004 - Last -

Confessions for the Ignorant You

Hyomin P.O.V

I paced back and forth in an empty classroom. It was 2:30 and I just wanted to skip class. I can't think straight at all, my mind is seriously jumbled up into a huge mess.

Fortunately, Jiyeon was there to keep me company. But she was talking to me as if I wasn't myself.

"What do you mean ?? I thought you were determined to make Qri yours !" Jiyeon slammed her hand on the top of the desk that she was sitting on, making childish gestures at me. "I told you, I don't want to pester her so many times and just be ignored. The feeling seriously ." I the last of my strawberry milk that Jiyeon had brought me.

"You're hopeless. You've gone crazy." Jiyeon shook her head. I threw the empty milk carton at the garbage can and watch myself miss. "Ah, but what can I do ? I'm not Harry Potter or something. I can't make Qri fall for me."

"Maybe, this time. . it'll be different." She gave me a sly grin and crossed her arms. I looked at her oddly, "What do you mean ?"

She chuckled at me and shrugged,

"I don't know, I'm just saying."

---

It's now 3:00 pm and my knees feel so weak. I stood in front of the classroom that I told you to meet me in.

My hand couldn't help, but shake as I reached for the knob. Jiyeon gave me the last of her good lucks and patted me in the back, just 5 minutes ago. For some reason. . . being alone right now, really freaking . My bones felt hollow and it's as if I can just drift away by a wind.

I'm drowing in the sea called confusion. I'm in pain. I can't even breathe here. Now I want to hear someone's voice.

I'm so weak. . 

I bit my lips and curled my fingers into a fist. Wishing myself needed luck, I opened the door in a careful fashion.

She was standing by the windows and her head turned to look at me.

I closed the door behind my back and walked my way in front of her. Each step felt so heavy. . like my legs were made of lead. My eyes were at first fixed to the ground, but I looked up at her and she said,

"What is it that you wanted to tell me ?"

She sounded seemingly calm and not worried about any single thing in the world. It annoyed me, but at the same time, it's what I liked about her. I can't seem to move. It's as if my body was set frozen to the position and it's only mouth that can move.

I squeezed my eyes and hands as tightly as I could, seeping in air through my clenched teeth.

Here goes. . 

"Sorry for making you hear this, but I've really liked you all this time. . so please, won't you take me as yours ?"

I gulped and kept my eyes shut, but I couldn't hear anything. The silence buzzed in my ears like static, as I slowly opened my eyes. She had a familiar smile on your face, the same one she'd always give me after I'd confess.

My hands shook and my lips quivered. I can't tell if it's out of anger or anticipation. . I don't care. I yelped at her in an angry tone, This time, crying really was an option.

"Why do you keep silent and hide it all ?! Are you afraid of being laughed at ? I want you to listen to me !" My voice shook as long awaited tears welled up on my eyes and started dripping down to my chin. I continued and my voice grew quieter.

"No one will laugh at you, so why don't you talk ?? No one will understand you, if you don't speak out. What troublesome beings, us humans are. . and all I just wanted to say was that Iike you. . . Don't make me say it anymore than this, okay ?! I like you, Lee Qri !"

I've had enough, I turned around quickly and didn't even look at your face even once. It was my last confession and there ! I said everything. I was trembling head to toe in sorrow, and my cold tears plopped to the classroom floor in quiet droplets. The room now only had the sounds of my furious heaving.

As I started to walk towards the door, I felt a hand snatch at my wrist urgently.

I stared at the door, hesitating whether or not I should look at Qri. Out of biting curiousity, I turned my head just enough so that I can see her face.

. . .

It was different. A different kind of expression. It.  it had a smile that I've never seen before.

A genuine smile.

With that face, she finally said,

"I feel the same."