Chapter 1

Loving you

The cover of the bed could be seen moving and ruffling noises could be heard. The lady whom had just came back from the white four-walled room could be seen struggling to sit up by herself on the bed. The air in the room was peacefull, however the heart was a completely different atmosphere. After a few struggles, she let out a sigh of relief for finally being able to get to the desired position. The morning sunshine that seeps through the curtain of her room's balcony brightened her room by a bit and anyone would have been able to see the way her cheeks were stained by tears and how she eyes were puffy as if she had been crying for quite a lot last night. The eye bags under her eyes were becoming evident showing that she had not been having sufficient rest last night or even the nights before. She reached out for the clock on her bed side table; its 830 am in the morning. Usually, during this time, she would have already make her bed and clean herself up before grabbing a cup of tea and drink it in her balcony while writing her journal and updating her planner. She pushed the covers away and decided to do her normal routine. But all of that was put on hold when she tried to move her legs to get out of bed but she can't and once she looked up from where she had been looking, the wheelchair was located in front of her, brought her to a realization that she can never make use of her legs anymore. 

----Flashback----(Sooyoung's Pov)

I heard someone screaming. Someone of a familiar voice screaming for help. The voice became distant and yet again it became louder. I opened my eyes briefly. It hurts at first when the light that shine up ahead got to my eyes. i tried blinking it a couple of times to get adjusted to it but before my sight got used to it a pair of hands could be felt on the side of my face and a few thin fingers were on the side of eyes. So many things were happening at once, i felt pain, numb and most of all confused. 

A voice brought me back to my sense, "Ms Choi, can you hear me? Do you feel any pain? Ms Choi answer me?" as he shone a source of light, probably a small torch to my eyes. I just gave a little nod, not having enough energy to let the words to sink in. I turned to my left an there stood my mom looking a little anxious. She was wearing her usual office wear with her hair in a bun. I looked around the room, still not knowing what had happened and where i am or who the man who had questioned me earlier. 

"Ms Choi, everything is okay now. You are in the hospital. You've been in coma for the past 4 weeks and finally you've gain conciousness. How are you feeling? Is there any pain?" He explained as if he could sense that i am utterly confused. 

"A-ani.." I tried to get myself up from the bed but struggled a little. My mom helped me along with the man in the white coat whom i guess is my doctor. When i finally managed to seat up, he continues, "I have to ask you some question, and you have to answer them, alright?"

"Okay, go ahead with it."

"What's you full name?"

"Summer Choi Sooyoung."

"How many siblings do you have?"

"I have none, i am the only child."

"Do you remember the names of your close friends?"

"Yes, they are Yesung oppa, Seohyun-nie, Seunghyun oppa, Tiffany, Kyuhyun oppa and An-..."

I could feel my heart began to beat quicker and i became nervous when i realized that i couldn't feel my legs when i tried to wriggled it. 

"And who?"

"And... Doctor, Is there something wrong with me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I can't feel my legs." I said each words making my heart beats even more wildly. A tear escaped the side of my eyes as i search for refuge in the embrace of my mum not wanting to believe what comes next. The doctor asked me to move my feet a couple of times to diagnose what was actually wrong with me but nothing could be done when i tried my hardest to move it but failed terribly. My heart broke into pieces when i heard he said, "Sorry, Ms Choi, we've done the MRI. The nerve cells on your spine that are connected to your legs are badly damage. You can't used -..."

"I-I'm paralyse? Is that what you meant?"

"Yes.."

"Doctor, is there any chance for Sooyoung to recover?"

"Yes, if she will always go for theraphy but i can't gurantee a 100% that she will be as per before the accident."

--------------------------------------------------------------------End of flashback---------------------------------------------------------------------

(No one's POV)

 The words of the doctor kept on playing and repeating in her mind making her senseless. Little did she know, a tear or anguish and the hurt of reality slip off the corner of her eyes. Didn't know what took over her, she began to beat her legs again and again, thinking that maybe she will feel something if she keep on doing so. No matter how hard or how much of a force she had used on her legs, she still couldn't feel anything. A few minutes after, the door to her room flung opened without warning, there stood her mother. 

"Goodmo-..." her word was halted when she saw the scence that was laid out in front of her. Her eyes widen and she quickly walked towards ber daughter and hug her hands as an attempt to calm her down. Seeing her like this and caught her doing things hurting herself, as her mother, was tough. At first when the younger was in her embrace, she could feel a pushing force on her body and she knew that its a sign of retalliation from her daughter. 

"Shhh... let it all out. I know its hard on you... I understands, just let it out..." 

When those words were being said the retaliation and the pushing force that she felt, stopped and change to a sohbing one. At first it was a silent sobbing and the mother who was sitting at the side of the bed while hugging her only daughter, thought that her daughter had fall asleep. But not too long later, she felt that her shoulder became damp and thats when sbe knew, her daughter had finally respond to her. 

For a bout 20 mins had passed, the two lady broke the embrace only to revealed the daughter in puffy eyes and the mother in a damp blouse. "I'm sorry about that.." the younger one apologized when she saw the patch of tear stain in her mother's work blouse. 

"It okay. thats what you'll get trying to console someone back ti comfort. Now are you feeling okay?" Trying to make a joke out of nothing.

"Yea, I'm okay. I think j just need a little more time to adjust to this kind of circumstances..."

"Alright, wait for me here, I'll call Aenjie Ajumma to help you get ready for the say okay? I'll just go get change." Sooyoung nodded and her mother began to walked out of her room. But alll of that stopped when she called out for the elder once again. 

"Mom.."

Turning around, she answered, "yes, sooyoungie.."

"Do you know where is Andrew oppa? I mean for the past few days, after I'm discharged from the hospital, all of my friends came to visit me.. but that person, didn't. I mean shiuldn't he be visiting me at the hospital and here at home. I called him numerous times but I can't reached him. Is he avoiding me because right now I can't even move my legs anymore?" Saying the last sentence; trting her best not to break down once more. 

Andrew, the man whom she gad dated during her first year in University. His name is Andrew Choi Himwon. He is a couple of years older than her and he took over his father company after his father semi-retired. The reason why thet clicked so easily was because they were both similar, both lost one of their parents and both are family oriented people. Sooyoung loves him dearly and she knew he loves her too. 

Upon hearing what her daughter said, the mother then, responded , "I'd try to con-contact him... He is probably busy. You know how hectic business life is, right?" It was so clear that the smile she had previously worn across her face faded for a moment when she thought of a way to answer her daughter. 

She went out of the room and when to change her clothes. Sitting on the couch in her her bedroom with her phone in her hands; she began to scroll down her contact list. Once she got the contact that she need; she took a deeo breath before press the call button on the screen of her phone. 

"Yeoboseyo.. this is aunt sora. Can we meet? Hmm, will my office be okay? Ne, see you later than.." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somwhere across the city of Seoul, there was a man who was talking on the phone, walked out to his room's balcony. 

"Ne, Arraso. See you later than aunt Sora."

Putting down his phone, he took a sip from his morning coffee and walked away to his closet to get himself ready to start his day.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note;

Okay here you go! I decided to use siwon-shi's english name , andrew instead of Siwon. Who do you think is the man that Mrs Choi Sora is speaking to on the phone? Hehhe. I'll update this soon. Thank you for reading and have a great day ahead. Godbless! :^)