His Royal Visit

For An Eternity

The city of Qingzi was hustling and bustling with the markets all packed, people squeezing through large crowds to get to where they need to be. And in the midst of all that, there was a certain girl who was arguing with one of the stall owners.

"You're telling me that this is worth 500 copper coins? Hah! It should be sold for 20 copper coins instead," The girl argued.

The stall owner's face grew red with anger and he shouted, "Excuse me? I'll have you know that this bracelet was made with the finest jade and jewels out there. Considering how I put it up for 500 copper coins, you should be thanking me for such a cheap price. I bet your house isn't even worth as much as this bracelet's real cost!"

The girl's nostrils flared and she picked up the bracelet. "Is that so? Because this is obviously fake. Look at it! What kind of jade bracelet looks like this? You're selling a fake bracelet and you're ripping people off."

The man grew even angrier and he lifted a hand with a ball of fire in his palm. The girl's eyes widened and before the man could throw the flame at her, everything came to a stop. She blinked and then yelped when a knuckle knocked her head.

She whirled around and saw a boy with raven hair, cat like eyes, and a deep frown on his face staring down at her. She slightly shrank back and wobbly grinned. "Z-Zitao ge," She stuttered.

Zitao crossed his arms over his chest and scolded, "What did I tell you about picking fights with stall owners here? Do you really want to get banned from the market?"

She hung her head low and muttered, "No."

He sighed and then ran a hand through his hair. "Come here, Jiahui."

She shuffled towards him and he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. You know how worried I get when you argue with others because they might have powers and you won't be able to defend yourself." She nodded and he chuckled. "Now, let's go look at other stalls. I'm pretty sure I saw a place selling really nice robes for cheap." She smiled and once they started walking away, the boy snapped his fingers and everything started to move.

The stall owner threw his flame down at the ground and the people around the area screamed at the sudden inferno. The owner jumped in schock and looked around in confusion. "Wait, where'd that girl go?"

Jiahui and Zitao strolled around the market, looking at the fruits, vegetables, and miscellaneous things that caught their eye. The girl pulled her brother into a fabric store and looked at the merchandise with sparkling eyes. "Ge, which one would look better with my sky blue robes?" She asked as she held out two different fabric swatches in her hands. He was about to walk over to the younger girl when other patrons darted out of the store while squealing, pushing him out of the way.

He stumbled back and nearly fell against one of shelves as they all ran out. He stared at them in bewilderment and said under his breath, "What the hell's wrong with them?" He shook his head and walked over to his sister. He inspected the colors and pointed to the white fabric with cherry blossoms on it. "This one would look good with it."

She looked at it and grinned. "I like it." She then called the owner over and asked for some fabric to be packaged.

"You two aren't excited?" The owner asked as he cut some of the fabric from the roll.

Zitao cocked an eyebrow. "Excited for what?"

The former gasped as he handed the package to the girl. "You two don't know? Prince Luhan is going to be visiting Qingzi today! He'll be here for three days and two nights before returning back to the capital. Some say that he's looking around for a future wife but who knows if that's true."

Jiahui nodded as she took the package. "Is that so? Well good for him." Zitao snorted at how indifferent she was after hearing the news and then smiled at the owner. "We'll be on our way now. Thank you."

When they left the shop, they were greeted by a large crowd of girls screaming and jumping excitedly as a royal palanquin was slowly making its way down the dusty market street. The girl nearly fell back if it weren't for her brother behind her. "These girls are too excited." She heard him mutter as he watched the girls slowly make way for the prince.

"Zitao! Jiahui!" A boy called out as he tried to weave through the many girls crowding the walkway. They turned and smiled when they saw their friend Yixing run over to them. Jiahui smiled and waved at the boy.

He skidded to a stop and huffed as he straightened his robes and shook out his hair, "These girls are crazy I tell you."

Zitao laughed and nodded at his sister. "They may be crazy but this one's crazier. She didn't even get excited at the sound of Prince Luhan's name!"

"To be honest, I'm not that thrilled either so I kind of understand Jiahui," Yixing shrugged.

The girl laughed and she gave her brother a smug smile. "See? I'm not the only one who's not excited about the Prince. To be honest, I don't see why everyone's worked up about him. He's just the Prince. Nothing more than that."

Zitao shook his head. "Didn't you hear the store owner? He could be looking for a potential bride! Maybe you would get lucky and end up marrying him! Think of all the riches that would follow and— Ow! What was that for?" He rubbed the spot his sister slapped and hissed in pain.

She frowned and crossed her arms over her chest. "Of course you would only think of the riches but I don't want to marry him. I want to fall in love with the person I choose, not fall in love by a person who chose me. Where's the romance in that?"

The raven haired boy scoffed. "Of course, you just happened to be one of those girls who want a love that will never come true."

"It will come true! Just you wait! I'll find the man I love and bring him back home to show you just how much I love him and he loves me!" Jiahui shouted and she then stomped away.

Yixing clucked his tongue and watched the girl run away. "Way to go, Huang Zitao. You did it yet again."

The boy sighed and rubbed his face wearily. "I know, I know. Why can't she tell that I just want the best for her? Come on Yixing ge, we have to run after her before she gets lost like last time." The two boys started down the market, trying to see if they could catch up to Jiahui.

The girl angrily stomped down the market, mumbling and grumbling to herself. "Huang Zitao that idiot of a brother. Can't he just stop thinking about the material things and-" She abruptly came to a halt when she saw a dozen soldiers menacingly looking down at her. Her eyes widened and she took a step back in fear. She looked around and saw people staring and whispering to one another. Her eyes soon fell on the palanquin and she gasped. "The Prince," She whispered to herself.

"What's going out there?" A voice from the palanquin asked.

"Nothing, Prince Luhan. Just a small disturbance out here but we'll get rid of it immediately," The head of the guards replied.

Jiahui scowled at his words and retorted, "I'm not a disturbance! Just a lost girl."

The guard rolled his eyes and shooed her away. "Yeah yeah yeah, that's what they all say. If you're that desperate to meet the Prince, you should've dressed up a bit more to attract some attention. Now go, you're delaying his arrival at his residence." He grabbed her shoulders and pushed her back, making her stumble. She gaped at the man and stared at him in disbelief. "Did you really just push me?"

The man snorted and pushed her again. "So what if I did? What are you going to do about it?" She fell silent when she remembered how she didn't have any powers and the man pushed her yet again. "Huh? What are you going to do? Run home and tell your parents to beat me up?" He sneered.

She balled her hands into fists and growled, "Don't you dare speak of my parents like that."

"Or what?" He challenged.

She grit her teeth and then threw a punch at his jaw, making him grunt and take a step back. Everyone gasped at the scene. He rubbed his jaw and then chuckled. His face grew dark and he shook his head. "You shouldn't have done that, little girl."

A large gust of wind started to blow and people grew alarmed by the sudden use of his powers. Dust started to blow and get into people's eyes and before Jiahui could run, she was trapped in a cage of wind. The guard smirked and took his sword from its sheath. "If that's how you want to play, then so be it."

Zitao and Yixing pushed through the crowd and saw Jiahui with her arms up to protect her face in the wind cage. "Damn it, she just had to start another fight!" Zitao hissed. Just when he was about to stop the time, a voice came from the palanquin.

"Wen! Stop the wind and release the girl!"

The guard hesitated for a moment before stopping his wind. Jiahui coughed and pounded her chest, feeling as if she inhaled enough sand to cover the Southern Deserts.

"Jiahui!" Zitao yelled as he pushed people out of the way. He ran towards her and wrapped his arms around her. "Are you okay?" He asked as he cupped her face and looked at her. Her eyes were red and watery but she still managed to flash him a small smile. "I'm fine, ge. My eyes just hurt a bit from the dust." Yixing rushed over and inspected her as well, pelting her with a dozen questions.

At that moment, the palanquin carriers got down on their knees and the door opened, the prince finally making his appearance. Everyone grew silent and immediately took a knee to bow. Zitao and Yixing kept on asking her questions, not even realizing that the prince had made his entrance. The elder looked up and took in a sharp breath. He nudged the other boy and whispered, "It's the Prince."

"Are you sure you're okay? Like really sure because the winds were pretty strong and—what'd you say?" The raven haired boy said. The elder nodded to the front and when he looked up, his eyes widened. He quickly took a knee and lowered his head. "Prince Luhan," He breathed.

The handsome brunet smiled and said, "Please rise, there is no need to bow."

Everyone obeyed his words and got up silently, too afraid to make a sound.

Jiahui lowered her gaze in embarrassment and quickly bowed. "P-Prince Luhan, I'm sorry for disturbing your journey to your residence."

He chuckled and shook his head. "Please rise. And it was not your fault. I was watching everything from inside and saw that you wandered out to the street without knowing. If anything it should be me apologizing for Wen's actions. He went a bit overboard and nearly hurt a fair maiden like you."

"But Prince Luhan-" Wen tried to interven but was silenced by a glare. "You will speak no more. Stay where you are and you shall receive your punishment later."

He reluctantly dipped his head and muttered, "Yes, Prince Luhan."

Luhan turned his attention back to Jiahui and pulled out a beautiful white silk handkerchief. "Please use this to help wash out your eyes."

She hesitantly took it from his hands and bowed. "Thank you, Prince Luhan."

He softly smiled and made her look at him with the flick of a finger. Her eyes widened when she lifted her head involuntarily and he chuckled. "Telekenisis," he said, "and are you sure you're okay? If you're okay with it, would you accept an apology dinner?"

She gasped and shook her head fervently. "Oh Prince Luhan, it is unnecessary. A little dust storm cannot harm me. I am much stronger than I look. I do appreciate the offer though."

He nodded and latched his hands behind his back. "Very well then. Once again, I am very sorry for my guard's actions. If we do happen to meet again during my short stay, do not hesitate to ask for any favors. It's the least I can do."

She bowed and answered, "Thank you very much, Prince Luhan."

He flashed a brief grin before spinning around on his heels and heading back to his palanquin. Once he was settled in, his men started down the market once again.

Jiahui stared at the slowly disappearing vehicle and Zitao whistled, "You sure did get lucky today. And why didn't you take up his offer?! You could've asked for more than just a simple silk handkerchief—"

He doubled over in pain when his younger sister elbowed his gut and she scolded him. "Is that all you think of? Being rich and having the best for yourself?"

He coughed and shot back, "Can you stop hitting me?!"

She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

Yixing slung his arms around the two siblings and pulled them close. He grinned and said, "The important thing is that Jiahui is fine. Lucky as well but fine and healthy. Come on, let's go get some noodles. My treat."

The siblings grumbled and he chuckled, dragging them along with him.