Prologue

Dare You to Move

Prologue

When the diner is over Seungri gets up to take his plate to the sink. When it's just him and his mother he doesn't clean up after himself but his mother told him to be on his best behavior because they are in her soon to be husband house. Usually he would complain but right now he is glad that he doesn't have to be in the same room as Chaerin.

Seungri turns on the water to wash his plate. His mind once again wonders of to Chaerin. If he thought that looking at her from afar in school is bad he never had a clue how painful it is to live in the same house as her.

˝What are you doing?˝ before Seungri can react Chaerin is next to him turning of the water that is close to spilling out from the sink and ruining the kitchen floor.

˝I’m sorry.˝ Seungri almost runs to the other end of the kitchen while he tries to find a rag to clean up the mess he made.

Chaerin watches him panic with a small amused smile on her face. ˝It’s alright. I can clean it up.˝ she says.

˝No, no,˝ Seungri waves around the napkins he found ˝I got it.˝

And just like in any situation where he tries to act cool Seungri ends up looking like a total idiot. He slips on the water that somehow ennead up on the floor and falls with a loud bang. If the back of Seungri’s head didn’t fell like it cracked open he might be celebrating the fact that Chaerin’s face is few centimeters away from his.

Seungri sees Chaerin’s lips moving but he can’t make out what she is saying. He guesses she is asking if he is alright so he says ˝I’m fine.˝

He shakes his head and it seams to work because he hears Chaerin say ˝Thank god you are all right.˝

˝It doesn’t even hurt that much.˝ Seungri decides that the best thing he can do in this situation is to try to at least save some of his pride.

˝Are you sure?˝ Chaerin still isn’t moving away and Seungri thinks that he could fall more often if it causes her to look at him with this worried look on her face ˝It sounded pretty bad.˝

˝Well at least the plates are fine.˝ Seungri jokes just like he always does when he is in a tough situation. His mother said that his dad was the same but Seungri never bothers to listen when she speaks about him.

His father left him and his mother when Seungri was two years old. Seungri knows that it sounds re horrible but he is glad it happened before he was old enough to realize why his mother spent days crying and crying. He fells even worse when people ask him if he misses his father because after answering that he doesn’t people give him the look that clearly says that they think he is just lying to cover up his pain. But how can you miss somebody you never knew?

˝We should clean this up.˝ the smile Chaerin gives him has the same effect on him as knocking his head on the blue kitchen tiles.

So instead of saying anything Seungri gets up and says another joke witch causes Chaerin to laugh. The cleaning goes slowly but Seungri doesn’t complain because every second spent with Chaerin feels like it’s a blessing. When all of the dishes are back on their place and the kitchen is clean they finally say something else than jokes or lame puns about kitchen utensils.

˝We make a good team, bro.˝ Chaerin says. The bro part is meant to be just another joke but it hits Seungri harder than hitting his head on the ground ever could.

They will be siblings. He will have to act like a brother to her and a brother shouldn’t think that his sister is the most beautiful female in the whole world. Felling like his whole world just crashed Seungri says that he is going to bed because he is tired.

˝Will you walk to school with me tomorrow?˝ Chaerin asks before he can run away from her and hide from his feelings.

˝Sure thing, sis.˝ Seungri doesn’t turn around knowing that the happy tone wouldn’t trick Chaerin if she saw his face.

Seungri knows that hiding is what a coward does but he really doesn’t know anything else that he can do at this moment. Even if hiding behind jokes is a cowardly move at least it makes Chaerin laugh and Seungri thinks that he will be fine as long as he can see Chaerin laugh.


A/N: Here is a short prologue so you can get the feeling of the story. I hope you like it. Please comment what you think about it so far. See you in the next chapter and here is some ririn for you.