Memories

Coloring the Missing Pieces

(After chapter 11 sometime)

 

“Is this where you have been hiding all day?”

The girl sat up from her chair after hearing a familiar voice, “How did you know I was here?”

The other girl took a seat next to her, “You are so obvious.”

“Oh yea?”

“And you have lots of friends who tell me your whereabouts.”

Both girls started laughing, “Tae...are you nervous?”

Taeyeon looked over to the other girl while she reached out her hand, “Jessica...how could I be nervous when you are by my side.”

Jessica laughed while she intertwined her fingers, “I love you.”

Taeyeon brought Jessica’s hand to her lips and kissed it lightly, “I love you too.” Silence encompassed the two until Taeyeon spoke again, “Do you always come here when you are scared because I find it scary to be here alone.”

Jessica sighed while slouching in her chair further, “This is my home outside of home you know...I spent so much time here. I feel like I am leaving a place of familiarity.”

Taeyeon looked around, “You know I will always be by your side. If you ever feel lost or scared, then you just need to look for me.”

Jessica smiled, “I guess you are never allowed to leave my side then.” Both girls were laughing at their cheesiness. “But in all seriousness, I am going to miss here. Graduation is great and all but I have so many good memories here. Like I don’t want to make new memories but live in my happiness with the past memories. Sounds stupid, but it is hard to move on sometimes.”

Taeyeon stood up, “Come on then.”

Jessica was forcibly pulled up from her seat, “Where are we going?”

“I want to see your memories in action.” Jessica followed Taeyeon as she led her down the stairs onto the stage. With both of them standing towards the audience, “so this is what you see....”

“Yea. I feel excited even though there is no one in the audience right now.”

Taeyeon jumped down from the stage and took one of the seats, “You have an audience of one.”

Jessica looked down at Taeyeon and giggled, “What does my audience want to see? And nothing erted you byuntae!”

“I wasn’t thinking anything erted!”

Jessica folded her arms, “Well?”

“I want to see all your plays again.”

“Taeyeon that would take forever. I was in like 20 productions in the 4 years we have been here.”

Taeyeon crossed her legs and got comfortable, “you are artsy. Figure something out to show me the main parts of each within 5 minutes.”

Jessica laughed, “you sound like my teacher giving me homework.” However, Jessica complied and gave Taeyeon a little show. By the end Jessica saw Taeyeon almost on the floor laughing, “I told you it would be weird!”

Taeyeon was having trouble breathing from all the laughing she did, “I didn’t know all the performances you stared in were comedies.”

“Fine Kim Taeyeon! If you don’t like my acting then don’t ask me to do stupid things.”

Seeing her girlfriend starting to get mad, Taeyeon quickly went to the stage and took Jessica’s hand, “Come on.”

“Where to now?”

Taeyeon didn’t answer but pulled Jessica to behind the stage, “Oh I always wondered what it was like back here.” Taeyeon started taking various props like she was a happy child in a toy store.

“If this were a real production, back here would be the busiest place. I usually get ushered on stage so I don’t stay back here much.”
“Oh? Where do you spend most of your time then?”

Jessica pointed over to one of the doors, “The changing room there. I have to change fast and get ready for the next scene.”

Taeyeon pulled Jessica into the dressing room, “Kind of small...”

“What did you expect?”

“Nothing...really. I am trying to see your memories for the first time.”

Jessica leaned on the door, “Really most of my memories are on that stage. We practiced and prepared out there. I miss the times just laughing and goofing off with the other actors. Life was so carefree. I miss those memories the most.”
Taeyeon approached Jessica until she was inches away, “I am not telling you to forget those memories, but experiencing new things and making new memories can sometimes be better than the old.”

Jessica smiled and caressed Taeyeon’s face, “I know...and I am happy that the new memories will be with you.”

Taeyeon leaned in and captured Jessica’s lips. Jessica closed her eyes while savoring the feelings of her lover’s lips. Taeyeon took the lead while she lifted Jessica up onto the makeup counter and deepened the kiss. Taeyeon moved her hands across Jessica’s body while their tongues danced in each other’s mouth. Having enough of Jessica’s lips, Taeyeon moved her lips down to Jessica’s neck and roughly before retreating. Jessica looked at Taeyeon questionably but followed Taeyeon as the other girl backed out of the dressing room with their hands linked.

Once they were out of the dressing room, Taeyeon flipped Jessica around so she was leaning on one of the backdrops. Taeyeon wasted no time in recapturing her girlfriend’s lips. Both became more aggressive with their kisses while they danced around the backstage. Their positions flipped back and forth while they took turns taking the lead. They went from backdrop to backdrop or various set pieces until they returned to the stage.

Taeyeon retreated her lips but kept Jessica locked in her gaze while they held each other close. Almost out of breath, “Now you can have your old memories mixed in with the new.”

Jessica smiled and buried her head into Taeyeon’s neck, “Did I tell you how much I love you?”

Taeyeon smiled and held Jessica tightly, “I love you too babe.”

Both knew change was coming with graduation but the familiarity they felt with each other made any obstacle look easy.

 

~END~

 

 


Author's Note:

I came across old photos of my undergraduate days and remembered how much I missed it and wanted to go back. I hope you like the update ^^