Let Her Go

A Song For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hope I fixed all my errors already hahaha

I was just listening to this songand thought I could blab about it. LOL

Feel free to tell me what you think.  Comments, suggestions or violent reaction, I don't mind.  They help me write so comments are appreciated hehhe. Anyway, I hope you enjoy xD

**The ones italicized are flashbacks.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Well you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you’re missin' home
Only know you love her when you let her go
And you let her go”
 

 

Jessica was sitting on the couch just waiting for her girl friend to come.  She rested her head on the couch and closed her eyes.  It was a long day at work, but she doesn’t mind going out tonight.  Tiffany, her girl friend, has set up a party for her. Apparently, it is Jessica’s birthday today. 

 

Tiffany slowly and quietly approached the girl who she thought was asleep.  She stopped for a moment to look and take in the gorgeousness of her girlfriend.  Until now, she can’t believe that Jessica, the girl of her dream, is hers.  She inhaled deeply and allowed the fact to sink in to her, once again.  She leaned her body, slightly bending so she could reach her face, she then kissed her girlfriend on the cheek. 

 

“I love you” she whispered to her ear, as if it’s a secret between the two of them.

 

To her surprise, she was pulled by the sleeping-now-awake girl, to her lap.  Tiffany repositioned herself and she was now sitting comfortably on Jessica.  

 

“Did I wake you up? I’m sorry.” Tiffany said, her breath lingering on Jessica’s neck.

She simply shook her head, and finally lifted it to look at her girlfriend who was situated on her lap. 

 

“And miss your love confession? No way!”  Jessica said, and brushed her lip slightly on Tiffany’s. 

 

Tiffany smiled at the affection, she rested her forehead on hers,

“I love you, I’ll never get tired of saying that. I love you, Jessica.”

 

“And I don’t think I’ll get tired of hearing that.”

 

Tiffany waited, but Jessica said nothing.  She has been the vocal one in their relationship.  She’s used to the “I love yous” that never received a reply.  She was satisfied with Jessica’s touches and kisses.  She didn’t want to push it, for she knows that Jessica isn’t the woman of words.  Still, as a girlfriend, she wanted to hear those words from her.  But what can she do? She didn’t want this to create a space between them, so she lets it go.

 

“Ready for my surprise?”

 

Jessica nodded and Tiffany had pulled her off the couch.  She drove her to their favorite restaurant.  Everything else was perfect.  Jessica kept looking at Tiffany, how could someone like her exist?  How could someone like her put up to all the bulls she’s been giving?  How can she be confused of what she really feels towards her?

“Happy Birthday, sweetheart.”  Tiffany cut in, bringing a heart shaped cake in front of her. “Make a wish” she enthusiastically cooed.

 

Jessica closed her eyes and blew the candle.  Tiffany never failed to make her happy.  Sometimes, she wished Tiffany didn’t love her that much because it was hard to return every ounce of it.  Tiffany was always the giver, the one who understands, the one who always forgives.  Why can’t she be bad sometimes?  It’s hard for Jessica, it’s like she always had to be the perfect girl friend to keep up with her.

 

“Thank you.” She can only say, and peck her lips.

 

“You’re always welcome.  I love you.” 

 

 


“Staring at the bottom of your glass
Hoping one day you'll make a dream last
But dreams come slow and they go so fast

You see her when you close your eyes
Maybe one day you'll understand why
Everything you touch surely dies

But you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go

 

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missin' home
Only know you love her when you let her go”

 

 

Jessica was at the office finishing paper works and presentation for the board meeting tomorrow.  Being the CEO’s daughter, a lot is expected of Jessica.  She had been too focused on the pile of papers in front of her, she hadn’t noticed her cell phone ringing for the nth time.  She groaned loud as she heard her cell phone ring for the first time.  She ignored it, and eventually it ended. 

 

Once again, she heard it ringing.  With too much frustration, she didn’t even check who the caller is.

 

“What?!” she roared to the other line.

 

“Not a good time, baby?” the other line asked apologetically.

 

Guilt suddenly crept to her as she heard her girlfriend’s weary voice.

 

“I’m sorry.  What made you call?”

 

“I’m just worried since you said you’ll be home by 5, it’s already 8, sweetheart.  Are you okay?”

“I’m sorry.  I know I promised but I need to finish this for tomorrow’s presentation.” She sighed loudly.

 

“Did you eat dinner though?”

 

“I’ve no time for that, I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

 

With that, she ended the call and resumed doing her paper works. Everyone from the office had gone home actually, cause it was way past office hours. That’s why she was startled by a sudden knock on the door.

 

“Who’s still in there?” she shouted clearly annoyed of whoever could be disturbing her right at this moment.

 

“Hey!” the door opened and she was greeted by a smile that could shine through the darkness.

 

“What are you doing here?”  There was a hint of annoyance but Tiffany brushed it off.  She knows really well how much Jessica hated being disturbed when she’s working.

 

“I’m sorry.   I just thought you might need this.”  She held up a paper bag and took the content out one by one. 

 

“Tiff, I’m working.”

 

“Then work, I won’t disturb you just need to open your mouth.” Tiffany said, placing a spoon of rice in front of .  She obliged and continued working on her papers. 

 

They continued being like this until there was nothing left on the lunch boxes Tiffany brought.  Proving how hungry Jessica was. 

 

“By the way, I got you coffee too.”

 

She pulled out a thermos on the paper bag.  It was homemade, made and brewed by Tiffany herself.  She knows that Jessica preferred her way of making coffee. 

 

She opened the thermos and offered it to her, she took and had a sip of it.  She smiled for the first time that day.

 

“Thank you, Tiffany.”  Those were the only words Tiffany could say.

 

Tiffany flashed her a bright smile and just remained quiet for the time being.  She just let Jessica do her work.  She didn’t say a thing even if it was hurting her too much.  At least, her home cooked meal and coffee she brought were appreciated.  That was all that matters to her. 

 

“You should just head home, and rest.  You still have an early flight for tomorrow.”

 

At least she knows Tiffany’s schedule.   She secretly wished Jessica would ask her to stay and decline the offer to guest judge in Master Chef,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter