03 : Shame

The Last Song

" I see you have been hanging around with that freshmen  ." luhan asked Chen while the latter still busy studying his music paper sheet. They were sitting under a tree in the school compound, something they do to relax their mind with the green scenery. Chen eyebrow arch, he didn't like the tone that Luhan using. 

 

" Yes i am ." Chen continously to flip trough the pages of the thick music sheet still waiting for his answer. Luhan groaned and begin to tell his reason. It seems like the news didn't get to him. So as a friend he need to tell him for his own safety 

 

" Don't ask me why, just stop hanging around her ." He stop looking trough the pages instantly and watch Luhan.

 

" And why is that? " Luhan nervously fidgeting with his fingers as Chen look intensely at him. 

 

" Well … " Luhan scratch his neck and continued " The rumors going around about her, well it's for your own safety. "

 

" What about her. "

 

" One of the basket ball team member complained about her,for being such a creep.Stalking him everyday and received a letter."

 

" How do they know it's her. "

 

" Well, easy. The team stayed behind late just to catch the culprit and it happened to be her. "

 

" Who the he'll spread this rumor?!!! ." Chen suddenly yell cause Luhan to flinch and cover his ears. He can see fire in his eyes, furiously looking at him.

 

" Calm down dude.It's for everyone safety, we should been glad that they warned us about her. "

 

" Who the hell  are them?! Saint?! That's ain't a saint to me for spreading a fake rumor."

 

" Hold on. dude, what's your problem?"

 

" Its my problem. Since she's my friend, I do not like how  people judge her. They don't know her so do you. So stop assuming things if you don't know her. " 

 

Chen knows everything that had been happening in her life. He know  who that person is, the one that she been crushing. He looks really nice to him at first but after  knowing his true self l, Chen has to confront him about this situation.

 

•••

 

"Hi!  " she waved at her classmate but no one waved back.They just ignore her the moment she appeared. To add her confusion,  everywhere she goes whispering always there, eyes always sets on her.

 

" It's that her? "

 

" isn't she look so innocent "

 

" Wow ! "

 

" Oppa must be really scared. " and so on.

 

She felt uneasy the way they stared at her, isn't it hatred? pitty?. She doesn't know what to say anymore as she made her way through the mass of people in the cafeteria and to her luck she just bump into someone. Someone that she prayed to never met again, and there he is standing with a smirk on his face mocking her. She try to move away and walk the opposite but his friends blocking all the way to escape.

 

" My my isn't it Hye Jung the campus stalker." Hye Jung brace herself to face him as she turn around to him. There he is, Kim Jongin, Chanyeol friends stand with the biggest smirk. It's giving Hye Jung unpleasent feeling.

 

" What, mute now. Can't talk?, touge tied? i'm sure you had more words for your undying love." Kai snicker and held the same envelope she give out this morning. " Wh-where- " Hye Jung was stuttering to utter words, she has been thinking where he could possibly get that letter, Chanyeol couldn't possibly do that, right?. She try not to look at people who's attention on her now. Some sympathy while the other giving dirty looks towards Hye Jung. 

 

" Look everyone, this girl had the guts to stalk my dear friend Park Chanyeol. Don't even think she's innocent, look at what she done." Kai raised the envelope and shows the people. Some trying to get a look at Whats written in it . " Wait. " Kai said then nod to his left before his friends start to gather around each other . Hyejung couldn't tell where the bags come from but it suddenly there and they bring more bag into the cafeteria.  Before she could utter a word they spread the content inside the bag to everyone.The paper fly and scattered along the floor.

 

The letter land on her feet, she pick it up. It's the letter she sent to him before and its a compilation of her letter to him.They copied the same letter and spread it to everyone. People even try to have it so hard. She clenched the paper as the people around her start to making fun of her, while pointing accusingly at her, some just read the letter out loud and throwing harsh word to her. She never felt so humiliated in her intire life.  She can feel herself at the verge of  crying being humiliate infront of everyone. Her eyes began to moist from trying to refrain herself. Kai notice this and stifle his laugh.

 

" Ooh look at her, poor thing she's crying." kai mocked her. Before he could utter another insult come a punch to his face. The latter stumble a bit  holding his bruised lips.

 

" You bastard how dare you! " Chen go forward to launched another punch at him, Hye Jung hold him  before he has a chance to do so .

 

" You Chen freaking Jondae ! you're so gonna get it." Kai furiously spat. He don't even has the chance as a large hand holding his shoulder stoping him from fighting. 

 

" what are you trying to do Jongin?." The person mutter with a raised eyebrow, confusion written all over his face. He pick up the paper and hold it infront of him. You are trying so hard no to cry out while holding an angry Chen.

 

" Doing you  justice. " Kai said.

 

" Thats not justice you ! that's humiliating innocent person."

 

" Huh? innocent?  don't you get it your girlfriend is a stalker! that's worst than throwing yourself at him."

 

" shut up! I never asked you to do this." Suddenly Chanueol shout making the attention on him." She's doesn't even deserve to be treated like this. " he mutter.

 

" B-but -"

 

" Kai i don't approved your intention on humiliating her. Maybe she's at fault but no one should be treated like this." Chanyeol turn to Hye Jung and Chen before bowing at them. Face contorted in anger and sympathy. 

 

" I'm sorry on my friend behalf and myself for creating such a mess. I promise he won't bother you anymore."

 

" Don't bother apologizing, you already done enough damage ." Chen look at you who's trembling and shaking. Trying to hold back tears.

 

" I'm taking her out of here. You Park Chanyeol ." He point his finger at him and dab it on Chanyeol chest. " Don't even think i'm done with you, better watch your back boy." He drag Hye Jung with him who couldn't even move, too much happened to her in one day.

 

 Before they leave Chen turn to all eyes who's watching them intently. Chen return their gaze with a   glare. Eyes burning with fire, everyone stop what they were doing.

 

" If i heard one of you talk about this tomorrow, don't even think about going to school the next day cause imma ing puch you motherer mouth. " With that he left with Hye Jung trailing behind. Everyone is too stunned to say anything, they slowly talk again and didn't bother to open up the topic again.

 

Chanyeol turn to Kai with defeated sigh. " Dude why are you letting her go? she deserve to know where she stood. After scaring you like that."

 

" But it's not right Kai. That is not how it supposed to be done "

 

" A person like her deserve another slap of reality. "

 

" Kai! i have a bad day don't even add it with your problem . "

 

" My problem? well look at what i get from trying to help a friend. Don't tell me you have  softened up  to her. Look Yeol i know she's hot and all but she's a stalker who had been bothering for the past few weeks. You couldn't even get your mind straight. Always scared that someone might hurt you. Though i must give her credit for scaring out of you, but still she deserve more than that. " 

 

" Don't you dare do anything to her Kai. I'm warning you ." 

 

" This is just the beginning Chanyeol. There's more to come." Chanyeol finally find his voice and treathning Kai. " I swear to god that i'm the one who beat you Kai .  " Kai just shook his head, and start walking away from him with his infamous smirk, he's determined to make Hyejung life a living hell.