Injured Dragon

For An Eternity

A loud roar shook the forests near Qingzi and out stumbled a blonde man. He clutched his bleeding chest and panted heavily as he slowly made his way out. He turned his head around and shouted, "You're lucky I let you off with a warning!" He then let out a cough that racked his whole body as blood slowly dribbled down the side of his mouth. He wiped it away roughly with the back of his hand and trudged out while trying to keep his breathing stable. He tripped over a large tree root and fell to his knees. He laughed in disbelief and slowly got up while using the tree for support. "How dare they make me look like this," He angrily muttered under his breath.

He somehow made it to the city before nightfall and he decided to take a rest at a nearby wall. He slumped against the gray brick wall and breathed heavily, being out of breath from exerting too much energy in his injured state. He looked down at the blood stain slowly growing larger on his robes and he sighed. He leaned his back and felt his eyelids grow heavy with each passing second. He tried to shake off the drowsiness but it was futile. 

As people walked by, they flashed him weird looks and whispered to one another. Normally he would've shot them a glare that would've shut them up but he was too weak and tired to do anything.

"Ge! Come over here, quick!" He heard a girl shout and he mentally rolled his eyes. She was probably just another child who was curious as to what happened to him. However, his suspicions were proven wrong when he saw a beautiful young girl run towards him with wide eyes. He tried his best to stay conscious as she approached him and spoke hurriedly.

"Yixing ge! Come quick! He looks— You have to help—"

His eyes fluttered close but before he did so, he caught a good look at the girl. He weakly lifted a hand but it dropped down once he fell unconscious.

 

 

"No, he's still asleep. Give me the ointment and bandages. Yes I'm sure. Don't worry so much."

The blonde man's eyes slowly opened and he blinked a few times, taking in the foreign environment. His head lolled to the side and he saw a girl sliding the door close. She carefully walked towards him and sat down next to him. He felt her hand slowly pull his robes open and his eyes snapped open.

"Oh, you're awake! How are you feeli-"

She yelped when he grabbed her arms and pulled her on to the mat, flipping his position so that he hovered over her. "Who are you and where am I? What have you done to me? I demand to be answered!" He hissed.

Jiahui looked up at him in surprise and accidentally looked at his bandaged chest, blushing a bit at the sight of his pectorals and flat stomach. She then cleared and started, "I'm Huang Jiahui and you're currently in my home. My brother, friend, and I found you unconscious on the streets and since you just happened to be in front of our house, we took you inside and treated you. And given that you were in pretty bad condition yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if your wound opened up again from your actions. Who are you and how did you get hurt?"

He looked at her and took in her features. Such pink lips and flawless skin. And those bright, fiery eyes feel like they're pulling me in. He breathed in and, trying to sound unfazed by her looks, answered, "I am Wu Yifan, the Golden Dragon. And my injuries come from a fight where I was unfairly beaten by a group of young stupid dragons."

The girl blinked and then burst out laughing. "If you're the Golden Dragon then I'm the White Phoenix."

He scrunched his eyebrows together and frowned. "Why are you laughing?"

She giggled, "Because you're being ridiculous. The Golden Dragon lives up in the Northern Mountains, there's no way the Golden Dragon could be in Qingzi."

He huffed and repeated, "I am the Golden Dragon, you insolent human!"

She snorted and cocked an eyebrow. "Then prove it. Prove that you're the Golden Dragon."

He released Jiahui and straightened up. "So be it." He closed his eyes and scrunched his eyebrows together as he concentrated hard. The girl merely laughed to herself and mumbled, "Golden Dragon, my ." She heard the sound of clothing rip and she looked at the blonde curiously.

The man shook and wrapped his arms around himself as something started to poke out from his shoulder blades. With a muffled cry, out sprang golden wings from his back. She gasped and stared at him in shock. "W-Wings," She spluttered.

He panted and looked down at her with a weak smug smile. "I told you I was the Golden Dragon."

She started to scream and he flinched at the volume. He quickly slapped a hand over and shushed her. "Can you stop screaming?!"

She ripped his hand off of and whispered harshly, "Well how am I supposed to react to having the Golden Dragon in my bedroom?!"

Before he could retort, he grunted in pain and clutched his chest. She grew alarmed and pulled open his robes. "What are you doing?" He asked in shock, staring at her with wide eyes.

She clucked her tongue and shook her head at the sight of blood slowly seeping into the bandages. "Your wound opened again. Okay, almighty Golden Dragon, you're going to need to put those wings away and lay down so that I can change your bandages and apply some more ointment to it."

He stared at her in disbelief. How could she be acting this way before the most feared and respected dragon out there? She gave him a look and put her hands on her hips. "Well, are you going to do what I said or bleed to death?" She snapped.

He scowled and grumbled, "Such a rude child. And I most certainly won't die that easily from such a minor wound." He slowly retracted his wings and laid back down on the futon.

Jiahui pulled his robes down from his shoulders and sighed. "Such a terrible wound. What even happened?"

She started to undo his old bandages and grimaced at the large gash that ran across his chest and he spoke. "Some young cocky dragons caught me off guard while I was bathing in the springs near my home. I did most of the damage but they played dirty and managed to scratch me with their claws. And to think they did it just to impress some other female dragons. They're lucky I let them off with a warning or else they wouldn't be able to fly again," He spat in disgust. He then hissed in pain when he felt her cleaning his wound and she flinched. "Sorry 'bout that. And this is just a scratch? It looks like more like a war wound or something like that."

He laughed and then grunted. "Be gentle, will you?! And this isn't much. I've suffered from worse things before."

She hummed in response and with a gentle hand, started to lather some ointment over it.

Yifan peeked up at her and saw how concentrated she looked and he slightly relaxed. She's quite pretty for a human.

All of a sudden, the door flew open and a boy shouted, "What's going on?! I heard screaming!"

The girl screamed and accidentally put too much pressure of his wound, making him scream in pain.

"What in the name of the good dragons is going on in here?!" Yixing yelled as he stepped into the room to find the injured man and the two siblings screaming. His eyes widened when he saw blood slowly bubble from the gash and he ran towards the blonde. He gently pushed Jiahui out of the way before hovering his hands over it. A bright white light appeared from his palms and the bleeding came to a stop.

Yifan looked at him and whispered, "A healer."

The former smiled bashfully and scratched the back of his head. "That's me. However, I'm not strong enough to close a wound of that size so we'll have to let it heal by itself. I'm still working on it with the town's wise woman but I will help so that it won't scar."

The blonde held a hand up and shook his head. "It's fine if it scars. I'll need it as proof and take care of some unfinished business once I am healed."

The girl looked at him and gave him an apologetic look. "Sorry about that. If only my brother Zitao," she glared at him when she mentioned his name, "didn't burst in here screaming, that wouldn't have happened. But then again, we have Yixing so he would've been able to stop the bleeding quickly."

The blonde looked at the raven haired boy and remembered that he was the one who screamed. He then looked at the healer and nodded. "I see. Well, the bleeding has stopped so I thank you for that."

Zitao cocked his head as Yixing started to apply ointment once again and asked, "Your hair is such an exotic color. How did you get it to be that shade?"

The dragon laughed and then hissed when the healer pulled on the bandages a bit too tightly. "Thank you and it's natural. Where I live, hair color is a way of showing our rank and this hair color is the highest of all, making me the most powerful."

"Really? Where are you from?" The older sibling asked.

"From the Norther-"

Jiahui slapped a hand over his mouth and laughed awkwardly. "Ahahaha, I think he's still a bit worn out from yesterday. You guys should leave and give him some space. I'll stay and watch him so go and be on your way."

She started to shoo them away and they argued, "Wait, I want to know where he's from!" She pushed them out the door and quickly closed it. When she heard them grumble and walk away, she sighed in relief and rested her head against the screen. "That was close," She said under her breath.

Yifan pushed himself up into a sitting position and looked at her weirdly. "What was that all about? I was just going to tell them that I'm from the Northern Mountains."

She turned around and pointed a finger at him. "And I was trying to protect your identity. If they found out that you were from the Northern Mountains, they would either think you lost a lot of blood yesterday or you're a dragon. If they laugh it off and joke about it, you're lucky. But if they figure out that you're a dragon, nonetheless the Golden Dragon, you would be in danger."

He cocked an eyebrow and looked around the room while asking, "And why would that be? I'm the Golden Dragon, there is no way they could injure me unless they were of the same caliber as me. Even those little dragons couldn't beat me."

She snorted and strolled over to take a seat next to him. "Says the one who's being treated in my house. Look, people respect you and fear you. But there are also those that hate you and want to see you dead. Well, not necessarily you but any dragon. They want the money that would come with your head and bones and skin. Not to mention your heart since that will bring the most money. And I'm just afraid that my brother would end up being one of those people. All he thinks about is marrying me off to some rich guy so that he would be well off as well."

He chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm sure all older brothers are like that. And a few measly humans aren't able to take me down that easily. It takes a lot to injure me and unless there was another dragon or creature around here, they wouldn't be able to hurt me. By the way, you mentioned the White Phoenix before. Tell me, how is he doing?"

She stared at him in disbelief and sarcastically retorted, "Gee, I don't know. Let me just go to the Southern Deserts and check on him."

His face brightened and he smiled. "Would you really?"

"No! I don't know the White Phoenix! I just mentioned him earlier because there was no way that you would be the Golden Dragon but you really are so..." She trailed off. She then remembered his wings and slapped a hand over her forehead. "Oh gods, I forgot to ask Zitao ge for some new robes after you ripped yours."

He shrugged and leaned back a bit, wincing a bit. "Well, you were the one who asked for confirmation that I was the Golden Dragon. I was just merely showing you."

She rolled her eyes and headed for the door once again. "Wait, where are you going?" Yifan asked.

She opened the door and replied, "Just getting some new robes for you. Don't worry, I'll be quick. And if they come back asking where you're from and stuff like that, either lie or break it to them very very slowly." She backed out of the door, poked her head through the doorframe once more to give him a look, and finally disappeared.

As she rummaged through Zitao's wardrobe, she didn't notice Yixing and Zitao creep past the room and into hers. They quietly closed the door and they cleared their throats. Yifan turned around and blinked. "Oh, what are you two doing here?"

The raven haired boy grinned and took a seat next to the futon. "We didn't get to finish our conversation from before. So tell me, where are you from?"

The former looked at the two boys and remembered Jiahui's words. He took a breath and then answered him.

"HUANG JIAHUI, GET IN HERE! NOW!"

The girl jumped at the sudden shouting and gasped. "No, he told them."

She quickly grabbed the robes and raced to her room. She threw the door open and saw her brother and friend gaping at the dragon who had his golden wings out once again. Her eyes widened and the clothing fell out from her hands. She had grit her teeth to prevent herself from unleashing a long spew colorful curses and stared the three men. Well, two men and a dragon.

"D-Did you know that he was a dragon? Nonethelesss the Golden Dragon?" Zitao asked while shakily pointing a finger at Yifan.

She sighed and hesitantly replied, "Y-Yeah, I did."

He angrily exhaled and harshly said, "How could you keep this to yourself? If the people find out that we're housing a dragon, they would kick us out of this city."

Yixing raised a hand and spoke, "Well technically speaking, they wouldn't be able to figure it out because look at him! He looks like any other human like us except for the blonde hair. Other than that, he could fit right in. We'll just need to help create a fake background for him so that no one gets suspicious."

"But they're bound to find out one day!" The raven haired boy countered.

Jiahui watched the two argue and sighed. "This is all my fault. I shouldn't have even helped Yifan."

The blonde cocked an eyebrow at her words and opened his mouth to speak when she saw her giving him a look. He blinked and mouthed, 'What?'

She scowled and mouthed back, 'Just shut up and let me handle it.'

He reluctantly sighed and nodded.

The girl knelt down in between the two arguing boys. She sighed loudly, making them turn their heads and ask, "What's wrong?" She shook her head sadly and pretended to tear up. "This is all my fault. If I didn't notice Yifan bleeding and just left him alone, this wouldn't have happened. Please stop arguing because it was my decision to bring him in and treat him, not yours. Maybe I should just leave the house for letting him enter."

Zitao looked at his younger sister and his face softened. "No Jiahui, you didn't do anything wrong. You just wanted to help and I understand that. But we can't keep a dragon in our home. I mean, he's a freaking dragon!"

She pouted and grabbed his arm. "But no one will be able to tell. Just like what Yixing ge said, he looks just like us. People won't be able to tell he's a dragon without seeing the wings and everything. Can he stay here? Please?" She lightly swung his arm back and forth at the very end and gave him a kicked puppy look.

He sighed and reluctantly agreed. "Fine, he can stay. But once he's all healed and ready to fly, he's out of here."

The girl smiled widely and threw her arms around his neck. "Thank you, ge!"

He chuckled and patted her head. "Yeah yeah yeah."

She then peeled herself off her brother and grinned at Yifan. "You can stay!"

The dragon gave her a small smile and nodded. "I heard. Thank you for letting me stay. I'll try not to show my wings but there will be times where I have to stretch them out."

"Oh, I forgot! Here are your new robes," Jiahui said as she picked up the fallen clothing and handed it to him.

Zitao blinked. "Wait. New robes? What happened to the ones he's wearing right now?"

Yifan awkwardly cleared his throat and apologetically smiled. "I, uh, ripped the back when I made my wings come out."

"DAMN IT YIFAN! THOSE ARE MY FAVORITE ROBES TOO!"

 

 

 

woooo~ second chapter! hope ya'll are enjoying this c: and it's really nice to see how a lot of people feel the same way about kris' situation as i do. kris shall forever be a member of exo!!!!

and it may seem a bit whimsical in this chapter but things will start to get serious and whatnot so prepare yourselves mwahahAHAHAH

anyways, hope you all enjoyed this chapter ^^