Chapter Three

Dare You to Move

Chapter Three

Play this

 

Seungri feels out of place in the dress shop but he tries his best to hide his discomfort when Chaerin turns around to ask him what the thinks of the dresses she is holding. It’s been a week since he overheard Chaerin’s and Dara’s conversation and Seungri was trying his best to forget it but that proved impossible to do so he decided to just live with it.

When Chaerin disappears into one of the dressing rooms Seungri sits down on a couch where all the guys that were dragged against their will are sitting. Seungri thinks it’s pathetic how he would rather be annoyed that Chaerin took him dress shopping than following her around like a lost puppy. He once said to Minji when she asked him to go shopping that it’s not something he likes to do. But now it seams like he would do anything as long as Chaerin asks him.

After an hour of trying on dresses Chaerin bought the perfect one. But she refuses to show him witch one saying that she wants everybody to be surprised on the wedding day. Seungri thinks it’s kind of silly considering she isn’t the bride but he keeps his mouth shut.

˝Where do you want to go now?˝ Chaerin asks him once they exit the dress shop.

˝What?˝ Seungri mentally curses at himself when his voice cracks but Chaerin doesn’t comment on it.

She chuckles ˝Since you had to go shopping with me let’s do something you want now.˝

˝Uh,˝ Seungri thinks not knowing what to say ˝We could go to the coffee shop Daesung works at.˝

Chaerin only nods and they start walking. It takes them fifteen minutes to get to the coffee shop. Most of the walk is spent with Seungri making lame jokes in order to avoid dealing with his feelings for the girl that’s walking next to him.

There aren’t much people in the coffee shop and Seungri is glad because he knows that Daesung will probably join them when he spots them. They take a seat next to the window and wait. The silence between them doesn’t feel uncomfortable to Seungri but he still isn’t relaxed completely. Seungri thinks it’s probably because everything from dress shopping to sitting across each other in a coffee shop reminds him of how he imagined that dates with Chaerin would look like.

˝Hello,˝ Daesung greats them ˝What can I get you?˝

Seungri doesn’t miss the way Daesung looks at him questioningly as he takes their order. It looks like Chaerin doesn’t notice their exchange of looks as she flips thru the menu trying to decide what to get. Once they tell their orders Daesung leaves saying that he will join them because his brake s about to start. Seungri knows that Daesung’s brake should start in an hour or so but there is no point in commenting on it.

˝What are you doing here?˝ Daesung asks as he brings their orders and takes a seat.

Surprisingly Chaerin is the one who answers. She tells him about the dress shopping and Daesung once again sends Seungri a questioning look. Seungri looks away from his best friend not wanting to face anymore questions about his current situation.

The rest of their time in the coffee shop is spent talking about school and their upcoming graduation. It surprises Seungri how easy the conversation floats between Chaerin and Daesung considering this is the second time they are meeting each other. It makes Seungri happy that even for a moment he can sit back, relax and imagine that this is the way things are. That he is dating Chaerin and that they want to grab a drink at the coffee shop one of their mutual friend works at.

But that fantasy is shattered as soon as Daesung opens his mouth. ˝Are you guys free next weekend?˝ Daesung asks not noticing the way Seungri tenses up ˝Because we could do this again and call Minji to join us.˝

˝We can’t.˝ Chaerin answers first again ˝Our parents are preparing diner with our families and their closes friends so they can get to know each other.˝

˝Oh,˝ if it was any other situation Seungri would probably laugh at his friends expression but he only nods to confirm Chaerin’s words. Daesung awkwardly shifts his wait from one foot to the other ˝Then we can do it some other time.˝

˝Sure.˝ Chaerin agrees before taking another sip of her drink.

 

The week passes a little to fast for Seungri and before he knows it he is already sitting in a restaurant with a bunch of older people he barely knows. Chaerin s sitting next to him but her attention is on one of her father’s friend who is talking to her.

During the week Chaerin started spending more time with his friends sometimes even Sandara joined them at lunch. Seungri has mixed feelings about that. On one hand he couldn’t be happier that Chaerin likes his friends but there is a bitter feeling as he watches her laugh with them. The bitter feeling of knowing that this is as good as it will get. Knowing that he can’t be anything more then a friend to her is something that’s eating him inside from the moment he first found out about his mothers wedding.

˝Are you all right?˝ one of his mother’s friends asks.

˝I’m fine.˝ he looks down at his plate not bothering to say anything else.

When the desert comes Seungri is to full so he just stabs the cake with his fork while his thoughts drift off once again. He tunes out the talking about how well their parents match. Seungri is glad that his mother is a little tipsy at the moment because she would probably nag him to talk to people if she wasn’t.

˝Hey,˝ Chaerin nudges him before whispering ˝Do you want to go out for a moment.˝

˝Why?˝ Seungri whispers back.

˝It’s getting to cheese in here for me.˝ Chaerin points at her father’s best friend who is currently holding a speech about how perfect their parents were for each other.

˝Sure.˝ Seungri grins.

They walk around the restaurant’s parking lot in silence. Seungri notices that their hands are touching but he doesn’t even attempt to grab her hand. What’s the point in doing that? It’s not like it will change anything about his current situation.

˝There are so many people in there,˝ he starts talking ˝I didn’t even know my mom had so much friends.˝

Chaerin nods in response. Seungri wants to ask her if anything is wrong because she seamed a little weird the whole night but he continues walking having a feeling that it has something to do to the conversation between Chaerin and Sandara he heard two weeks ago.

˝It’s kind of funny when I think about it now.˝ Chaerin is the first one to speak and Seungri is glad that for once he doesn’t have to come up with something to talk about.

˝What’s funny?˝

˝How I hoped that it was all just a dream just to get even more disappointed when I realized how cruel reality is,˝ Chaerin is looking at the sky as she speaks ˝It’s even funnier how despite knowing that nothing good could come from it I went ahead and did it anyway.˝

Seungri stares at her profile not saying anything because the more Chaerin talks the more Seungri feels like she is just letting out all of her thoughts without expecting a real answer. Even if Seungri wanted to tell her something he doesn’t know what to say at this moment.

˝It’s only starting to feel real now.˝ the sadness in Chaerin’s tone is obvious as she speaks but once again Seungri only says a one word answer.

˝What?˝

˝Our parents’ wedding.˝

That is definitely not the answer Seungri expected. He thought that Chaerin will rant about the guy who she likes but this is something that leaves him with a lack of response. He continues staring at Chaerin hoping that she will say anything else but instead he hears her sniff. His eyes widen as he realizes that she is crying.

˝I hate it,˝ Chaerin continues talking as she whips her eyes with her sleeve ˝I hate it so much but I still can’t say anything about it.˝

˝Why do you hate it?˝ Seungri finally asks when Chaerin doesn’t say anything else for a minute.

˝Why?˝ Chaerin turns her head and looks Seungri in the eyes. His hand itches to wipe away the tears that are falling from her eyes but he doesn’t move an inch and just looks back at her.

˝I hat it because…˝ Chaerin starts talking but she never finishes. She doesn’t finish because she leans in and kisses Seungri.

To say that Seungri is shocked is an understatement but he doesn’t pull away. This is all he ever wanted but before he can even fully grasp the fact that Lee Chaerin is kissing him and that it isn’t just another dream she breaks the kiss. Her eyes are filled with even more tears than before.

˝I’m sorry,˝ Chaerin says ˝I’m so sorry.˝

Seungri opens his mouth but before he starts talking Chaerin is already running away from him. Seungri never imagined that finding out that the guy she talked about two weeks ago is him will hurt this much.


A/N: I should have updated faster but a friend who leaves in another town came over after almost six months and we had so much catching up to do. But updates should be faster now. I hope you liked the chapter and please comment what you think about it.