5

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

Heads turned as Mark entered the company lobby with his father, he understood enough Taiwanese to understand what his father was saying to his secretary.

Son, this is Yoo Namjoo, he’s going to be helping you around the office, he can speak English, Korean and Taiwanese as well.

Mark nodded and shook the male’s hand.

Nice to meet you, vice president.

Mark mentally winced, he wasn’t really comfortable with office formality, back at TEH he always made it to a point that his employees felt comfortable with each other.

“Then, I will leave you to him, I’m flying back to LA this afternoon.” His father said.

“Yes, then have a safe trip.” Mark gave his father a polite bow before the old man left.

Then, sir, shall I bring you up to your office?

 

“Who is this company?” Saehee asked as she read the files again.

“Kimsan Group, ma’am.”

“And, the meeting is in twenty minutes, their group has just arrived at the conference room.”

Saehee nodded.

“Then I’ll be up in a few, please go ahead. Ask the secretarial office to arrange lunch for their president. I would love to talk to…”

“It’s a him, ma’am.”

“Good, thank you.”

Saehee stood up, she was wearing her purple YSL heels and a Dior pantsuit that fit her frame well. She took her phone from the table and left.

 

Mark arrived at the top floor, as he passed some of the managers bowed at him. He nodded back, his expression remained flat as they walked in his office.

This is your office, sir. And,

A female walked in the room.

“She’s going to be assigned to you in the office, this is Lee Jaekyung.”

Mark turned to face her.

 

“What do you think?” The man with dark hair and dark eyes asked from his seat.

“About what?” His secretary asked beside him.

“The Jung president, who is it?”

“The elder male, right? Mister Jung~”

“I was expecting a female, a younger female.” He grinned.

“He has a daughter, but she’s always in Korea.” The male nodded at his boss.

“But, please, sir, behave.” His secretary almost sighed.

“But, what if someone really hot comes in?”

“Sir, please.”

 

 

Jaekyung paused as her new boss faced her, she never thought that the president’s son would be young. He was too young for the position, but she saw his profile, Mark Tuan was a good businessman. Then she finally faced him.

She felt her heart do a little lurch.

“She can speak Korean too, sir.”

“..Nice to meet you, vice president.” Jaekyung said, Mark nodded and shook her hand briefly. She felt a tiny spark on her palm as Mark let go.

“Then can you send me an email on the files I need to review?” Mark asked as he walked over to his seat, he took off his coat, Namjoo sent her a look. Jaekyung walked over to him and took the jacket and hung it for him.

“Yes, sir.” Jaekyung felt her cheeks flush before rushing out of the office.

 

Saehee walked in the room, some of the managers looked up in surprise, they didn’t expect her to be so young. She looked around before greeting them.

“Good morning, I’m Jung Saehee, I will be working with you alongside with my team for the project, nice to meet you.” She smiled.

“That’s her?” The man whispered to his secretary, the latter winced.

“Daebak.” He murmured to himself before standing.

Saehee looked at him.

“Nice to meet you too, I’m Kimsan’s president,”

He lifted Saehee’s offered hand to his lips.

 

“Kim Himchan.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++