47

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

A/n: I highly recommend listening to Demi Lovato's Made in the USA while reading this chap :>

 

It was around two in the afternoon when Mark entered Saehee’s room, he chuckled as he found her lying on the bed, reading a young adult novel and a box of chocolate beside her.

“So, this is your idea of a walk?” Mark mused as he stood before her, Saehee nodded and pulled the sheets to make space for him. Mark smiled and sat beside her, he let his head rest against the headboard.

Meg Cabot?” Mark asked as he peeked at the pages. Saehee smiled sheepishly.

I was bored, I forgot how much books I had in this room.” Saehee gestured towards the two big shelves across the bed.

You were always a bit of a nerd, Sae.” Mark nodded before leaning against her shoulder.

Did you sleep?” She asked before putting her book down.

I did..for a while, mom kept on asking about you…and me.” Mark murmured, she grinned at him.

When were you going to tell me, Tuan?

Tuan, for a fleeting moment, paused.

W—What?

Saehee pushed a chocolate piece to his lips, before smiling.

Mark slowly chewed.

About Leens and Mandoo.” Saehee chuckled, Mark felt relief wash over him.

Oh…I just found out two days ago…I heard them talking. But..how did you..?

I..just noticed it.” She yawned before plopping down again. Mark nodded then he slid down beside her.

You do know that my parents are downstairs right, and you’re on my bed?

You sound like we’re still in high school, and no, you did not snuck a boy in. I went in, through the front door, actually.” Mark mused.

So my parents just let you go up?” Saehee asked while grinning.

Yeah, I’ve been doing that now for more than ten years.” Mark said, proudly.

“Heol.”

 

Saehee winced slightly, as she sat up, she blinked as she found the space next to her empty. She smiled before walking towards the bathroom to shower.

She listened to some old songs as she bathed. She forgot how many memories she had with Mark and Jackson at her house and the whole neighborhood.

She laughed as she remembered how Mrs. Wang chased Jackson around the neighborhood when they found out Lina was pregnant.

She shook her head.

“Finally those two.” She mused to herself before shampooing her hair.

 

Mark was in his study, talking on the phone.

“Yes, then tell them to move the meeting next week….Ani, Jackson can do that. Just send me the files.” Mark said, his eyes looking at the blue box on his desk.

He smiled to himself before turning to the windows.

“Yes..Yes, just then email me~” He halted when he heard the doors open, he discreetly covered the box with some papers and waved Saehee to enter.

“Okay then,” Mark said before putting his phone down.

“Work? And you call me a busy bee?” Saehee mused before strolling in. Mark gave her a cheeky smile, then Mrs. Tuan appeared by the doorway.

I made you something to eat.” She said as she walked in with a plate of sandwiches.

Whoa, auntie, I missed your cooking.” Saehee smiled as she walked to the table and picked up one of the sandwiches.

I miss having you in the house, you and Jackson used to empty the fridge in record time.” She chuckled and patted her hand.

My pretty Saehee.” She smiled before leaving the room, but not before sending her son a look.

Ya, are you still up for that walk?” Mark asked.

Saehee looked up from the food and nodded, Mark chuckled and kissed forehead.

 

 

Saehee smiled as they passed by kids playing around the neighborhood. Mark chuckled as a group of young boys strode by in their bikes and skateboards.

“I remember that one time we fought,” Mark said.

When?

You wanted to try skateboarding, but I told you no. I refused to teach you.

Saehee blinked, not remembering. Mark just took her hand as they walked.

And refused to speak with me for a week.

She started to chuckle, they were near the beach now.

But I really wanted to do it, but in the end, you taught me how to.” Saehee nodded.

Yes, because you were always a spoiled brat.” Mark deadpanned.

Saehee chuckled before letting go of his hand and running to the beach. Mark smiled as he followed her.

“Later..if we were to settle down, would you like it here? Or..in Seoul?”

Saehee looked at him briefly, her brows meeting.

I never actually thought about that..but, I think, I’d choose to stay in Seoul.” She shrugged before taking off her sneakers and walking to the water. Mark bit his lip before pulling her back.

What? What?” Saehee asked impatiently, Mark kissed her nose.

You really don’t listen well.” He murmured before taking out the box from his pocket. Saehee blinked at him.

I basically just proposed to you seconds ago then you just shrug and run to the water?

Saehee paused, her eyes widening, Mark opened the box and placed it on her hands.

Will you marry me, Sae?

She looked at the ring then at him, she smiled and nodded.

But that doesn’t mean I’m going to quit my job for you…it’s too cliché.” She teased before Mark wrapped his arms around her.

I saw that coming.” He whispered before pulling back. Saehee laughed slightly before Mark pressed his lips against hers.

 

Thank you for coming to me, Jung Saehee.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

END!!!

6/28/14- 7/25/14

 

Everyone, thank you for reading, subsrcibing and commenting. I've never read comments with so much hatred hahaha(Jaekyung)

I hope to see you again in my other ffs!

 

tumblr_n8tldfWHSh1toro8yo3_250.gif

 

thank you! 

follow me on twitter: @bluestone1317