003 -

Confessions for the Ignorant You

Hyomin P.O.V.

The bell rung and I flung out of the classroom door, heading to the cafeteria.

I made my way there through the crowds of students, shoving them out of my way. The lunch room was filled and I could see Eunjung and Jiyeon sitting down and saving a seat for me.

"Hey, Hyomin ! Over here !" They raised a hand up to tell me to come over. Qri usually sat in the table behind mine with her two friends Soyeon and Boram.

I sat on the table secretly eyeing to see if she was already on her table. But to my disappointment, she was nowhere to be seen. Not even Soyeon or Boram were even sitting there.

"What's with your hair ?" Eunjung asked me and tried patting down my brown locks that were sticking up. "Ah, nevermind that, Jungie. . I have something to tell you guys." I sighed a heavy breath and laid my cheek against the table, The duo looked at me curiously, asking me,

"What is it ?"

I looked at them with puppy eyes and probably a glint of a tear, I said, "Today. Today's my last confession."

Jiyeon almost choked on the juice she was drinking and sputtered at me, "What ?? What are you saying ??? This isn't the Hyomin, I know of !" Jiyeon grabbed my cheeks with both hands and looked at me in the eyes. I sady nodded at her stunned voice,

"Why ?" Eunjung's short question had a lot of answers.

"Because I don't want to keep this up anymore. I don't want to bother her." I answered back curtly.

Wah, I want to cry so badly, but I'll just hold back the tears in.

Eunjung shook her head and crossed her arms, "I knew that girl wasn't interested in you. She's so stoic and never even answered you once, when you kept confessing." I just nodded to her blunt response.

After gym. . I'm going to see her and tell her where and what time to meet for the last confession.

---

Gym slipped by and I could see her bout to leave for the next class.

Wait, no ! Come back ! ! I didn't bother locking my gym locker or even pulling my pants all the way up.

I looked so stupid running in the locker room wih my pants just up to my knees. But whatever, I could see Qri just turn from the hallway. Her pace was abnormally faster than usual. Pulling up my pants as swiftly as I can, I made my way down the bustling hall.

I bumped into several of my classmates, just trying to reach her. It's as if someone told all of them to get her away from me as far as they can.

GAH ! WHERE DID THESE PEOPLE ALL COME FROM ?

I almost tripped on someone's foot, while sprinting my way towards you. You're so close, just a few steps away. Ah ! Your back is right in front of me, now !

I held my breath, as the school late bell rang and the students in the halls lessened. For a moment, I could hear my chest buzzing and my heart ringing. It hurts, it really hurts. . but I'll have to bear with it.

I grabbed ahold of your wrist with one hand, out of impulse. You turned around a soft expression worn on your face, gah ! I feel like crying right here, but I closed my eyes tightly. And I just said in one whole breath,

"I have something to tell you ! Today after school, at 3:00 pm in this classroom right here." I gently released my grip on her wrist and patted the door that was to my right.

My heart is incredibly noisy and my skin is burning red. My mouth is dry and it seems too hard to breath. I could just turn right now and never come back. I looked down at you and instead of giving me another smile, you gave me a tiny nod.

I couldn't even focus my vision to see your face properly. By the time I wanted to speak again, you were already turned around and down the hall.

Small dribbles of tears streamed down my cheeks. I brought my hand up and brushed them away with the top of my hand.

Ah. . what do I do ?