an assumption.

the other woman.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is completely wrong. Baekhyun knows that, it’s ringing into his mind like an alarm that was set. Bomi’s lips were still brushing against his own, the softness that tapped along the pair of his own almost had his heart racing as if he never felt this feeling in so long. The feeling of being wanted by another and just the quality time that they shared during the past few weeks made their connection grow stronger.

He has someone else, a girlfriend. A committed relationship, not an open one. What is he doing.

His head pulls back, straightening his posture in order to regain his balance and to help his assistant as well. There’s a sudden pounding against his chest, his heart. It’s beating in a rapid pace, out of guilt or because of the sudden desire that was taking over.

This can’t happen. Not ever again. He has someone, Eunji. It was only her in his life and no other woman.

“I’m sorry.”

The word rang into his hearing and he clears his throat, his right hand waving to dismiss it properly. A timid laugh was forced out of his lips in order to remain calm about the situation. It was barely a kiss, he didn’t exactly lean into it either. Just a small peck, that’s what Baekhyun considered it after all. “No it’s fine, don’t apologize. You just caught me off guard.”

The embarrassment was obvious in her face, the deep shade of red that rests on her cheeks and the way she couldn’t stare at her own boss right in the eye. Bomi isn’t going to be surprised if she were to be suddenly fired after this. It’s wrong, or well she thought due to the numerous movies of office shows. That you can’t sleep with co-workers or even try and make a move on your own boss because everyone was bound to figure it out. They’ll know. Then again, does it happen in real life? The woman doesn’t know if he has a relationship, the question never set inside of her mind. It’s none of her business, nor was she going to suddenly ask either.

“It was wrong of me to do so, I’m sorry, Baekhyun.”

The apology was sincere, he nearly had to incline his head so he could see her clearly through the shades of light auburn to blonde locks. Forefinger was resting underneath her cheek in order to tap it, indicating to look up to face one another again. The glossed layer of her tears were close to forming but they never dropped onto her cheeks. Which was a good thing because Baekhyun isn’t exactly good at comforting half the time.

“Look at me, Bomi.” She does. Keeping her eyes directly on him, his face and she observes his visage silently. The way his expression grows quite stern than playful, like the first time she was working for him. “It’s okay, you understand me? I’m not mad.”

“You sure?”

“Very sure.” 

 ✄  -  -  -

The situation was never brought up, it was their own secret. Baekhyun wasn’t going to brag about it, he couldn’t tell his best friend either. Not that Chanyeol wasn’t trustworthy, it’s just a problem that he could handle on his own anyways. It took a few days until Bomi was comfortable around her own boss, she needed to erase the situation out of her mind but it’s practically impossible to do so. Especially when her fingers glided along her bottom lip, the feeling was almost remembered. As if she wanted more of him but again, it’s wrong. Completely wrong. She wasn’t going to sneak her way into her boss’ pants just to get a higher payment. The paying was fine the way it was, it’s just something more. Feelings? On a romantically level then no but she’s grown to enjoy his company nonetheless.

“You alright there or do you need help?” He asked. Taking notice of how Bomi had a blank expression on her face but it wasn’t exactly something he wanted to joke about. He needed those papers to be done by the end of the day for his own pair of eyes to check just in case.

His voice startled her, immediately sticking her face behind the handful of papers in between her slender fingers. A small sound falling out as she nods her head immediately to notify her own boss that in regards, she’s okay. Or at least that’s what she continues to tell herself. “Of course, I’m just dozing off.”

Well that’s a first. 

Standing up from the seat he was originally sitting upon, walking over to the tiny space where Bomi was as he crouches down to glance over her shoulder. Hot breath unknowingly tickling the crook of her neck and she felt herself growing more and more bashful around him.

“You know the more you doze off, the more I’ll keep you here until you’re finished.”

“I don’t consider that a threat at all.” Bomi confesses out loud, which caught Baekhyun off guard because despite the seriousness in the way he spoke up; he would expect a whine. Her remark repeats inside of her own mind, she waves a hand in order to inform the other male that it was a playful joke especially when she musters up all she can to display a smile that he stares at in awe.

Straightening himself up, palm patting her shoulder once as he walks back to his own desk, “Suit yourself.”

“Are you okay with this?”
 
“With what?”

“Us working together still.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter