Drawn-Out Fight

Coloring the Missing Pieces

(Taeyeon and Jessica’s fight after chapter 10)

 

 

 

Jessica marched back to her apartment fuming mad.  What girlfriend leaves to do work right after they make love? However, after seeing Taeyeon return with the exhaustion written on her face, Jessica wanted to forgive her. Yet she was stubborn and was going to get her point across to Taeyeon that she was not okay with Taeyeon leaving her like that.

Hyoyeon saw Jessica returning after not being around last night, “I take it you and Taeyeon had a good time last night.” She said while giving Jessica a suggestive look.

Jessica walked past Hyoyeon and collapsed on the couch while putting her arms over her eyes, “I don’t want to talk about it…”

Hyoyeon made her way over to her friend, “That shorty is harmless, what could she possibly do to you?”

Jessica groaned, “Hyo I really don’t want to talk about it and you are just going to laugh at me…”

“I promise I won’t laugh. What happened with you and Taeyeon?”

Jessica moved her arm slightly so one of her eyes could see if Hyoyeon was not going to laugh, “We made love.”

“Oh this is getting good!”

“That isn’t the problem. It was amazing.”

“Jessica don’t go into details…I don’t want to picture my best friend and her girlfriend getting down and dirty.”

“Well she left to work on a stupid painting right after. I woke up and she was gone.”

“Oh this sounds serious. Has she done this before?”

“No. She always stays with me even if we don’t do those activities.”

“So what are you going to do about it? I mean you should go talk to her or something.”

“I don’t want to. I am still mad.”

Hyoyeon sighed, “Fine but that won’t fix anything. I am sure she has a good reason.”

 

---------------------

 

Taeyeon was feeling guilty for leaving her girlfriend alone last night and part of the morning but she knew she would understand eventually why she had to leave. Even now she was blushing knowing what she painted last night. It was close to lunch time so Taeyeon texted her girlfriend but there was no response back, “Humm? She always answers…maybe she is busy.”

Taeyeon shrugged off the thought until she saw her girlfriend walking with who she assumed was a classmate. She went to run up with the girl and even called out her name but she didn’t manage to catch Jessica’s attention it seemed.

 

Another day passed and Taeyeon hadn’t heard anything from Jessica. By now she knew Jessica was mad at her. It was their first real fight so she really didn’t know how to handle her angry girlfriend. Just then she got an idea of how to make Jessica forgive her.

 

------------------------

 

“So how is this ignoring her thing going?”

“I don’t even want to talk about it Hyo.”

The girls were walking on their way to class, “I think a day is more than enough. Just forgive her and go to talk with her.”

“No. She should be the one to come after me.”

“It might be hard if you keep ignoring her calls and I saw you ignore her yesterday on campus too.”

Jessica felt embarrassed that someone saw her childish actions, “Anyway, I have class here. See you Hyo.”

Hyoyeon continued walking but turned to face Jessica again, “Just give the shorty a chance!”

Jessica shrugged off the conversation she had with Hyoyeon and tried to focus in class instead. Class was about to start but someone tapped Jessica on the shoulder, “Are you Jessica Jung?”
“Ah yea?”

The boy handed Jessica a packet. She opened it and it was a drawing of a nose. Jessica was confused to why she got the drawing but then she turned it over with a note, “A kiss on the tip of the nose…”

Jessica looked around to find the boy who gave her the package but he was gone. She was taken aback why she received something like that, but she just put it in her backpack and prepared for class.

 

 

The next day Jessica was busy with preparations for her upcoming play so she was locked in the theatre most of today. Her thoughts went back to how she should approach Taeyeon. Now she was finding it funny how Taeyeon turned the tables and wasn’t sending her messages anymore but it made Jessica sad that her girlfriend stopped trying to get in contact with her.

“Jessica you look troubled today.”

“Oh Yoona…just some personal problems.”

“Did you want to talk about it? We can’t have the star being depressed.”

Yoona took a seat next to Jessica, “Not really. I just need to wait and find the right time to face my problems.”

“Sounds agonizing.”

Jessica sighed, “It is…”

The girl’s conversation was interrupted, “Jessica Jung?”

Jessica looked up to the person standing behind her, “Yea?”

“Here.” The person handed Jessica another envelope that looked to be similar to the one she received yesterday. She opened it and found another drawing that looked to be someone’s shoulder. Recognizing the picture was from the same sender as the last, Jessica quickly turned it over to find the note, “A hand gently brushed her porcelain skin.”

Yoona looked over to see the picture, “What is that?”

“I have no idea…”

 

 

Jessica returned home and crashed on her bed backwards. Her eyes went to the screen of her phone looking for a message from Taeyeon but there wasn’t one, “Do you really love me Taeyeon?” She quickly threw her phone away before sleep swept her away.

Jessica was awoken by the doorbell ringing so she quickly rolled herself out of her bed. She stopped by the door when she saw an envelope was pushed under her door, “Do I have a stalker?” Her finger glided under the seal to open up the envelope. This time was a drawing of lips, “Lips connect…” An idea came to Jessica’s mind so she quickly ran to her room and found a note.  She had a hunch that Taeyeon might behind these packages. However, when she looked at the note written by Taeyeon, the handwriting didn’t match, “Maybe her roommate wrote it for her? Or a classmate?” Doubts were going around her head but for once she was excited for tomorrow to see if another envelope would come.

 

 

Hyoyeon saw Jessica smiling after waking up the next morning, “So you and Taeyeon made up?”

“Nope.”

“What? You two are both so stubborn. I am ready to intervene!”

“Hyo it is our problem.” Jessica grabbed a piece of toast before heading out for class.

 

Jessica made it to class and was eager to see if something would be given to her but all day she received nothing. With a day of disappointment, Jessica walked back to her apartment lazily. As she opened the door she saw a familiar person on her couch, “Tae?”

Hyoyeon looked to see Jessica walking in, “Okay you two work it out.” The girls watched Hyoyeon leave before their eyes met again.

“Tae…”

“Jessica wait. Look at this before we talk,” Taeyeon interrupted and handed Jessica the envelope she was expecting all day.

Jessica opened it to see a pair of eyes drawn so she turned the drawing over, “Their eyes met and they both knew it was love...”

After Jessica put the paper down she saw Taeyeon inches away from her face. Taeyeon leaned in and kissed Jessica’s nose while her hand slipped over Jessica’s shoulder before her lips traveled down to capture Jessica’s in a soft connection. The two stared into each other’s eyes lovingly, “Forgive me?”

No words were needed when Jessica went to recapture her girlfriend’s soft and inviting lips. With both having a glistening tear of joy in the corner of their eyes, one would wonder if they ever had a real fight with the desire they were expressing towards one another.

 

~END~