Chapter 4

Submerged in a Twisted Musical

I leaned against the sofa in bewilderment, not knowing what to say. Hankyung fiddled with his fingers, letting an awkward silence fill the room.

 

“So what are you going to do?”

 

“I…I don’t know. I guess there’s no other choice than to stay here unless we get other orders from the Chairman.” I groaned in disgust. Hankyung stared questioningly at me.

 

“I have to suffer through more random music coming from you guys!” I cried sarcastically. Hankyung snorted and began laughing, pushing my shoulder.

 

“I already told the others to give you a break. Technically it’s going against orders…but whatever.” He shrugged it off. I glanced at him and smiled, despite myself.

 

“So it’s technically your day off.” I summed it in the best way I could. He plopped down on the couch and sighed.

 

“I guess it kind of is.” I went to sit next to him in the little space that was left on the couch and reached for a nearby book to read. I grumbled to myself when I reached for the glasses that weren’t there.

 

“Hold on.” I quickly went upstairs to grab my glasses so I could read in peace. When I returned downstairs, I found Hankyung huddled in the middle of the couch with the T.V. . I went back to my original spot and opened the book, soon finding myself submerged in the tiny black print on the leafy pages.

 

Somewhere in the middle of the book, a voice jerked me back into reality.

 

“You should wake him up.” Kyuhyun was standing in front of me in my room. I blinked and looked to my left to see Hankyung passed out on my shoulder.

 

“I didn’t even realize he was asleep.” I said stupidly. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow.

 

“How long has he been asleep?” I looked at my watch and looked back up at Kyuhyun, putting away my glasses.

 

“Umm…it’s only been around half an hour since I started reading…so I would say twenty minutes? Fifteen?” I estimated. Kyuhyun narrowed both his eyes at me.

 

“Are you sure it’s only been half an hour? Hankyung suffers from insomnia. He never really falls asleep that quickly.” I looked down at the tousled black hair and shrugged, making him twitch in his sleep in the process.

 

“I…I didn’t know that. But it has been about thirty minutes…” Kyuhyun shook his head, as if breaking a deep thought.

 

“Whatever. You really should wake him up.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Night Frights. It’s basically when a person-”

 

“Yeah I know. Hankyung told me.” I looked down at Hankyung once again, not really wanting to disturb him. It just felt wrong to wake up anybody in their sleep.

 

“It’s not that serious, but you have to comfort him back to sleep when he wakes up. He won’t remember anything until he falls back asleep again.” I almost whined. Almost. I’m not one for comforting other people.

 

“Comfort him how?” I asked incredulously. Kyuhyun shrugged easily.

 

“Any way you can. Don’t worry; Night Frights really aren’t that serious.” He tipped his hat forward and vanished, leaving me with many new thoughts. I didn’t really know what to do at that moment, so I just continued where I left off in the book, though I couldn’t really concentrate on the words anymore.

 

Before long, a slight trembling started to emit from Hankyung, sending tingles from my shoulder throughout my arm. I put the book away and stole a glance at him. His hands were twitching and his whole body was shaking. It was a little freaky, and I was almost going to shake him awake when he jumped up and out of his seat.

 

I was startled at the sudden movement and stared at him just standing in front of me.

 

“Um…Hankyung?” I asked unsurely, not knowing what was going to happen. His head flew around so fast I almost thought his neck was going to crack. His eyes showed that he was scared out of his mind, and I was pretty sure that he didn’t even recognize me. I made the mistake of attempting to stand up and I soon found myself pinned on the ground, my shoulder blades throbbing with slight pain. He really didn’t look to be

 

Hankyung was breathing shallowly above me, seeming confused.

 

“Who are you? Where am I? Who am I?” The words rushed out so fast in Chinese I almost didn’t catch them all. I racked my brain for the Chinese vocabulary that I had learned in college and was able to understand the gist of what he was saying.

 

“Hankyung, Hankyung calm down.” I grabbed his arms and forced us back into a sitting position. His eyes never left mine, and if I could put the look in his eyes into one word, it would be disturbing. It was almost as if he didn’t trust me, or more correctly, didn’t know me. I let go of him and stood up, offering a hand. He eyed it for a long time before standing up by himself. He’s still trembling like he did back on the couch. I thought. I didn’t give him a chance to completely stand up before pulling him into a tight hug.

 

Kyuhyun had said to comfort him in any way possible, and this was the first thing that came to mind. I loved hugs when I was a child, so I figured it was the best comfort that I could give him. His shivering was making my entire chest go numb. And at one sudden moment, all movement ceased. I was thinking about letting go when he inhaled sharply and grabbed my sides, burying his head into the space between my neck and shoulder, the shaking much more intense than before.

 

I was stunned at the sudden weight leaning against me, but I couldn’t get my thoughts straight, especially with the way he was breathing down my neck. The warm air on my neck was making my thoughts scatter, and his hands on my waist weren’t doing much to help. There was nothing else I could really do but stay in this position.

 

I ran my hands up and down his back, hoping that at least he would stop shaking like this. It worried me, and I hated to admit it to myself. I tensed when I felt his hands relax and travel lower to rest on my hips just when the shaking stopped. I felt his mouth move against my shoulder, sending vibrations down my spine.

 

“What’d you say?” I moved back a little so I could understand what he was saying.

 

“You’re so warm.” He mumbled drowsily. From this angle, I realized how tired he actually was all the time. I never saw those dark circles that were seemingly etched into his skin. I led him back to the couch where he slumped against my side and was unconscious in no time. I stared at him and placed an arm around his waist. I told myself it was just for protection.

 

It was an interesting experience to go through.

 

The next thing I saw was sunlight, and that was when I realized that I had fallen asleep on the couch. I attempted to sit up, but my arm was caught under something. I looked down through half-lidded eyes and saw a black head of hair. Hankyung had fallen asleep on my arm and was pressed up against the inner portion of the couch. I took some time as I adjusted to the sunlight to take in the position I was currently in.

 

I had stretched out on the couch, my legs dangling off the side of the couch. Hankyung was half on top of me with his legs hanging off the arm rest. His hands were rested on my stomach while he was snuggled against the leather material of the couch. His hat miraculously had stayed on his head throughout the night. My arm had found itself stuck under his weight, so I couldn’t get up unless I woke up Hankyung as well.

 

I reached down and poked his shoulder. He murmured something unintelligible and shifted so his head was nestled on to my chest. Now I was definitely fully awake. I gently lifted him so I could move to a more comfortable position, shaking some feeling back into my arm. His eyes flickered for a moment as he lazily looked up at me.

 

Within a blink of an eye, he was up and straightening his outfit.

 

“Oh my God I stayed here for the night and I forgot to report to the Chairman. Oh my God oh my God oh my God…” He said under his breath. I stared at him, not really understanding the big deal.

 

“Hankyung, calm down. Nothing’s going to-” Hankyung took off his hat and ran his fingers through his hair.

 

“I’ve got to go.”

 

“Hankyung wait-”

 

                I couldn’t even get in another word before he was gone with a gust of wind.

 

                He didn’t come back that day. Instead, someone else did. I saw him around Henry the few times that I had seen him, so at least I knew he was nice. He waved and smiled, immediately setting off a good impression for me.

 

                “Hankyung wanted me to come, since he said you liked his cooking…?” He shuffled his feet almost bashfully and fiddled with his fingers. I cracked a smile and examined him. He was short, had a slight hunch, and a voice that was fairly deep but had a feminine tone to it.

 

                “He seriously said that to you?” I crossed my arms, almost laughing at the thought. He nodded and chuckled a little.

 

                “I can cook something for you, if you’d like.” I was so unused to his timid personality; I felt like I was going to break him by moving towards him. He suddenly brightened up and raised his hands.

 

                “Oh, sorry! My name’s Ryeowook.” I nodded at the familiar name.

 

                “I know. I think Henry’s mentioned you a few times.” Ryeowook’s eyebrows raised in surprise, his face flushing a light pink.

 

                “He has, hasn’t he?” His voice was soft. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at him. He quickly turned around and headed towards the kitchen.

 

                “So is there anything specific you’d like?” I shook my head and the T.V.

 

                “No, I’m not very hungry. But actually…can you introduce me to the others?” It was a sudden request, but having Ryeowook there made me realize that I didn’t know the others as well as I knew Hankyung. Ryeowook smiled and gently touched his fingertips together.

 

                “Sure! Let me see who’s available right now.” He took out a phone and began dialing. I watched the moving screen and sighed peacefully. Out of nowhere, I heard two other voices talking in the room.

 

                “So you’re the famous Shi Yuan!” Hearing the accented voice, I had the urge to respond to him with Hankyung’s name.

 

                “Um…are you…are you speaking to me?” I asked uncertainly. The man nodded eagerly and smiled possibly the widest smile I’ve ever seen.

 

                “Hannie talks about you all the time!” The shorter man beside Ryeowook took his arm and pulled him back.

 

                “He really doesn’t, Siwon. Zhou Mi likes to exaggerate. A lot.” Zhou Mi shrugged and looked at the ceiling, spreading his arms out openly.

 

                “Maybe I do…but that’s okay, am I right?” I automatically made a brief description of him. I don’t know why, but he reminded me of that overexcited anime character in every anime. Tall with a nice hairstyle, and always with a bright personality radiating off of him. Only in this case, he had a hat to go along.

 

                “I’m Donghae.” The man standing next to Ryeowook smiled and waved. I could tell he had the same bubbly personality as Zhou Mi, but he was a little more…controlled.

 

                “I hear you like Hankyung’s cooking!” I mentally rolled my eyes but smiled anyways.

 

                “Is that all he said about me?” I asked sarcastically. Donghae peered thoughtfully at a wall and crossed his arms.

 

                “Well no…but I can’t seem to remember what he said at the moment.” As Donghae was thinking, I turned towards Zhou Mi.

 

                “So what is this about ‘Shi Yuan’?”

 

                “It’s what Han Geng calls you. I...thought that was your name?” Zhou Mi was hesitant. How interesting… I thought.

 

                “Well…it sounds similar. My name’s Siwon.”

 

“Oh my God a pet name! How adorable…” He cooed. Donghae was smiling to himself while horror spread across Ryeowook’s face. I could feel my eye twitch.

 

“I think you have the wrong idea-”

 

“Hannie was so smart in making one in Chinese than in Korean.” I’m pretty sure I now had a similar expression as Ryeowook at that point. I mentally willed him to stop, but he just kept going.

 

“Oh my God. If that’s a pet name then that means you two are dating>!” He exclaimed. Another eye twitch.

 

“Zhou Mi, I really think that you misunderstood-” He was like one of those snowballs in a cartoon that just kept barreling down a hill and never stopped until it hit something.

 

“Come to think of it, you two are so cute together since you both are so tall and-” He stopped momentarily and pulled out a vibrating phone. He flipped it open, giving me a moment to take in all that he just said.

 

“Sorry, the Chairman needs me for a duty. Bye!” I remained standing in place, even when there was no one in front of me.

 

“…I’m kind of scared of him now.” I breathed. Donghae laughed and patted my arm. I remained stunned and motionless.

 

“He’s kind of like this with everyone. He has absolutely no modesty.” I slowly placed my hands on my face, still in shock.

 

“I just asked about the name, and he thinks we’re dating? What the hell?!” I said to myself. Ryeowook waved a hand in my face.

 

“Don’t worry Siwon! He always jumps to conclusions. At least you took it better than Donghae over here.”

 

“Shush. He doesn’t need to know about that.” Donghae scolded. I broke out of my trance and sat down.

 

“Alright. Forgetting about Zhou Mi for a moment…” I said. Donghae exaggeratedly pointed to the kitchen and laughed.

 

“Let’s go cook lunch!” Ryeowook reached out and grabbed his arm. He cocked his head towards me and smiled.

 

“Never trust Donghae during cooking. You should leave that to either me or Hankyung.” Donghae pouted and followed Ryeowook obediently to the kitchen.

 

“You burn down one kitchen…” He muttered. I laughed and went along. I deserved some good food after…that.

 

I had gotten to know the both of them better after a good meal, so I was a bit lonely after they left. However, I only had to wait a few hours before Hankyung showed up in the living room. I looked up from the couch where I was surfing the internet. His face was expressionless as he came towards me. Hankyung stopped in front of me and showed me the screen of his phone.

 

It was a text from Zhou Mi.

 

Hannie!!! Oh my God you and Shi Yuan are SO cute! Tell me how your relationships going, ‘kay? EVERY. LAST. DETAIL. Bye-bye! ^^

 

“Can you please explain to me why we’re apparently dating right now?” I smirked and resumed looking through the news online.

 

“Ryeowook invited Donghae and Zhou Mi over. I asked about the name ‘Shi Yuan’ and then Zhou Mi started talking.” Hankyung stayed silent as if expecting me to go on.

 

“What? Isn’t it enough when I say ‘Zhou Mi started talking’?” Hankyung chuckled and put the phone away.

 

“Alright you’ve got a point there.” He sat down next to me and peered into the screen.

 

“What is with ‘Shi Yuan’ anyways? I never got an answer.” Hankyung laughed and shook his head.

 

“A Chinese translation of your name. That’s it. Forget whatever Zhou Mi said. It’s just that Chinese is easier for me to pronounce.” It sounded reasonable enough for me.

 

“Hey what’s that?” He pointed to a link of a restaurant.

 

“That’s a Korean barbeque buffet.”

 

“I’ve never tried it before.” I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

 

“You’re in Korea and you’ve never tried Korean barbeque? Oh God you need to get out more.” He smacked my shoulder and huffed, though nothing followed after that.

 

“How about we go out for dinner this time?” I suggested. “You’ve cooked for me so many times; this is my way in paying you back.”

 

“Now? Are you sure?”

 

“Well it’s almost time for dinner so why not?” I grabbed a jacket and headed for the door, but was stopped by Hankyung. He was bouncing on the balls of his feet with a giddy smile on his face.

 

“You want to try teleporting?” He purposely lowered his voice and widened his eyes. When I didn’t respond, he poked my ribs playfully. I grabbed his hand and faced him properly.

 

“I can actually do that?” He started bouncing faster on his feet and smiled.

 

“Sure. Come here.” He wrapped his long fingers around one hand and led me to the living room. He smirked and inclined his head, making the hat fall backwards a little.

 

It felt like I was being squeezed and stretched out, but it didn’t hurt at all like I thought it would have. The colors swirled into around me, making me temporarily lose sight of Hankyung, though I still felt his warm fingers around my hand. Then there was this one moment where my feet left the floor which left an airy feeling in my head.

 

It ended too soon in my opinion and I was in an alleyway with my breath literally taken away.

 

“So how was it?” Hankyung smiled brightly and cocked his head. His voice broke through the haze swimming in my head but failed to erase the dizziness.

 

“Pretty intense. And fun.” Hankyung chuckled and gave my hand a tight squeeze before letting go. He started walking out of the alleyway when a sudden thought occurred to me.

 

“So what was it that actually made me teleport with you? Because I don’t see what you did.” He stretched out his arms and put his hands against the back of his head, not stopping his calm walk.

 

“Oh all you have to do is hold hands. It’s the way energy flows from one person to the other.”

 

“And you couldn’t have just asked for my hand?” He stopped and gave me a sideways glance.

 

“Well now that’d be a bit awkward now wouldn’t it?” I smiled to myself and caught up with him.

 

After we got there, I couldn’t help but laugh when all he did was stare intently at the built in grill in the table. He rested his head against a fist as if it was the first one he ever saw. Though it probably is, I pondered.

 

“Come on.” I pulled him out of his seat, handing him a plate as I passed the buffet table. He seemed surprised at all the raw meat in front of him.

 

“Your pick.” He didn’t give me much attention before he brightened up at the sight of pork.

 

“Oh my God spicy pork…” He breathed. I laughed and was about to follow him when my phone vibrated. I pulled it out and saw a text from Taeyeon.

 

Hey! I was thinking…do you wanna go out for ice cream later tonight? :)

 

I stared at the screen and looked back up at Hankyung who was hungrily eyeing all the meat. I could still have time afterwards to meet up with Taeyeon. I glanced back up to Hankyung again and smiled wryly at his plate stacked with meat. My thumb hovered over the “Delete” button. I really didn’t know how to reply to this text. After thinking it over, I sighed and guiltily flipped open the phone to text back.

 

I’m not sure. I already made plans and im not sure how long it’ll run into the night. Sorry, I’ll get back to u later.

 

I hit “Send” and placed the phone back into my pocket. I went to stand next to Hankyung who whipped around quickly and smiled at me.

 

“I’m done. You need anything?”

 

“Nah, I’ll just pick from this plate.” Hankyung pouted and hid the plate behind his back.

 

“Tch, this plate’s all mine.”

 

“Pig.” Hankyung snorted and went back to the table. I slid into the seat across him and placed the raw meat on to the grill. I noticed Hankyung fling back in surprise at the loud sizzling sound that occurred. I chuckled and watched him stare at the grill in fascination. He rested his head on both hands and inhaled. I noticed his chest rise and fall as he smelled the cooking meat. His eyes flickered up for a moment and he turned away, blushing.

 

“Am I honestly that amusing to watch?”

 

“Yes.” I answered without thinking. He suppressed a laugh as I tried to correct myself. He waved a hand and shook his head.

 

“Don’t bother. I get what you mean.” He picked up his chopsticks and carefully flipped over the meat, humming appreciatively when it was done. He chewed thoughtfully and turned towards me. He swallowed and smiled.

 

“You haven’t even eaten yet. Come on.” Before I knew it, a small piece of meat was in front of me, held by a pair of chopsticks. The chopsticks blurred in my vision as I focused on the hand holding the chopsticks, and the person which that hand belonged to. I kind of didn’t believe that he would do this, so I just continued staring stupidly at him.

 

“Siwon, just do it before my arm bursts into flames, alright?” Hankyung joked. I noticed what he meant since his arm was hanging over the grill. I hesitantly leaned forward and slowly took it between my teeth. Satisfied, Hankyung leaned back into his chair. I couldn’t really pay attention to the taste since my mind remained on the slightly intimate gesture. But all thoughts escaped my mind and were replaced by Hankyung’s comments of how tasty the barbeque was.

 

On the way out, I snagged two fortune cookies in the box in the corner and threw one towards Hankyung. He stared at it and opened the wrapper.

 

“I didn’t know Korean restaurants had fortune cookies.”

 

“They don’t. But I have a friend who works here every Saturday. He complained that there were no desserts here, so he keeps a box of fortune cookies in the corner for free taking. It’s just that no one happens to see it.”

 

I cracked open the cookie and pulled out the tiny white paper. I unrolled it and read over the small lettering:

 

You’ll soon realize what you have long been looking for.

 

My forehead scrunched up in confusion at the philosophical words. I wrapped it in half over and over until it was a miniscule square and stuffed it into the bottom of my jacket pocket. I never believed those fancy messages anyways.

 

“So what did your fortune say?” I turned to see Hankyung blindly walking forward while staring at the unraveled piece of paper, completely oblivious to the pole coming up in front of him. I reached out and pulled him against me just in time to avoid the pole.

 

“You almost walked into a pole Hankyung.” I said flatly. He laughed nervously and pulled away.

 

“Sorry. I wasn’t watching where I was going.” He mumbled.

 

“I figured. So what did your fortune say?” I repeated. He handed me the paper and heaved a relaxed sigh.

 

“Fortunes are stupid anyways.” He said, nibbling on the cookie. I popped my own fortune cookie into my mouth and laid eyes on the interesting two words on the paper:

 

Unrequited love.

 

Hankyung snatched the small paper again and ripped it in half, throwing it behind his shoulder. I couldn’t even question him about it before he launched into some random topic that I didn’t understand. I tuned out after he moved on to another topic as we meandered through the bustling streets of Seoul. There was only one time where he shut up when somebody pushed him out of the way as he ran past us. I laughed to myself when he muttered something in Chinese to himself before he slipped a hand into the crook of my arm to stick close with me and continued rambling.

 

I shot a questioning look at him, but he didn’t seem to notice, or much less care since he didn’t stop talking. The way his hand clenched onto my wrist reminded me of the way he clung on to my hips that one time he stayed over at my house. Seeking comfort, bordering on the edge of being scared.

 

There was some loud yelling and cursing as a truck sped by, followed by three police cars. Hankyung raised a hand to block the wind rushing into his face and crossed the street.

 

“It’s amazing how attractive a city is when in fact there’s so much danger.” He pointed out. All of a sudden, we both heard his name being called by two figures. Recognition showed in his face as the two guys came closer. He retracted his hand and stepped away from me. I soon saw why he did that in a second.

 

“Han Geng!” Zhou Mi’s voice carried through to us over the loud noise of the crowd. Why, I mused, do I have a bad feeling about this? The man walking next to him was Kyuhyun, someone I didn’t really know.

 

As they neared, Zhou Mi and Hankyung began a heated conversation in Chinese. The rapid Chinese flew right over my head, so I turned to Kyuhyun. I just prayed that he wasn’t like Zhou Mi.

 

“Hey.” He nodded his head to me and smiled a little. I replied by waving to him. He shifted his eyes towards the other two for a moment and looked back at me too.

 

“Yeah. I get lost too when they get into these kind of conversations.” He mused and smirked. Zhou Mi stopped talking and smiled brightly. I half wished that he wouldn’t say anything about me and Hankyung.

 

“Say, do you guys want to go and get dessert with us? Kyuhyun and I were just going to this amazing frozen yogurt place!” I was about to say yes when my mind flitted briefly to Taeyeon. I bit my lip guiltily and stared at my pocket where my phone was resting. Well, I slowly took out my phone and flipped it open. I guess she won’t mind me not being with her for one night… I sent a quick text and closed it, returning it back into my pocket.

 

“Sure.” I nodded uneasily to Zhou Mi. His eyes lit up and his smile got bigger, if that was possible.

 

“I guess that means you’re in too.” Zhou Mi grabbed both of Hankyung’s wrists and tugged him along.

 

“Wait, maybe I-” He was cut off as Zhou Mi began blabbering. Hankyung shot a pleading glance at me over his shoulder. I laughed and called out Zhou Mi’s name. When he let go, relief washed over Hankyung’s face.

 

“Go ahead first. We’ll catch up later. Kyuhyun can show me the way.” I called. He shot a death glare at me as he was lugged forward again by an ecstatic Zhou Mi.

 

“Nice one.” Kyuhyun laughed.  I shrugged.

 

“Are you…dating Zhou Mi?” I hesitantly asked. Kyuhyun widened his eyes and shook his head quickly.

 

“No! Of course not! Why would you even think that?”

 

“It’s just that you seem to be…not annoyed by him?” Kyuhyun burst into laughter.

 

“I’m used to it. We knew each other right from the beginning. And to be honest, he wasn’t always like this.”

 

“…That’s kind of hard to believe.” Kyuhyun smiled and shrugged.

 

“Really, he wasn’t. It was only about a year ago when he started to get all hyper.” Kyuhyun opened the door to the ice cream parlor. I really couldn’t believe that Zhou Mi could have been calmer than he was now.

 

Zhou Mi’s voice hit me before the ice cream smell did. Poor Hankyung was sitting across from him with a blank look on his face while Zhou Mi blabbered on and on and on. His head lolled towards the door when he heard it open. I couldn’t help but chuckle when I saw his eyes widen as he straightened in relief.

 

“Siwon! Kyuhyun!” He bounded out of his chair and stood in front of us, a bright smile on his face. “You don’t know how glad I am to see you two.” He added under his breath.

 

“Kui Xian!” Zhou Mi bounded over with two cups of ice cream in his hands. “I bought ice cream for you guys.” He called out, handing a cup to Kyuhyun and pushing one into my hands. I was about to thank him when I realized that there were two spoons in my cup.

 

“…Zhou Mi?” The silent question was enough to have Zhou Mi tilt his head and explain.

 

“Well I didn’t think you guys would mind sharing since you two are-”

 

“Don’t.” Hankyung interrupted. Kyuhyun let out a short laugh and turned around, busying his mouth with a spoonful of ice cream. I sighed, switching the cup into my other hand. Hankyung took one look at it and made a grab for it, smiling gleefully.

 

“Well if you’re not going to eat it, then I’m not letting this go to waste.” I widened my eyes when I realized that it had been taken from my hands.

 

“Wait! Hey! I never said I wasn’t going to eat it!” Hankyung hopped out the door with a joyful leap in his step. I grabbed his arm, forcing him to turn around. He laughed, already eating the ice cream.

 

“You’re acting like a kid!” I playfully reached for the cup and stuck out the tip of my tongue.

 

“It’s ice cream. I can act like a kid when it comes to ice cream.” I joked. With one spoon still in his mouth, he took the other spoon and held it in front of my face.

 

“So I take it you don’t mind sharing.” I smiled and took the spoon from his hand, relishing the cold sweetness of the ice cream.

 

“I never said I didn’t.” I replied. In the midst of our conversation, I completely missed the conversation that was going on inside.

 

~*~

 

“Please tell me I’m not the only one who sees that.” Zhou Mi gestured helplessly through the clear window. Kyuhyun smiled a little and shrugged.

 

“Eh…I don’t know.” Zhou Mi crossed his arms stubbornly.

 

“Please, Kui Xian. I know for a fact that you are with Han Geng the most out of all of us. And I also know that you know that Geng hasn’t been this happy in a long, long time.” Kyuhyun didn’t even try to hide his surprised expression.

 

“How would you know?” Kyuhyun asked interestedly. Zhou Mi smirked and tipped his hat.

 

“I’m a people person.” He answered simply, watching with a knowing gaze at the way Hankyung affectionately touched his shoulder which quickly changed to a friendly punch. Zhou Mi smirked again to himself and sat down with Kyuhyun at an empty table. 

 

"Zhou Mi, you know you can be...overexcited about the smallest of things." Kyuhyun sighed, taking another spoonful of ice cream. Zhou Mi didn't say anything except stare blankly into space. He was firm with all of his beliefs, and what Kyuhyun didn't know was that his gut feeling almost always came out true.