002 -

Confessions for the Ignorant You

Hyomin P.O.V.

I woke up late, for school. Today, will be my last confession for sure. No more, after this. Seriously, no more.

I bothered you long enough and don't want to keep you captive.

So please, I hope. . I really hope you'll respond.

---

I ate my pitiful breakfast, on the way to school. I tried keeping the cowlicks of my messy hair down, but they kept going back up. A piece of bread and some milk in a small carton was held tightly on both my hands. For some reason, my insides feel uneasy and I feel just abnormally upset. To promise myself not to like you anymore after today, is the hardest thing I've ever done.

I sighed, feeling the bread make a lump on my cheek.

"Maybe I just won't talk to her, until the end of the day." My mind was bitterly thinking.

It should be irritating for her to be constantly companied by me.

I looked up at the sky, to try and keep my mentality sane. The sky is so blue and the white clouds are so fluffy, geez. . if only my mind wasn't wonky, I can enjoy this mellow weather.

"Yo, Park Hyomin !" I felt a hand slap my back. I nearly gagged on the clump of bread and milk mixture in my mouth.

I turned my head to see Jiyeon, my freshman friend. She elbowed me on the ribs and teasingly said "Why were you looking up at the sky, just now ? Praying to God for Qri to say yes to you ?" She snorted a laugh and lifted up my hand that held the half-eaten bread. And of course, this fatty took a huge chomp and said, "To maintain your skinny body, you need me, Hyominnie."

"Oh, just shut up, will you." 

---

We both ended up having a lecture and a whack from a ruler, because we tried jumping the school gates to get inside.

Hey ! That's really not fair for teachers to do that. I really hate their guts.

The halls were almost empty and a little too quiet. I know that Qri passes by me in this hall and at this time, every day at school. Even though she doesn't say anything to me, I always just liked seeing her.

I realized I was anticipating for her to come out of that certain classroom, As non-stalkerish as I could, I passed by the class and fortunately she left the room just in time.

She had a stack of books that she was holding with both her hands. Her head looked up to see me just stupidly looking back on her. At first, I thought she'll just intercept me and turn around, but she gave me a small smile,

"Ahaha, good morning ! You got some bed-head you know. Woke up late ?"

She chuckled quietly and gripped onto the books more to prevent them from falling. Your face was so adorable, even through my pure shock.

I was so surprised, no really I was. It was the first time she ever had talked to me first, inside the school. I didn't show it and I felt my face heat up, but as normally as I could, I embarrasingly said,

"It's a secret."

---

By the time I opened the door to my class, it was already packed. Me, being super duper awkward, I just walked to my seat quickly and sat down. My classmate's eyes were like literally piercing through my body. My homeroom teacher didn't show that much interest.

Of course, class was just the same. I sat in the back of the class, so it was hard for the teacher to even notice me dozing off.

It that Qri and I have different classes, besides lunch and gym. But for some reason, just the thought of her made my stomach ache.

"Last confession. Last confession. Last confession."

Those two words spun in my head and created a huge storm. I rested my head on the table, but my teacher slammed his tiny dictionary booklet on my desk, which jolted me from my drowsy state.

I kept watching the clock tick it's minutes away and spun my pen around my fingers. The teacher's boring lessons didn't please me and so I wasted my time by drawing sketches on my notes.

As soon as this bell rings, I'm going to dash out of this classroom.