Saenggil Chukahae

Snapshots

A small-shouldered man sighed as he slumped down on the bed, his head sinking into the soft pillow underneath. Only the sound of the airconditioner and the soft snores from Donghae was heard in the still night. He checked his phone again for any messages but there is none. He sighed once again. It's almost midnight and yet his phone isn't buzzing alive with the text message he's expecting.

He knew he shouldn't be nervous, she had done this for 15 consecutive years ever since they first became best friends, but he couldn't help it. Every single text message and every single call never ceased to make his heart beat so fast.

 

 

 

Every single day I try

 

Jeongmal gaeoui da wass-eo

 

 

 

Without even letting the song progress into the next lines, he immediately picked up his cellphone with a grin and opened the text message he received.

 

 

 

From: Taengoo

 

12:02 am

 

Teukkie-oppa! Saenggil Chukahae! :)

 

Are you surprised? Kekeke. Yoona says she might not be able to give you a call tonight since her schedule is tightly packed and her drama filming is up until 3 in the morning. Anyways, she sends her regards. So Nyuh Shi Dae too. Saenggil Chukahae! :)

 

 

 

As quickly as it lit up his face, Leeteuk's smile slipped and his face became gloomy once more. He was glad that at least, Taeyeon was able to send him a text message giving him her birthday greetings. But still, the one he is expecting to at least call or text didn't do so. After all, she's always the first to call him every time his birthday came up. For fifteen consecutive years. Perhaps things now aren't the same as they were before.

 

 

 

hanbondo nan norul ichubon jogopso
ojik kudae-manul saenggakhan-neun-gol
kuron nonun mwoya nal ijutdon-goya
chigum nae-nuneson nunmulhallo pae-shin-gam

 

 

 

His cellphone now blared his ringtone and he lazily looked at the screen. Then, upon seeing the name of the caller, he bolted up from his position on the bed and immediately accepted the call.

 

"YOONA-YAH!" He shouted, but not too loud that Donghae would wake up.

 

"Saenggil chukahamnida, saenggil chukahamnida, saranghaneun Leeteukkie~ . . . saenggil chukahamnida!" Yoona sang on the other line and Leeteuk could only laugh. Hearing Yoona sing is one thing, but have her sing with her aegyo voice? Well, that one never ceased to amuse him.

 

"Saenggil chukahamnida, ajusshi!" she giggled and he suddenly pouted.

 

"Yah! Stop calling me that! Or else I won't forgive you for not being the first one to greet me a happy birthday!"

 

"Ohoho, as I expected! You fell for it!" Yoona smugly stated, and from the tone of her voice, he knew that she is smiling proudly right now.

 

". . . Eh?" he uttered, confusion taking over him for a moment.

 

"Aish, oppa, you really think that I would let someone else take my place as the first person who greets you on your birthday? Huh, andwae!" she bragged and He could only puff up his cheeks in amusement.

 

"So . . . basically, you stole your unnie's phone and pretended to be her," he guessed, finally getting the picture.

 

"Uh-huh. Now you're getting smarter, oppa. I guess ajusshis really become wiser as they age," she laughed.

 

"So . . . you're not really filming your latest drama now?" he clarified.

 

"Filming's only from Monday to Friday. My weekends are free~" she gleefully replied.

 

"Im Yoona, you're really something, huh," he grinned.

 

"Yah, you should know that by now. I'm the one and only Im Yoona!" Yoona said cheerfully and Leeteuk cheered along with her.

 

"Chukahae, you succeeded in your mission," he said as he leaned against the wall beside his bed. 

 

"Hush, Teukkie-oppa, let me start with my speech. I prepared this especially because you're getting older," she immediately said and Leeteuk could only smile in amusement as she cleared . Now this is something new. During his past birthdays, she would only greet him and sing him the happy birthday song then they would chat a bit afterwards. But now she got a speech at hand? Now that's something.

 

"Leeteukkie-oppa, saenggil chukahae! You're almost in your mid-thirties now, but why do you still look so young? Eyy, you're taking up my advice on how to take care of your skin, right? Right? Kekeke. I wish you all the best, oppa, both in your career as part of Super Junior and in your personal life. I never told you this before but . . . you're my idol."

 

Leeteuk's eyebrows shot up his forehead. He was about to interrupt before remembering her warning, and he pursed his lips as she continued. Better not encounter an angry Yoona on his birthday.

 

On the other line, said girl laughed softly. "You debuted two years before us and in those two years, I was already looking up to you. You together with the other SuJu  oppas endured the hardships we encountered during our trainee days and it amazes me that you debuted succesfully. You're a strong person, oppa, and that's one of the traits that I admire about you. Remember those times when I always called you at night? Heh, that's because I know that you're the best person to help me. You're my best friend and you're my idol, so what better reason should I come up with? Keke. And I never regretted my decision. You're always there for me when I needed you and words can't express how much I'm grateful to you. You always said that I'll become a star someday and I took comfort in those words. When I debuted, you're so proud of me, maknae and unnies and said that I owe you for all those sleepless nights you spent talking to me. At that time, I just brushed you off. But you know what? I DO owe you. Because you stood by my side always.

 

I thought when our groups debuted, you won't have time to listen to your best friend's problems. But thankfully, I was wrong, you're still a phone call or a ride away whenever I needed you. And then, our M.I.L.K Club was formed. Remember that time after your schedules, at the cafe near your dorms, where you, Taengoo-unnie and I all met up together to share our sorrows? And because I'm still underaged, you guys were forced to drink milk tea instead of soju keke. People might think that our group name started off randomly but it actually came from that, and then you just created an acronym so it would be more interesting keke."

 

At this, through the tears that began to pool in his eyes, he laughed softly. True, they called their small clique the M.I.L.K Club because of the milk tea incident, but to make it more interesting, he thought of an acronym for the name; Made ILovely Kin.

 

"The three of us, along with Micky-oppa and Jinki-ah confided to each other our . . . our problems and although back on those days is a very dark time for us, I'm happy. Because I have friends like all of you. Teukkie-oppa . . . you know I don't have a mother, right? But you know, ever since I met you, it seems like I did not only gain a friend, but - as weird as it sounds since you're a guy - a mother as well. Consider that a compliment, huh! Keke. And I consider myself a very lucky person to have you. You're indeed an angel, oppa, and all of us; your friends, your family, your members, yuor hoobaes, sunbaes and ELFs, are very lucky to have you. Though I'm sure that you know that by now."

 

Leeteuk could only smile as tears slowly fell down his face. He is after all, a very sensitive person and Yoona's words did not help this side of him at all. Her words touched his heart deeply that it would be impossible for him to not cry.

 

"How many years has it been since we first met? Hmm, fifteen? Ahh, chinja I can't believe it. These past fifteen years are a blast, especially since both of our groups are very successfull. I look forward to many more years of our friendship, oppa! And I hope you'll live up to a hundred years. I also hope that SuJu would be even more successfull in the future. Send me your latest album, arasseo?" Yoona said, saying the last sentence in an imitation of Teacher Kang's voice.

 

When silence only greeted the younger idol, she spoke up again. "Yah yah yah, why aren't you answering?"

 

"You told me to shut up since you're going to start your speech!" Leeteuk defended himself. 

 

 "Aish, arasseo arasseo, my speech is done, you can speak now. Anyways, you better sleep now! Ajusshis have weaker bodies than younger people so you might get sick if you don't get up to eight hours of sleep," she huffed.

 

"Says the girl who has killer schedules," he snorted, "and yah! You're also nearing your thirties! You're going to be an ajumma!"

 

"Andwae! only Taeng-unnie could claim up that title," she pointed out, laughing a little.

 

"Come to think of it, you're at the legal age to marry," Leeteuk suddenly smirked, "Yah, Yoong, when we were still trainees, didn't you say that you're going to marry me?"

 

"Mwo?" she said, then laughed. He can't blame her, after all, it became a practical joke between the two of them, but that didn't stop the small prickling feeling he suddenly began to feel in his chest.

 

"Yah yah, I'm still young. Give me ten more years to think about it," she joked.

 

"Eyy," he sighed teasingly, "at that time I'll really become an ajusshi. You have to marry me while I'm still young, ppali!"

 

"Aish, this leader," she teased, "anyways, oppa, I'm serious that you need to sleep now. I'm pretty sure that you're going to party hard in a few hours, considering that I have witnessed the parties SuJu oppas have thrown you these past few years. And I also need to sleep now, mianhae!"

 

"Arasseo, umma," he joked, "Yoong, kamsahamnida. You don't know how much your words touched oppa. In fact, I should be the one thanking you."

 

They both shared a moment of comfortable silence as both parties smiled. Then Yoona replied softly, "Save your own speech for my birthday, oppa. You should be happy today, and not sad."

 

A beat passed before, "Saenggil chukahamnida, saenggil chukahamnida, saranghaneun Jungsoo-yah~ saenggil chukahamnida!"

 

This time, instead of using her aegyo voice, Yoona sang the song with her normal, sweet tone that left Leeteuk smiling widely. He had always known that Yoona has a beautiful voice, but all those hate comments had gotten to her. It's just good to know that she's returning back to her cheerful, confident self. The Im Yoona that he knows and loves. It just that those pure platonic feelings he felt for her before turned into something more.

 

"You just can't get enough of the Happy Birthday song, can't you?" he grinned. He could almost picture her shrugging her slender shoulders before she spoke.

 

"Apparently not," she replied.

 

"Good night Yoong. Kamsahamnida," he whispered.

 

"Good night, oppa. Saenggil chukahae! Saranghaeyo~" Yoona cheerfully greeted one last time before the call ended. Leeteuk felt himself fall back down on the bed as soon as the line went dead. It was no uncommon thing to them to say those words to one another but this time around, those last words . . . those words she uttered sent his heart beating like crazy.

 

He sighed. When did it even start? As far as he knew, Yoona always had been the little sister he never had. At least, that was until he felt something more. Heck, he even declared that she is his ideal type on national TV. But he knew it's wrong. He, for one, knows that she would never see him in the same light, unlike how she views a certain roommate of his. Sometimes it's pretty scary how well he knew her. And sometimes it hurts, just like how he noticed that she started acting differently everytime she's around a certain fishy member of Super Junior.

He pinched the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes. Their inside joke about his proposal to her started off as merely a tease, but as time went by, he found himself wishing it to become true. But even if it is his birthday, he guessed that fate wouldn't grant him that wish.

Leeteuk chuckled a tad bitterly as Donghae snored softly. 

Because her heart belongs to someone else.

"Aish, that girl will be the death of me," he muttered with a small smile before settling into a peaceful slumber.

 


 

A/N: Okay, so this chapter might be a little out of sorts, there are just a lot of ideas that I wanna incorporate into this chapter! Keke. xD

But it turned out okay . . . I guess. As you guys might have observed, I just can't get enough of these two best friends' inside joke of the "arranged marriage" Teukkie planned for both of them. Ughh they're just too cute for their own good ♥

Anyways, I'm planning a Kyuhyun/Yoona oneshot up for the next chapter, or a YoonTaeTeuk (the explanation of the MILK Club xD) one. I changed my mind, this is not going to be just a oneshot, this is going to be a SERIES of oneshots concerning mainly on SuperYoong (Super Junior x Yoona) but will also feature different SNSD members.

But since Yoona is my bias in SNSD, she will mostly be the one featured hehe. ^^"

Hope you guys would comment! Comments are my energy pills lol. Please tell me what you think! :)