, yesterday, I wanted to…

Saehee looked up from her desk.

What?” She yawned slightly before picking up one of the folders on her desk.

What happened to the two~

The doors suddenly opened, causing to Saehee jump slightly. Mark strode in the room.

Tuan.” Saehee blanched before standing.

Why are you here?” Mark looked at Namjoon.

Saehee’s brows rose as she walked to him.

We’re going to have a meeting in a few.” Saehee explained, Namjoon stood up, his jaws taut.

But why is here?” Mark’s tone was demanding and cold.

I just wanted to talk to Saehee about the agenda today, Mark.” Namjoon said.

And you couldn’t talk about that at your meeting?

Saehee grew alarmed, she gently pressed her palms on his chest and pushed him back.

What are you saying? Are you~

Mark eyed her warily, he shook his head.

People are already talking about you two, what’s the use of a meeting when you sstill come here and talk to her?” He shot back before storming out of the office.

 

 

The meeting ended quickly, the other employees noticed Saehee’s discomfort.

I’m sorry, Sae.” Namjoon said as they stepped out of the hall.

I don’t know what got to him, but…I’ll get going first.” Saehee patted his shoulder before leaving.

She stepped out of the elevator, and paused as she noticed Lina walked towards her.

Hi, I…wanted to see you, you weren’t around last night.

She smiled as Lina walked with her.

I know what you want to ask, Leens.

Lina smiled at her.

Mark was here earlier, he came by in my office while I was chatting with Namjoon.

Lina paused but she nodded, she heard her friend sigh and ran her fingers through her hair.

How…

Leens, we even fought because of the article, I don’t know….Then now, he went to the office, he was..angry.

Why do you think he was?” Lina asked.

I cant understand, Namjoon and I are long over, I was hoping that he wouldn’t even mind about this thing.” Saehee looked down.

Lina smiled and patted her shoulder.

Mark’s a guy, Sae. It’s only a natural thing for him to act like that.

Saehee just shook her head.

Anyway, would you like to grab some coffee with me?

Can we pick up Lauren from school first?

Saehee grinned and nodded.

 

The GTR’s brakes screamed in protest as Mark put the car to a sudden halt. He was at a track in Jamsil.

He closed his eyes and leaned his head against the seat.

He knew he shouldn’t be acting this way, it wasn’t him.

Maybe this was a form of punishment for falling in love with his best friend. His Jung Saehee only got along with guys well.

But Namjoon, he didn’t like him. He never did like him even from before. He was too…

His phone started to vibrate, he checked the screen.

MARK TUAN, GET YOUR SORRY BACK HERE. IF NOT I’M GOING TO THROW YOUR DRUNK JUNG SAEHEE AT NAMJOON’S PLACE. –Leens

He blinked, Saehee never drank. He put the car on reverse before speeding out of the track.

 

Himchan blinked as he read the article, he was shocked. Who would have thought that his dear cousin was Saehee’s ex?

His brows met as he saw other recent photos of them. Namjoon was talking as they walked and ate.

He shook his head.

He knew his cousin, he wasn’t like this.

Namjoon wasn’t the type to smile in public too.

 

“This is..different.” He said before calling for his secretary.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++