falling into guilt and temptation.

the other woman.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Be home before dinner?" She asks, readjusting the tie around his neck to secure it in place. Flashing a smile at him as Baekhyun leans down to press his lips softly against her lower one. A silent promise that he'll be home by then. Exchanging a quick wave, he grips onto the handle of his case in order to bring it to work. 

He works with his father at the CEO, in marketing. Attending all meetings, displaying his ideas on the screen the projector was showing for the co-workers and clients who were intrigued in what he had in store. Work was something he poured dedication into that and his girlfriend who he's been with for almost a year by now. It was only her, the promise ring hanging around his ring finger to show his loyalty. The hours were stacked with researching and filling the blank papers with words of common knowledge and his own opinion. 

 ✄  -  -  -

"Mr. Byun?" A woman rests by the door frame catches his attention. Eyes darting to her petite frame instead of his desk, when he offers her a warm smile as his way of saying 'hello'. "The woman you interviewed days ago is finally here." 

Lips parting with a sigh of relief slipping, hands clapped together silently. "Wonderful, tell her to come inside whenever she's ready." He informed the other, watching her nod as she steps out of his office. The door closing behind her as he continues to do his work silently in peace. 

He remembers having the conversation with the young woman. Her name was Yoon Bomi. Delicate features that contoured her visage well, strands of light auburn color to blond at the very end. A cheeky smile that resembles close to a child's during Christmas. Picking her out of the handful his friend's selected because she seemed to be quite cheerful and easy-going. A nice companion to be around, is what he thought. 

When he hears another knock on his door, he shouts a, "come in" to their direction. Watching the handle shift downwards and suddenly her head pokes out from the space. Flashing the familiar smile at him before taking a step inside to sit down on the chair provided in his office space. "Nice to meet you once again, Mr. Byun." She chirps happily, wondering how she'd get this positive attitude from but he doesn't mind. It's refreshing. 

"I wanted you to come by to inform you that you got the job." With the news escaping his pale lips, her smile broadened even wider than before. Eyes formed into a half moon crescent that faced down. And Baekhyun chuckles lightly at the reaction he received. Stacking papers into a neat pile as he moves them to one side. "I look forward to us working together." 

"Yes, yes. Or course." She beams, straightening her posture to bow at a ninety degree angle. Bomi didn't expect to get the job, she lacks sophistication compared to most ladies who wanted to job. Some even wanted them to get a better, closer look at their potential boss. Which is understandable because in her eyes, he's quite handsome. "Thank you so much again."

So they sat in front of one another. Baekhyun guides her to the instructions on what happens to the early morning until the late evenings. Getting up to show her around the place as well, where she needed to place the papers or where to get them. The co-workers who walked by introduced themselves to her and she does the same. It was running smoothly and the anxiety that curls in the pit of her stomach fades away within time. Feeling as if they were more of friends than him being a boss.

"Remember." He walks over to his car in order to unlock it, gradually parting ways until her head turns to the left to glance back at him. He places himself in the driver's seat, car keys tucked inside the slot and preparing to head out of the parking out. "Seven in the morning, my office." 

"I'll see you by then, Mr. Byun." 

 ✄  -  -  -

Loosening up the tie with his fingers, tugging it down roughly he tucks away his items to one side on his desk at home. "Eunji?" He repeats her name rather loudly, voice shaking when he overdoes it. Checking in the kitchen down the hallway, she was no where insight. Ushering into the room to where he assumed she might be at, he admires the woman who was resting on the mattress. The comforters embracing her figure as he crouches over to plant chaste kisses on her bare shoulder. Because he happens to enjoy coming home to his woman in a thin silk nightgown. 

"Baek." Her voice hoarse, a hushed tone whisper that escaped her dainty lips but her eyes were still shut. "Welcome home." 

"Tired?" Her head nods in response, turning to lay down on her side instead. His bottom lip was sticking out at her reaction but her well being will always be something he cares about most. He rummages through his closet to check for a simple shirt. Discarding his work attire to the laundry basket, pulling the white shirt over his head and it stops near his waist. "I have a new assistant, she's really lovely." 

Eunji didn't respond back, appearance wise she looks as if she fell asleep into a slumber but in reality, she's listening. Not wanting to fall asleep on him talking about his day but she couldn't resist.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter