Goodbye Summer

Goodbye Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The moment someone opens their eyes, the warmth brought by the sun is already felt. Looking out the window like the usual routine in the mornings, many would see the sun already up, ready to start another perfect day. Just the thought of walking under the majestic sunlight on the streets, seeing people with smiles on their faces, made someone feel excited. Strolling down the roads, being blinded by the brilliant sun and the sweat forming on your forehead signifies one thing.

 

And one thing only.

 

Summer was here.

 

 

Both soaking wet and freezing from the pouring rain during that spring day, Seol and Luhan both walked to get to to the nearest bus stop to meet Shi Kyung who were waiting for Seol, so that they could eventually get back to where Seol's mom and her aunt was.

 

The two of them were walking silently with just pure smiles on their faces as the rain slowly dies down. Luhan felt happier than ever knowing that Seol feels the same way he feels about her after all they've been through. They were holding hands tightly as if the spaces between their fingers were modified to fit each others.

 

"I'm very happy, Lee Seol." Luhan said.

 

"I'm even more happier, Luhan." Seol replied. "But... I have something to ask."

 

"What is it?" Luhan said, smiling. He loved it whenever Seol was curious about him. He loved answering her questions and satisfying her with an answer that was able to give her goose bumps.

 

"Who was that girl you were kissing earlier?" Seol asked, but immediately took it back. "No, no. Don't answer that. I take it back. Forget I asked." Seol shyly avoided Luhan's gaze.

 

"My girlfriend. Why?" Luhan teased, not pertaining to Baek Ah Young, but to Lee Seol, who he really did kiss earlier.

 

Seol suddenly squinted her eyes and immediately let go of Luhan hands, but to her disappointment, Luhan didn't let go.

 

"My girlfriend, Lee Seol. Am I not right? I was kissing you earlier, wasn't I?" Luhan  with a playful smile.

 

Seol blushed and as much as she didn't want to talk back anymore, she wanted answers. "Not me... The girl I saw you with before you even spotted me."

 

"Oh." It was time for Luhan to answer Seol seriously and he had nothing to hide, so he answered her honestly. "You don't have to worry about her, Lee Seol because in here..." Luhan placed Seol's hand on his chest. "there's only you." He continued.

 

Out of embarrassment, Seol pulled her hand away and felt all her blood on her body rise to her cheeks. Luhan made this worse by putting both of his hands on Seol's cheek and pinching them. "Aigoo~ my Lee Seol is so cute."

 

Seol was about to die from embarrassment, so she did not utter a word as they both walked towards the bus stop, making Luhan's smile reach up his ears.

 

The both of them finally met Shi Kyung who was as soaked as they were. All three of them smiled as they were all reunited after a long time. When Seol transferred to a different school, Luhan had no one to turn to, but Shi Kyung to ask if Seol was doing well. Both developed as friends through Seol's help though she was oblivious to this fact.

 

"Luhan, I'm very sorry, but I have to take Seol back to her mom or we're both dead." Shi Kyung told Luhan.

 

"Alright, Shi Kyung-ah. The last thing I want is for you and Seol to be in trouble. You two already suffered enough after looking every where for me." Luhan told Shi Kyung and tapped her shoulder. He then looked at Seol's, who's hand was still locked tightly with his. "I wanted this day to last longer since I finally got you back, Lee Seol."

 

"Me too, Luhan. I'm really sorry, but we have to go back. I'll see you next time." Seol told Luhan. "And thanks to Xiumin we were able to know where you were."

 

Luhan gave Seol a sweet smile. "I guess I have to buy him a lot of steamed buns."

 

A bus stopped in front of the bus stop and once the door opened, Seol and Shi Kyung said their goodbye to Luhan as fast as they can since they had to get on. Luhan finally lets go of Seol, but after thinking about it for a few seconds, he got on the bus as well, almost not making it in time and surprising both girls.

 

"Luhan-ah! What are you doing?"

 

"Ever since then I've always been the stubborn Luhan who followed Lee Seol every where. Why should I stop now?" He asked and smiled, not even taking his eyes off of Seol. The bus moved and Luhan almost fell after being out of balance, but was luckily saved when he grabbed on to the rail.

 

"Seol-ah, if Luhan wasn't that cute, I would've er punched him a long time ago." Shi Kyung whispered to Seol.

 

"Why?" Seol asked smiling, curious of what her best friend was about to utter.

 

"He's like a freaking ert. He stares at you non-stop and creepily stalks you wherever you go." 

 

Seol just laughed. "What do I do? I find it really cute though."

 

Shi Kyung hit Seol lightly on her arm. "You two are really a match made in heaven! Ugh! The goose bumps." She reacted, cuddling her arms tightly.

 

The bus suddenly made another stop and its door opened for all the new passengers to enter. Seol, Shi Kyung and Luhan looked at the people who were entering. Two women who were familiar to Seol and Shi Kyung suddenly entered one after another and saw the three of them standing in the isle of the bus, holding on to the rails.

 

"O-omma..."

 

"Seol-ah..." Seol's mother said. Her eyes suddenly drifted towards the boy who was right next to her daughter. "What's going on?"

 

 

The moment Seol opened her eyes, she was blinded by the sun that crept up in her room. Instead of making the girl irritated, its radiance pasted a smile on her face. She hurriedly got out of bed and went straight to take a cold, but refreshing shower. Every drop of water electrified her body since she just woke up and was not used to it, but she had no choice. She had to rush.

 

Seol rapidly got dressed, but still making sure she looked presentable as possible. She wore a white blouse that had laces around its neckline that exposed her collarbone and tucked it in under her blue shorts. She looked at herself in front of her mirror as she combs and dries her hair using her hair dryer that was set to max to get the job done as fast as possible. After flashing a sweet smile in front of the mirror, Seol was on her way downstairs.

 

Seol was praying that he hasn't arrived yet, but almost slipped when he saw his angelic visage, staring at her as she takes steps after steps down the stairs. "Some people are a little too early." Seol remarked, slowly going down the stairs this time.

 

"Someone woke up late." Luhan retorted and laughed.

 

"What?" The confused Seol looked at her parents who were in the kitchen preparing stuff for their trip to the beach. "Omma, appa, what time is it?"

 

"Luhan-ah, ever since then when you two were still younger, Seol has always been a sleepyhead, right?" Seol's father asked Luhan. "She still hasn't change." He continued and placed five sandwiches in the huge bag they were bringing with them.

 

Seol scratched the nape of her neck from embarrassment. "Sorry. I guess I overslept again." She smiled.

 

"Seol-ah, did you call Shi Kyung? Is she coming with us today?" Seol's mother asked her. She carried the bag that she has already packed on her shoulders and walked towards the living room.

 

Luhan stood up from where he was sitting and offered to help Seol's mother like what he did earlier when he came, but again, for the second time, he was denied. Seol's mother was very concerned about her daughter. The moment she found out that Seol ran away that spring day only to meet Luhan and finally get back together with him, made her furious. She never liked Luhan for her daughter and she still could not let go of the past. She still holds a grudge against Luhan for killing her daughter once. She never once dared to forgive him. The only reason she was letting this go is because Seol begged her to finally give Luhan a chance because he makes her happy. After all, that's what Seol's mother wanted. Her daughter's happiness, it's just that, it's not with the right boy.

 

When Shi Kyung arrived, all five of them who were going to the beach to enjoy a beautiful summer day got inside the car. They were finally ready to take off. Jamming to all the songs on the radio, everyone was in a festive mood except Seol's mother who was just looking outside her window. While Seol's dad and Shi Kyung were jamming to the latest K-Pop songs that were being played on the radio, Seol and Luhan were exchanging text messages though they were right next to each other.

 

Luhan <3: Remember when we were younger?

My Seol <3: What? Are you gonna embarrass me again?

Luhan <3: Maybe.

My Seol <3: Then I don't want to know.

Luhan <3: Might not be the same place, but...

My Seol <3: But what?

Luhan <3: This is the same exact position...

My Seol <3: ???

Luhan <3: ...when we had our first kiss. Mwah. :)

 

As expected, Seol was embarrassed again by her boyfriend. She sheepishly buried her face on her palm. The image of a younger version of the two of them experiencing their first kiss by accident appeared on her mind. Seol's face immediately turned crimson red just like how it happened when they were younger.

 

Luhan just laughed at Seol, finding her cute now and ever since they were still little.

 

"Luhan-ah, how's you parents?" Seol's mother asked Luhan, finally breaking her silence. She also didn't have a nice past with Luhan's parents. Both families were neighbors who got along so well and even go on picnics together, but when Seol's accident happened, everything was ruined. Both household drifted apart and learned how to loathe each other. Seol's mother blamed Luhan for her daughter's accident and Luhan's mother eventually blamed Seol's mother for accusing her innocent son for the accident and ruining his mental state of mind as he was growing up.

 


"They're fine, Mrs Lee. I told them that Seol finally got her memory back." Luhan replied, acting no different after seeing how Seol's mother treat him.

 

"What did they say?"

 

Luhan just nodded awkwardly and flashed a half-smile. "They were thrilled." He lied. Luhan's parents were no different. They didn't know that all this time, their son has been following his first love that he could never forget. They thought it really wasn't love and was just pure guilt towards Seol, but Luhan showing his consistent sincerity for Seol, made them thought about it again. Their son loved Lee Seol, the girl who lost her memory. The girl who caused many psychological problems to their son that have severely affected him as he was growing up. Learning that Seol has finally regained her memories and was together with their son made them feel uneasy. Their friendship with the Lees ended badly and though time has passed, they were just human. Humans who could not let go of the pain that their past has brought upon them.

 

Seol just looked at Luhan, absolutely knowing what kind of situation they were in. Their parents both didn't approve of their relationship that they even revived from their painful pasts. Both of them wished that they could turn back time and fix everything so that during the present time, everything would be favorable for them and their relationship. Seol wanted to comfort Luhan since she knows that he's feeling what she's feeling right at that moment. She took her phone out again and texted Luhan.

 

My Seol <3: I know that they will accept us one day.

My Seol <3: You and I will have our happy ending.

My Seol <3: Our happy ending would even be more beautiful as the setting sun.

 

After reading, Seol's sweet words, Luhan held Seol's hands and stared deeply into her eyes with a smile on his face. He mouthed the words "I love you" to Seol, not wanting to be lectured by Seol's parents.

 

Luhan <3: As long as you love me, Lee Seol. I'm fine with everything.

 

 

They finally reached the beach and the three teenagers run towards the ocean as the two adults follow them from behind. They all had a nice day at the beach under the sun that felt extremely good on their skin. After playing in the water and beach volleyball, the three teenagers were knocked out and were sleeping in different blankets under the shade.

 

"I don't want him back in Seol's life, yeobo."

 

"Yeobo, Luhan makes Seol happy. We should just let them be." Seol's dad told his wife. "Besides, if you really can't accept it... He will end up leaving her again anyway."

 

"That's what I'm saying. He's gonna leave her again. He's gonna break her heart again. He's going to be killing my daughter again for the second time, and I as her mother would not let that happen. When his parents called to reassure me that their son won't be lingering around Seol anymore, it broke me. I know I don't like Luhan for Seol, but when I heard that I was just broken. I was broken for my daughter's place." She confessed.

 

"Seol and Luhan are just kids, yeobo. Don't worry. Luhan will fulfill his dreams away from Seol, like what his parents told us and Seol would do the same. They have to grow up soon, yeobo. They need to say goodbye to their summer and finally go to college." Seol's father made a point.

 

Luhan suddenl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter