27

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

Jaekyung had gone down early for breakfast, she couldn’t sleep well in the huge house. She felt stuffy.

She heard someone by the garden, she found Saehee swimming, clad in a black two piece bikini.

She paused before walking back to the living room.

Did you sleep well?” She heard Mark’s voice as he went down with Lauren.

“Yes, I did. But, daddy, when I woke up eomma wasn’t around.” She said, Jaekyung sat up. Were the two still not in speaking terms?

“She must have gone out for a morning run.” Mark replied, he saw Jaekyung and gave her a quick nod.

“I’m hungry.” Jackson brush past the two before heading to the kitchen.

“Oh, Sae’s swimming.” She heard Jackson say.

 

Namjoo and Jaekyung were chatting in the living room, Mark was chatting with Jackson while waiting for breakfast, Lauren on the other hand was observing Jaekyung quietly.

Oh, you  guys are up.” Saehee had walked in the house, barefoot. Namjoo paused and quickly looked away.

“Saehee, seriously, sheesh.” Jackson whined as he went in search for a towel. Lauren chuckled before concentrating on her iPad again. Jaekyung’s brows furrowed again.

“What?” Saehee blinked, Mark was smiling as he walked to her.

“We have guests, and you’re walking around with so little clothes.

Saehee turned sideways; Namjoo was looking away, while Jaekyung was looking at them.

Mark just shook off his shirt and put it on her.

“I’ll get you another shirt, daddy!” Lauren volunteered merrily as she saw Jaekyung’s disappointed face.

 

“I always had the feeling those two cant be mad at each other for long.” Jackson commented as they watched Mark and Saehee in the kitchen, chatting in English. Namjoo nodded.

Jaekyung continued to eat quietly.

“No fair, you said you would eat it.” Mark had whined. Namjoo smiled, he never had heard his boss whine.

“Tuan, they’re just olives.” Saehee had stepped out of the house.

Mark followed her.

Jackson smiled then he glanced at Jaekyung, he saw how the other girl had her fists curled around her utensils.

 

“Remember when you threw me in the pool and Moli was there?” Saehee asked, she was driving to the office with Mark beside her.

Where is this talk going?

She chuckled.

“Nowhere really, do you still have the conference today?”

“I do, this afternoon.” Mark replied.

So, are you going to tell what went wrong yesterday?” Mark asked, Saehee paled slightly but she didn’t reply. Mark smiled and leaned on his seat.

I did not kiss you so that you could deflect my question today.

I was just…I’m on my period.” She fibbed.

Go ahead, lie to me.” Mark mused.

I am.” She grumbled, her thoughts went to Jaekyung again.

I need to speak to Himchan today, would~

Yes, I am coming with you.

 

“So,” Saehee rubbed her palms together, Jackson looked amused.

“Mark, this is Himchan, Himchan this is Mark.”

Himchan shook Mark’s hand.

“Nice to meet you.” Himchan greeted, but Mark just gave him a nod. Saehee sighed, she looked at Jackson for help.

“Actually, hyung, when I arrived here, Himchan hyung…was in a tight situation,” Jackson started; his cousin just leaned back on his seat.

“He needed Sae’s help, but it was nothing heavy, just playing an ex-girlfriend he was still in love with.”

“Well, that’s about it.” Himchan nodded while leaning against his palms, Saehee looked at Mark, she was about to reach for his hand when the doors opened.

“Sir, it’s time for the conference. We have to leave a little earlier.” Jaekyung said, Mark looked up.

Saehee’s brows met briefly, she started to drum her fingers on the table. Jackson and Himchan grinned.

“I thought the conference starts at three?” Saehee commented, she checked on the time.

“It’s just half past one.”

“Yes, but the place is kind of far plus the traffic,” Jaekyung halted when Saehee stood up, she walked towards the floor length windows with her arms crossed. Jackson panicked. While Mark was prone to be a hot-tempered, Saehee was not the type to keep her anger.

“Traffic.” Saehee said softly, Mark was studying her back, he knew something was wrong.

“Yes,” Jaekyung had said, she was about to lean on to whisper to her boss’s ear when Saehee turned.

“We really need to go now, sir.” Jaekyung urged, Saehee smiled to herself.

“Tuan, you can leave this place later.”

“Well~”

“But the conference, it starts at~”

“Jung Corporation’s Japan branch houses three helicopters in within in the building, four Cessna planes at the airport hangar and two private yachts at a private resort. I can send your boss to that conference place you speak of anytime of the day.” Saehee’s tone was cool and formal.

 And yet she had Jackson and Himchan panicking.

Jaekyung blinked, her fingers curled around the folder she was holding, she had to stop herself from snapping back at Saehee.

Sae, what’s wrong?” Mark stood up, he slowly walked to her.

Saehee looked away, Mark was about to take her hands into his when she pulled back.

“I’ll have someone call the pilot for the chopper.” She swallowed before stepping out of the office.

Then they all noticed Lauren standing by the doorway.

 

 

“Lee Jaekyung ahjumma, you just got owned.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++