14

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

Saehee chatted with the two as they ate, Mark would occasionally nod or answer when Saehee would turn to him.

When they finished eating, as they stood up Mark had silently pulled down her shorts that had hiked up slightly.

Jaekyung was surprised with their intimacy, it wasn’t obvious with them, they weren’t that touchy with each other, but you could feel it.

“Do you have any plans for tonight, sir? We can show you to some places.” Namjoo offered.

Saehee turned to Mark expectantly.

“You don’t drink, how about street food?” He asked.

“Sounds nice.” Saehee said before walking towards one of the shops. Jaekyung watched as Mark smiled at the other girl’s direction.

I’m killing myself by being with them.

“Sir, actually by Monday the meeting with~”

“Just send it to me via email.” Mark nodded as they walked again, with Saehee ahead of them, looking around.

Tuan, Tuan, you have to see this,” Saehee came jogging back to him while smiling. Jaekyung watched as Mark let her pull him away.

 

By Monday morning, everyone in the office was already talking about the vice president’s girlfriend. Most were curious about whom she is and how she had managed to snag the chairman’s ice prince son.

Jaekyung stepped out of the elevator and was immediately ushered to the secretarial office by her seniors.

“I heard you and Namjoo dined together with her!”

“Right, people said she was too pretty. Like she looked like she went under the knife.”

Jaekyung shook her head, she was in no mood to discuss about Saehee yet. She found herself stupid for actually believing that Mark Tuan was interested in her.

“She’s very kind.” Jaekyung said, then she felt her senior rubbed her back.

“I know you feel down, but they’re not married yet. You can still snatch him away.” She suggested while grinning.

“Jie, how can you say that?” Jaekyung mumbled, but the older lady just laughed.

“Come on, they were best friends before they started dating, not all best friends can date. Most of them don’t last.”

 

Mark got out from his room, in search for Saehee, it was just seven in the morning. He heard some noise coming from the kitchen.

“Sae?” He murmured groggily, Saehee was clad in a pair of running shorts and a sports bra. Mark blinked.

“You went out running like that? Alone?”

“You live in a closed private subdivision.” Saehee rolled her eyes at him.

“And why don’t you put a shirt on while you’re nagging me?” She mused, Mark smiled a lazy smile.

“I actually was in the mood to make you pancakes~” Saehee halted when Mark lifted her up to the counter, her palms landed on his bare shoulders.

Should I just ditch work today?” Mark mused as he stood between her legs.

No, your employees would look at me badly if their boss starts to ditch because I arrived.

Mark chuckled and just pressed his lips against her collarbone.

Come to think of it….I used to ditch work a lot, even before.” He mused, his fingers touched her thighs briefly.

Korea’s different, Tuan.

Mark stuck his tongue out at her.

“Okay, you can put me down now.” Saehee mused, Mark just squeezed her waist before lifting her down.

“Put a shirt on, Tuan. It’s time to eat.” She swatted his hands away, Mark just smirked at her before leaving.

 

Mark arrived at the company, Saehee had persuaded him to go ahead as she had some calls to make. He was also starting to doubt the Himchan person, the way he kept on calling Saehee irked Mark, but he chose to remain mum about it.

He gave Jaekyung a nod before going in his office, Jaekyung stood up from her desk.

“Oh, he came alone.” Her senior walked to her, she was carrying a bunch of files and documents.

“Yes, jie.”

“Then you should take your chance, Jae. They’re still just dating, not married.”

 

Mark dropped the folder on the table with a soft thud, it made the two managers in his office jump. He turned his back to them.

“Are you expecting me to have Namjoo reschedule the meeting again?” He asked in Mandarin, his tone had gone cold from his usual flat voice.

It made the managers shiver inside.

“We’re sorry, sir. We did not see this coming.”

 

The elevator doors opened, Saehee stepped out clad in a blue pencil dress that fit her frame perfectly and she paired it with a pair of Loboutin heels. She glanced around as she walked.

Jaekyung heard noise coming from the front, she was at the resting room having a cup of coffee.

“She’s here!”

“It is true! She’s beautiful!”

Jaekyung stepped out, and halted. Saehee was standing there, looking around. Jaekyung had searched online about her, words like dragon lady and young tycoon had always been used to describe Saehee. Seeing her now in proper clothes, Jaekyung realized all of those articles about her were true. Saehee was holding onto an expensive looking purse, trying to search for her phone as she walked straight for Mark’s office.

Jaekyung almost jumped in realization before she followed her.

“Miss Jung, Saehee-ssi!” She called out, Saehee turned and smiled at her.

“Vice president’s in a~”

“It’s fine. I’ll go inside.”

“But, no, he~”

Saehee opened the door, Jaekyung felt her fists curl.

“We’re sorry, sir. We did not see this coming.”

“You did not see this coming? What if we lose the deal? Will you still say that?” Mark had snapped, Jaekyung halted on the doorway, then Mark finally turned to them. She saw Mark visibly relaxed as he looked at Saehee.

“Sir, I’m sorry. I told her that you had orders not~”

Mark waved her off, Jaekyung closed .

Tuan.” Saehee said softly, the two managers turned to her.

“You may leave.” Mark said irritably, the two males left the room. Jaekyung saw Saehee grin at him, Mark sighed before walking to her and wrapping his arms around her waist.

“That was close, seriously, you and your temper.” Saehee teased, Mark grumbled before squeezing her to him again, his eyes met with Jaekyung’s.

 

Jaekyung realized that she was still in the room, watching them. She hurriedly left with her fists still curled.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++