You

Can You Be The One?

“Ms. Hwang, the new client has arrived.” A sound from intercom can be heard.

 

“Send in to my office.”

A woman in her late twenties keeps looking the pile of files on her desk.

 

 

This is what Tiffany wants to do now in her life.

 

After graduated from college, she went to State to resume her study and got work in nice company for almost three years and back to Korea.

 

She has this desire to matching people that have a busy schedule and complicated love life after success to pair up her best friend with an old friend.

 

So here she is now, inside her office in Apguejoeng.

 

Well the office isn’t that big. She just rent the 3rd floor of a building.

 

She starts from zero, so she thinks this the best way to save her cost.

 

 

 

 

*knock knock*

 

 “Come in.”

Ms. Hwang answered without looking up.

 

 

The doorknob is turned and the glass door be swung open.

 

“Ms. Hwang, here’s our new client. Mr. Kim.”

 

The secretary usher the client to sit on the meeting desk inside the office of Ms. Hwang and hand a new file about the new client and then walks out.

 

 

A man in his thirties looks around the office and shocked for a while after saw the face behind the other desk.

A small smile can be seen on his face.

 

“Ppani”

 

This voice sound familiar.’

 

Tiffany tilted her head up and … “O-oppa..” shocked written on her face.

 

 

Both of them are college sunbae and hobbae.

 

                                                                                                -----------

 

 

 

 

“Ppani.. Omy gosh.” Mr. Kim stands up and walks to Tiffany.

“After many years, we meet again.” Mr. Kim hugs Tiffany tight.

 

“O-oppa.. I c-can’t bre.. breath.” Tiffany tries to push Mr. Kim a bit.

 

Mr. Kim realizes what he did and step a back.

“Omo… I’m sorry Ppani, I’m just excited to see you again.”

This man can’t stop grinning.

 

“Oppa, its Fany not Ppany.”

 

“That’s what I called you, Ppany.” The man starts whining.

“It’s almost lunch time, let’s eat together.”

Mr. Kim grab Tiffany wrist and dragged her out.

 

“But Oppa, I still have many things to do.”Tiffany stops walking and made the man stop too.

 

 

“It’s just a lunch and I’m not taking no as answer.” Mr. Kim continues to drag Tiffany.

 

 

 

                                                                                                ----------

 

“Come on, I’m send you home.” Mr. Kim reaches out his hand for the girl.

 

“ It’s okay, Oppa. I can hail a cab.” Tiffany answers back and hold the hand.

 

“No, Ppany. Big No.” Mr.Kim shook his head.

“Never in my dictionary to let a woman go home alone in the night, Ppany.”

 

Both of them just have meeting about Mr. Kim 2nd date.

Tiffany arranged another date after Mr. Kim unsatisfied with the previous date.

 

Both of them head out to the car park.

 

As a gentleman Mr. Kim open the door for Tiffany.

“Thanks Oppa.”

 

Mr. Kim just replied with hum.

“Ppany, let’s have breakfast together tomorrow. I’m gonna pick you up in eight.”

‘ This is the only way to get close to you, Ppany’

 

Tiffany just nodded her head.

 

Start from that day they become closer, breakfast, lunch, dinner and even spending weekend together. Now after six months Mr. Kim joined the program, he can’t take his eyes from Tiffany. He likes to spend time with her even just for the boring meeting about the date. He likes to steal glances from her than pick her up and send her home.

 

The seed in his heart finally bloom for Tiffany.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oppa, this is the last candidate I have.”

Tiffany hand a map of file to Mr. Kim.

 

 

Mr. Kim takes a look the file and then closes it.

“Are you sure you don’t have another?”

 

 

“Yes, Oppa. She’s the last one I have according to your description.”

Tiffany drinks her coffee.

 

“Don’t drink too much coffee, Ppany. And find me another one. She doesn’t have killer smile like I want.”

 

 

“Oppa….” Tiffany whined. Mr. Kim already rejects ten profiles that she had show to him and now her last best candidate too be rejected.

 

“Come on, I need my dinner now.” Mr. Kim stands up and *again* reach out his hand to Tiffany holds. That’s already become a habit for them. They like to stroll in the park at night sometimes or go to street vendor in the midnight for supper.

 

“Okay Oppa, don’t be so grumpy.” Fany takes that hand and link her arms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ppany… wake up, we’re already here.”

Mr. Kim shakes Tiffany’s shoulder gently.

‘When will you realize that I want is you Ppany ah..’

 

Mr. Kim caresses Tiffany face and lean forward to kiss her forehead.

 

“Oppa..” Tiffany opens her eyes and gets shocked with what happened.

 

 

“Ppa.. Ppany ah.. I .. I …”

‘I already get caught. Now the chance finally come, goes big or goes home. Hwaitaeng.’

 

“Ppany..Oppa..”

 

“Yes Oppa?” Fany looks into Mr. Kim eyes waiting for his explanation, which makes him nervous.

 

“Oppa.. Oppa really like you Ppany, No.. Oppa love you.” Mr. Kim closes his eyes afraid of Tiffany reaction.

 

 

 

“Oppa.. I love you too.” Answered Fany shyly and she squeeze Mr. Kim right hand.

 

 

Mr. Kim opens his eyes immediately and grins like 6 years old kid.

“Really Ppany ah? This’s not a dream right?”

 

“Yes, Oppa.” Pink tint can be seen on her face.

 

 

“Wohooo… finally, I don’t need to waste my date time.”

“Thanks Ppany.” Mr.Kim leans to kiss Tiffany check.

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                        The End

 

 

Several years later…

 

 

 

 

“Daddy..” a little girl around 3 runs toward her father and brother in the back yard.

 

 

“Princess, don’t run.” The father scoops his daughter in his muscles arm.

 

 

“Owkayy.. Mommy said lunch is reawdy.”

 

“Okay, Yoong let’s go. Mummy made lunch.”

 

“Wait Daddy, I’m coming.” A boy around five runs toward his father and sister.

“Seo, come to oppa.” The boy reaches his hand out for his sister.

 

The little girl wriggles from his father embrace and gets down.

 

Both of them running into the house and sit on the chair.

 

“Yoong, wash your hands first than eats.” A motherly voice appears from kitchen.

 

“Yes, Mommy.” Yoong runs to wash his tiny hands.

 

 

“Ppany, come out. Seo wants you feed her lunch.” Mr. Kim shouts from dine table.

 

“I’m coming Oppa.”

 

                                                              The end for real