Street Lamp II

Street Lamp

I stretched my body to the limit. I looked around my room and I’m glad it’s still organized like yesterday or my mother would split me into half. I think both of woman I love were scary and intimidating.

Right, I forgot to call her! It’s become a routine to call her every morning after I woke up. She seems doesn’t mind. I guess.

I searched for my phone but it’s nowhere at the usual place. , did I throw it somewhere while I was asleep? Not giving up, I rummaging through my drawer and it was hiding under a pile of papers. It must be that 8 years old brat who loved to sneak into my room!

After dialling her number, I’m waiting patiently for her to pick up. My face can’t stop grinning when imagined her voice from the other line. She always said ‘Yes?’ in y voice – you know, after waking up. And my stomach is doing somersault right now.

Hurm… no one answered my call except the voicemail. Where is she?

I tried again and got the same answer over and over again. I think I’ve been dialling her number for twelfth time. Seohyun, where are you? Pick up the phone, will ya? But this time, someone did answered.

Yes!

I cleared up my throat first. “Seo – seohyun? Are you okay? Why didn’t you picked up the phone? I thought that you have gone somewhere.”

A silent echoing. I started to panic when…

“Idiot! ert! Reckless! Big-headed! Do you know what time is it? Why the hell are you calling me at the early of morning?” Her voice sound rough but her tone is raising too high that I’m afraid it could affected my eardrum.

“You don’t have to call me ert!” I snapped back when I realized something.

Eh, early of morning? I’m pretty sure it was 9… oh. It’s 6 in the morning. No wonder she didn’t answered my call. She’s annoyed. He he.

I let out a nervous laugh. “Well – well, you see, I thought I saw number 9 on my digital clock – “ I tried to explain but she already beat me to it.

“Then called me in appropriate time, old man!” Then, she hung up abruptly.

I looked at my phone with disbelief look. I let out a long sigh as I get up from bed and tidied up. Since the room is dark, I pulled away the curtain. Despite it’s still 6, many people were already getting up and get ready to head somewhere.

Since I’m up, I head to downstairs and found my little cousin who is staying at my house for a while since his parents went overseas for work. His parents were very strict and not allowed him to go with them. Thus, he continue to study here while waiting for them to get back here.

In front of other people, he was the sweet young boy but completely changed when he was in front of me. Chameleon.

Since my mother is visited my grandparents at the countryside, she left me to took care of him while she’s gone. He ruined my soon-to-be-date with Seohyun later. Should I confined him in the basement?

He was still snoring on the sofa with a comic book on his chest. I took a closer look and it was Black Butler manga that I collected in my room. How or when did he get this? I should set a password to access my room or who knows what might he did in my room.

I turned my back and went to the kitchen. I pulled the fridge and see what can I make for breakfast. A tray of egg, mayonnaise and cheddar cheese. I could feel a smile on my face as I took the ingredients out.

“Omelette.” His voice startled me and I almost slipped the egg from grasp. I shot a deathly glare towards the brat who seems unfazed with me.

“What?”

“Omelette. You’re making omelette.” He said it again.

“So? No portion for you.” I make a smug face but he smirked. For once I thought, he will be never a normal person.

“I will tell Seohyun noona that you’re bullied me. Humph!” He threatened me.

Wait, how did he knew her? I never told her about him and I don’t think they have ever meet before. I should interrogate her later.

“How do you know her, brat? Did you accessed my phone again?” He nods without feeling any guilty. This brat!

“We’ve already met before, hyung. She is nice and beautiful too. I have to admit, she is different from any female I’ve encounter. You’re lucky to have her but careless mistake, I will snatch her from you.” He grinned wickedly.

I clenched my teeth with frustration. Don’t tell me I’m jealous over this brat? Luhan, took a deep breath because this brat is only trying to mess with you. Be cool and sensible. He’s only 8 years old for Heaven’s sake.

“She’s my tutor.” His next words caused me to gasp. I cocked my head towards him with confusion on my face. Since when she was having part-time to be a tutor? I don’t recalled she ever told me about it.

He continued. “I’m her younger brother’s classmate, hyung. Geez, you’re her boyfriend but you didn’t know about this little fact? Tch. I don’t know what Seohyun noona find attractive traits in you. Pretty sure I can defeated you by all mean.” He said in a smug look.

Oh, I wish I could tore off that smug face of him! There’s no way I’ll handing Seohyun to anyone else. She’s mine and mine only! You heard that brat?!

“What is wrong with your face, hyung? Had a stomach-ache this morning? Come on! I’m hungry and later, I have a tutoring with noona. I need to prepare myself with sudden questions from her.”

I almost dropped a pan when I heard that. “What – what did you just said?”

“Huh?”

“Before this, what did you just said?” I – I misheard that, right?

“I have a tutoring with noona later. What? Is that a sin?”

. I really wanted to call her right now but glancing at the clock on the wall, it’s still early to call her. Luhan, calm down. Calm down so you won’t let down your guard any minute now. But seeing a smirk on his face, I wish I could tore that evil smile on his face right away.


I tapped my fingers on the table for nth time now as my eyes couldn’t stop from gazing at the lady who is sitting in front of me like I was invisible. Is she mad because of this morning or she really doesn’t have any mood to talk with me.

But – but that genuine smile when speaking to these boys was rarely seen around me. Her delicate finger when pointing at mistake one of them made and wrote a new one so he could copied. Those pair of eyes which seems to glint each time whenever one of them got the right answer. I wish I could be those boys, though.

Today she seems to look a bit feminine with a long-sleeved pink T-shirt with a dark blue jeans which hugging her long legs nicely. She wore a white hair band and letting her hair free against her shoulder. Oh, my pretty Seohyun! How I wish you knew what is going on my mind right now.

Too bad you were wearing jeans. If you were wearing skirt, my nose might be bleeding so hard.

That’s when her gazed fall on me which had me caught off guard. Shoot! I might looked like a crazy guy jealous over these little boys. I straightened my back and stare back at her with a question look on my face.

“What?”

“These kids were hungry. Would you mind buying them something? After all, we’re at McDonald.” She smirked.

I frowned. “Are you trying to make a joke, Seohyun? Because it wasn’t funny. At all.” I spite back.

“What are you so mad about?”

“Nothing that concerning you.”

God, I’m jealous, frustrated, annoyed, irritated, bored and mad! Today was supposed to be a date.

A date where a couple hang out with each other. Going somewhere quiet or frantic with people. Holding hand or hugging when no one saw. Wait, kissing like there is no day after tomorrow when no one saw. I swear I looked like a ert right now. I already planned what to do during day and at night but –

BUT she is tutoring these boys instead going out with me. She showed her other side that she’s unwilling to show it to me despite I’m her BOYFRIEND! You heard me, Seohyun! I’m your freaking boyfriend. Of course, I couldn’t said ing boyfriend right? It looks so low.

Got it? Never mind. Continue.

She didn’t replied anything but staring down at her notebook. The boys were oblivious with our argument since they were too engrossed in finishing their homework. Her body is still static and doesn’t move at all; worried me again and again.

But I have ego. Wait, screw that!

Neither did I said anything but I get up with a small grunt as I head towards the oh-so long line. I had to wait after 5 people in front of me before it was my turn. I glanced at my wristwatch and it showed 12.30 a.m. No wonder she asked me to buy lunch. It’s already noon and the boys must pretty hungry.

Mental note to myself; don’t get over jealous with 8 years old kid and asked for her forgiveness after this. Hn.

The server who is taking my order is around my age, I guess. His baby face seems to hide his real age but what makes him particular is a friendly smile on his face despite he attended numerous of customers before me.

“May I take your order, sir?” He said in genuine voice. Remind me of Sunny noona; a senior at my school.

I smile back. “Let see, I would like two kids set meal and two Big n Tasty. Medium size, please.”

“For kids meal, do you want to change Coke to any other beverage or leave it like that?”

I smirk but hurriedly wipe it off from my face. No matter how mad I am towards them, there’s no way I would pull a prank on them. Not until they reached their puberty. Ha ha ha!

“Changed them to blackcurrant juice. I don’t think the kids preferred carbonated drink, right?” I slightly joke; tempting to make him laugh and I did.

He chuckles a bit before pressed on something on the screen. “My brother also didn’t like carbonated drink. Well, your total is…”

I took out my wallet and gives him the required money. He gave me the changes and ushered me to wait for a while. Once again, I tapped my finger on the counter table and throw a bored glance towards the table which preoccupied by a young lady and two boys. I can’t help but smiling but slowly turned into a frown when I saw a group of young men flirted with her. The boys were trying their best to protect her.

I hate this situation when I was at the wrong place. I glanced at the server and he is still making my order. I throw a deathly glare towards that table but failed miserably when they didn’t saw it. But her eyes – yes, her eyes seems pleading for someone to help her out.

Darn it! I was about to hit them when he placed the last meal on my tray and thanked me for waiting in patience. I nod a bit before quicken my pace towards them. I placed the tray with a loud of thud and thank goodness, the drink didn’t spilled.

Or I will be killed by her despite the chaos is happened just now.

Back to the situation. I looked at them with not-so-amusing look and their height is almost same as mine so I didn’t have to craned my head to see them. And it will be good if they were shorter than me so I could look down at them with smug look.

One of them broke the silence. “And who are you? Her brother? Mind if you asked her whether she would love to hang out with me? It will be fun I guarantee you.” He snickered; receiving a snort from a whole group and Seohyun’s cheek is red from embarrassment.

How dare they looked down on my girl – wait, I have an idea.

“I wonder if my father-in-law would be happy if he heard that his daughter was getting abused from a bunch of kids like you. He is sure will whipped your until you called out your mother for help.” I said in firm voice; restraining myself from punching their face.

“Fa – father-in-law? You’re already married?”

“You mean she is your wife?” His face looked surprised and even surprised when I nod with smug look.

“Any problem with that, kid?”

“But she looks young!”

“Why thank you for compliment my wife look that young. Is it a problem for us to hang out at McDonald? You guys were a nuisance to my family since my wife is teaching my kids here. You’re showing bad example to them.” I said while looking at them with disturbed look.

But they were still standing like a statue. I reached my limit! “Why are you still standing here? Scram!” I raised a bit my voice and they quickly accepted the warning before lost from our sight.

I lets out a relieved sigh as I leaned my back against the leather chair. That was close! If they ever lay their hand on anyone of them, I will killed them with bare hand. Trust me when I said that.

I looked at three person in front of me with bewildered look especially my cousin who seems to feel awed at the action I did just now. Instead of bragging my action just now, I placed the kids meal in front of those boys with relaxed look.

Then, I placed Big n Tasty in front of her. “I don’t know what you want to eat so I buy you as the same as mine. Kids, eat your meal first. Put your homework aside.” I ordered them and they obliged without saying any words.

What? Cat got their tongue? I really didn’t like this quiet atmosphere. Damn, can any one of you talk? I felt guilty showered myself. That’s when I saw her eyes softened when she staring at me.

“Thanks.” She muttered sheepishly as she open the box of her meal. Her cheek is still reddened which I assumed was blushing.

Oh, man! She makes me feel more embarrassing than ever. She looked kind of cute underneath her cold and studious personality. I felt glad that she still had a feminine side of her. Adding more reasons why I love her so much!

My, my cheek is turning red too. God, hormone!

“Yo – you’re welcome. Hey, kids! When you’re grown up, don’t be like that punk. You’re just ruining the social class although you’re trying to be rebel. After this, let us head to amusement park. I feel bored sitting here a whole day; studying.” I complaint.

“Sure, hyung.” Her younger brother smiles at me; showing me thumb up sign. I grinned at him back.

“Say a person who claimed first place for every exam.” She muttered and took a bite of her burger.

My cousin and her younger brother looked at me with disbelief look. “Seriously? First place? I thought you aren’t the type of studying for exam.”

“Hyung, I never saw you studying before!” My cousin said.

“Urgh! What do you think I am? A person who is always cheat in exam?” Both of them nodded and I had to slap my forehead with a loud grunt.

“I’m not that bad to cheat!”

“How come you’re even in relationship with Seohyun noona anyway? Your clumsy, love to pick fight personality is contrast with her personality. I can’t believe it.” My cousin whimpered.

“Hey, that’s what you called opposite attract!” Both of them were searching for every point to bring out my weakness but I dodge it with flawless. I’m called Luhan for nothing. Hn.

Even though we were busy arguing, I looked at her with side glance. I swear I saw her laughing silently as she finished her burger. She shoved a few French fries into while eyeing us with interested look.

I shifted my gaze from the kids towards her. I watched her as she munched her French fries silently and wipe her finger on the tissue. She grabbed her pencil to write something and ushered the boys to eat fast so they could continue.

I really want to hold her hand, felt her tremble fingers against mine whenever we got back from school. Or giving her back hug to see her flustered expression. I want to do that; desperately.

But it’s not that bad having the boys with us. It’s more like we’re a family where I act as a husband and she is my wife. Her younger brother face is resemble her and my cousin has a similar hair style like me. We’re perfect happy family, aren’t we? He he he.

A whack.

“What the?” I looked up to see her crossed her hand against her chest. Her left hand is holding a pencil. Probably used to hit my head.

“Can you stop daydreaming, Luhan? Your cousin is asking your help to calculate this question.”

I my lower lips. “Can’t you show him the solution?” I asked; grabbing his pencil to write the solution when I noticed a tint of red on her cheek.

Slowly, the sneaky grin appeared on my face almost like Cheshire grin. “You don’t get the answer, eh?” I laughed and showed him how to get this answer.

“Shut up! Everyone has their own flaw, okay?” She puffed her cheek. I swallowed my thirst of kissing those cheek.

“Right. Yeah, everyone has finished their homework. So, can we get out from this place? My has turned numb for hours sitting.”

“Just wait a minute. Both of you can go ahead first. We will follow you from behind, okay?” She said while gathering all her stuff in her bag. The boys who done packing their stuff, nod and getting up from the seat.

After a few second, she smiles at me and I took the gesture to stand up before holding her hang. She didn’t protest or said anything so I assumed she’s not mad for holding her hand all of sudden. Her skin so smooth compared to mine but then again, she’s a girl. Of course she must taking a good care of her appearance.


Our feet swinging back and forth. We took a seat on the bench while watching the boys having their fun at the amusement park which has been opened for 2 weeks now. Since it was on weekend, there were many kids yelling and running around. It’s such a good view.

“Luhan, thanks.” I caught off guard once again. Huh?

She laughed. Probably my face look funny. “I said thank you. For defending us back then. I was helpless to ask them to back off. You’ve just come in time.”

I grinned widely. “Well, I’m your knight in armour right? Of course, I must come to rescue you from bad guys.”

“Cheesy. Anyway, do you have to call me your wife and they were your kids? Unbelievable.” She laughed; this time, it was much louder.

My face is turning red that I think it almost reached my ear. “Wh – why are you laughing? Didn’t you have a dream to marry me? I thought I was the one who is being serious in this relationship.” I pouted while crossing my hand.

Yeah, I know. Childish.

She wipe the tears that escaped from her eyes. “I am serious but not to the extent of marrying you. Are you really in love with me, Luhan? For make you said that back there?” Gone with the laugh. She stared at me with those pair of brown eyes. Her lips slowly curved upward and I thought she was going to seduce me right here, right now.

Luhan, get a grip! This is public!

My hand slowly tucked her hair behind her ear as my face tugged with soft smile. More like genuine smile. Only for her. The reason I’m acting like this is because of her. It’s her I want to marry. I couldn’t bear to see someone else occupied her place on the altar.

“When I said that I love you, I mean it. No other meaning between those lines. Beside, who could ever stand my personality except you? Who could ever pointed my flaw if it wasn’t you? And when I said that you are my wife, I meant it with whole my heart. I really want to marry you because I’m in love with you.”

And then, my lips crashed hers and we stayed like that for a moment before we broke up the kiss to catch some air. When each of us has breathing properly, we’re looking at each other and laughing happily.

“I’m sorry that our supposed to be date is replaced by studying with your cousin and my brother. Their education is much important to me. But this could replace our date today. Since we’re not only married, but having two kids running around is like a dream come true.” She confessed; grasping my hand tightly.

The boys were having fun with their new friends that they forget entirely about us especially my cousin. I couldn’t help but snickers when I remember on how he want to win her heart. Just like I did to her before.

I couldn’t ask no more but this wonderful lady next to me. Seohyun, I love you. Can you hear that?

I was taken aback when she looked at me suddenly. Did she hear me?

“I’m not forgetting about our academic status, Luhan. I still want to beat you in exam; until I regained my position as one of top students!” She said in firm voice.

I groaned. “Could we please, stop talking about school? I want a date! A peaceful date!”

“Then, buy me an ice cream. I’m thirsty right now. I will paying you later. If I’m going with you, the bench will be occupied by someone else.”

“What the?”

“Go! The line is getting longer if you waste your time.” She grinned and lightly pushed me from the bench.

“I still want a proper date next time!” I shouted and running towards the ice-cream truck.

She giggled. “I will think about it after you get me an ice-cream and I beat you in exam!” She replied in happy voice.

Urgh, Seohyun! Tell me again why did I fall in love with you at the first place? Man, I think I screwed up my brain somewhere.