Chapter 3

Loving you

"Annyeong!"

"Hey, you're here!" Sooyoung greeted her bestfriends whom came to visit her. 

"What are you doing here alone?" Tiffany squated down next to Sooyoung who say on her wheel chair in the middle of the greenhouse. Its the place where she had spent most of her time in ever since she came back from the hospital. Its the only place that she had been able to be comfortable, especially when she can't even walk anymore now. 

"Just,, getting myself cozy to nature." 

Being one of her bestfriends, Seohyun whom had been quiet all this while,  knew those words that she had just let escaped from her lips weren't exactly what she was trying to say. "U-unnie.."

"Wae?"

Seohyun reached out for her hand and a slight tear escaped from her eyes when Sooyoung looked up towards her showing off her most assuring smile. 

"Unnie,.. Just let it all out... Jebal. You don't have to be like this in front of us anymore... Please.."

Being a little takenback from what the youngest one had said, the smile that she was wearing slowly faded as seconds passed. The four of them turned silent as if the atmosphere that the situation had brought upon them had engulf their every soul almost immediately. Without her noticing, her own tears started to form and then, shocking everyone including herself, once it escaped from her eyes and slid down freely. 

Feeling wet on the cheeks, Sooyoung lifted her freehand that wasn't being held onto by Seohyun to her face only to realize that the 'wet' feeling on her face was due to her tears.

"Ah.. What is wrong with me today? I'm sorry girls." She said still trying her best to even understand herself. Despite still being in shock by her own tears, she still smile throughout; while still wiping her tears away. 

The girl whom they've known to be the most calm, positive and the happiest amongst them, showing this side of her for the first time supposed to make them feel a tinge of worrying or even a tiny bit of panic but instead they were glad that their cheerful princess was able to show how she truly felt instead of hiding behind an invinsible wall or smile that she had on her face the entire time in front of them.

The truth was Sooyoung wasn't just crying because she won't get to even feel the ground like how she used to before everything had happened. It wasn't that. Maybe yes, a tiny part of her was still filled with much resentment and anger because of it but most of all, she was saddened by the fact that most things had changed not only about how she lived her life but it was also because of her relationship with Andrew. Things weren't the same. At first she thought that maybe he was just busy like how her mom always said. But things get more complicated whenever he came to visit her. Its as if he was there with her but not really there with her. He wasn't like how he used to be. He don't carressed her hair like he used to whenever they watch television and he doesn't seem to remember what her favourites were whenever they would go for dinner dates. And out of all the above, what she felt inside was mostly empty. They both seemed to be out of touch. Ever since she came back home from the hospital, he never kissed her like he used to do and he never would hold her hand; intertwine his fingers with her. She was mostly saddened by the thought of how things changed drastically this way. At times, she wanted to just tell him how she felt but most of the time those words could never for once escaped her lips. She was so consumed by her own insecurities that maybe, just maybe, if she was to even utter a single word about it, He would leave her side and never to look back. Well, which guy in the right mind, who had almost everything anyone would have asked for to stay by a cripled woman who could only do most of her daily routine on a wheelchair. To even do basic requirements such as taking a bath in the toilet, she needed help from an Ahjumma to do so. 

Seeing her this way, Seohyun, Tiffany and Yuri immediately squated down to Sooyoung and hug her tight; trying their best to console her. For sure, they might never get the truth behind her tears but they knew that the lady on the wheelchair that was in their embrace had been too strong for way too long. A few moments after, they broke apart. The four wiped away their tears and Tiffany was the first one to break the deafening silence. 

"Girls, lets plan a short getaway! Just the four of us. How bout that?"

"Thats a great idea, Tiffany Unnie!" 

"I don't think that is a really good idea..." Sooyoung said; suppressing all of their excitement.

"We can go to my holiday house in Jeju-do. It will be fun if its the distance that you're worried about, Unnie." Seohyun said assuringly with the other two nodding as an agreement to their Youngest.

"Well,..."

"Please.. Sooyoung-ah! Its been a long while. You've been homed school for this entire time and the four of us could only meet up like this together for what? Once every few weeks? Its not healthy to always stay at one place the entire time you know? Besides, we missed you." Yuri speaking so fast like a bullet train not stopping in between to breathe and letting Sooyoung continue with her reasons to decline their perfect idea. Looking up to the three girls who were anticipating her answer, she, then, nodded in defeat. 

"Ne, arrayo. Let's go then."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the white room of a mansion in the suburbs of Songbuk-dong, laid a man with a tube on his nose link to an oxygen tank not too far away from him. His upper torso was plastered with multiple wires and the sound from the monitor could be heard echoing throughout the room. 

"...I saw it coming but i choose to let go of it, not because i was hoping for something or someone better but because i know, it was for the best..."

The man who was sitting right next to the bed, looking up from the paper that he was holding. It was a routine. He would visit the mansion once every 2 days during lunch time to read a story for Andrew. For today he was reading a composition that he had written down during his colleage years. He never truly understood what he was trying to write about but it was inspired by a novel he had read about dreams and hopes a few weeks back before he began to write. He could have ended it happily but he decided to just end it up in defeat. Looking back, it was a choice that he would have chosen. It was evident. That's just the way he was. He gave up easily when he could have just gone all the way to fight for his stand. But at the back of his mind, he could never escape the thought that maybe his mother was right. No matter what he wanted to be, he will always be a Choi. He gave up on his dreams to become an athelete when he learnt about his mother's illness. He could have easily made it to one of the best teams in basketball international ranking but he couldn't bear to leave his mother's side. He never intended to. 

"Hyung, that a composition that i wrote years ago. I found it this morning while i unpack the remains of the deliveries from London. I thought i should read it for you, so that you will be able to know me a little better, don't you think?" He paused for a moment, thinking of whether what he said next was even appropriate at that exact moment. 

He placed the stack of papers that he was holding to the bedside table and looked up to his twin brother who is still peacefully sleeping. Learning the conture of his face at that moment made him smile at the relization that they really do look the same. No matter how much he wanted to deny it, he just couldn't because its the truth. 

"Hyung, I know you can hear me... Its been more than 2 months now that you're still in coma. From the hospital, till you're here in this mansion.. Please wake up soon... S-soon before i could not fight the feeling in my chest anymore. She had been hurting because of your absense. My presence around her is hurting her more as time passes. The closer she is around me, i felt like i am going crazy. It felt as if i am going to explode. I can't pretend any longer. I think i have fallen for her but the more i realized it the more uncomfortable the truth creeps onto me. I fall for my brother's girlfriend. I can't do that. Its not right. Please forgive me..."

Looking down towards his brother's ring finger, a promise ring could be seen encircling it. Siwon's thought began to flew back to a few nights ago when he took Sooyoung out on a dinner date. 

------------------------------------------------Flashback------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you want to eat?"

"The usuals would do, Oppa." Sooyoung's eyes begin to light up when he took his eyes off the menu in front of them. He heard from Sora, that Andrew usually brought Sooyoung here but when he heard, 'the usuals', his heart began to beat fast. He didn't know what her usuals are from the restaurant that Sooyoung and Andrew used to go. Trying to cover up his ignorance, he let out a muffled laugh, "Eeoteoke?"

"Sorry, did you just said something oppa?"

"A-Aniyo,," 

With so much risk at hand of being caught or having suspicions, he raised his hand to place the orders. 

"Erm, Can i have fish and chips and the black pepper seafood aglio. I would like to also add on the mutton chop and the side sweet potato chips. plus, a bottle of champagne, camomile tea and an americano please." With that he closed the menu and looked at Sooyoung who was staring at him in bewilderment. He knew he didn't choose the right usuals but he did chose the food that he heard from Sora; she likes. 

Dissapointed? Yes. Sooyoung was hoping that maybe after all this while, having a date with her boyfriend could make her day brighter but all hopes were lost when she realize that he never knew what her usuals were. She usually ate lasagna with full on cheese and as a starter she will always have pumpkin soup accompanied by garlic bread. She don't like tea, so andrew always order for her shakes. Looking at him smile like that made her forget about the heavy feeling in her chest instead she just played along, beside what he ordered weren't really that bad. She likes to eat and those are one of her favourites as well. 

"Are those okay? I figured we could really try something different." 

Sooyoung nodded. "Ne. I missed you oppa. How's everything? How's Aboeji doing?" 

Reaching out for his hand on the table. His expression was kind of like bulb. Light up and then light off for a second and then, light up again. it came unnoticed to Sooyoung whose eyes begin to widen when its fixed on his hand.

"O-oppa, wheres your ring?"

"Owh? Ring?" He looked down to his fingers and to hers. At once he got what she was trying to refer to. Couple promise ring. Its a simple silver band with their names encrafted on the inside. He saw Andrew wore them once before the operation. But right now, all that he could think of was what excuse should he say to her. 

"Oh.. that. I send it for cleaning. Yeah, cleaning." 

"Oh.. Well, you could have just say it, theres no need for you to stutter." Sooyoung knew that he was lying. Andrew will always stutter when he lie about something and he usually look away when saying it. Siwon just removed his hand from sooyoung's and scratched his unitching neck and shows off his pearly whites. Sora told him from the beginning to take that ring from Andrew and wore it for the mean time, but he never could have the courage to do so. To him, Sooyoung and the ring is symbolises the same thing. Love. Love that belongs to the rightful owner, Andrew, his own twin brother. Yes, they maybe the same and similar but Andrew is the one who had her heart. 

------------------------------------------------End of flashback--------------------------------------------------------

"Hyung, i don't know if this is the right thing to do. But i can't have her questioning me about the ring. I'll just borrow this a while till a replica made. This is for Sooyoung. I'll give her back to you when you're awake i promise."

He slide the ring off his brother's finger. And just then, his phone start to bleep. 

"Oppa, I am going to Jeju-do tomorrow with the girls. I'll see you when i'm back. Miss you dearly, Sooyoung."

To be honest, he had became so used to her presence. Her attention for him, not lets rephrase it, her attention for Andrew made him fall for her. The way she tries her best to keep it all together even when she wanted to just break down into tears. The way she try to be strong for herself even when she knew very well that she was so vulnerable made him want to protect her. The way she would fall asleep in his embrace one night during a movie marathon. He had never seen that side of her. Yes, he may have seen and talked to plenty other girls but one like Sooyoung, never. Sooyoung remind him so much of his mom. A strong and yet vulnerable woman. It was inevitable. He knew. Sooner or later, he'll fall hard for her. And its true.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note;

Ta-da. Here you go. Sorry for the long wait. I hope you'd like this. I know its short but i'll update a longer one in the next chapter. Please comment below and i'll try my best to reply when i have time. Thank for reading and have a nice day. Godbless! :^)