A Misunderstood Man

W I L L I N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "It is easiest to be brave when you have something to protect even if it means killing yourself." 

(Sehun POV)

People are told that in order to live one has to find a reason. 

People work to live and live for a reason. Every life has a meaning and every action has story. However when will we find our reason to for living? When will we discover the flame and inspiration that wil keep our lives passionate and burning? What come afterwards? Is every dream gauranteed to success? Did that mean that life is meaningless until we find our reason? 

To me questions like that have remained unanswered since the very beginning. I was raised to never let someone into my heart because people were greedy, envious, and selfish souls. I questioned how I would find the spark and meaning to my life if I wasn't allowed to let anyone in it? At first glance I am judged and look at for what I have and not what I am. Giving myself up for others would be unreasonable. If my reason to live was because of someone else then how come that person hadn't come to find me yet? Why would I ever need to care or protect someone else anyway when they would never do the same for me? 

That was life in my eyes. Everything meaningless and too easy. Everything was already decided for me. My future- to take after my father, my wife- to be hand picked by my mother. Everyone around me either feared my family or admired my achievements. Everyone had a mask that I wanted so desperately to rip off. I didn't like to make friends, everyone was just a mere acquiantence. No one had bothered to get to know me and similarly I didn't feel a need to get involved with others. People came up with their own stories about me and I let it be. My life didnt' concern them, I had no reason to explain myself. I accepted the fact that I was going to be misunderstood man.  

Another boring celebration. Hundreds of guest flooded in the banquet hall in celebration of my "birthday". In reality it was nothing more than a show and tell. Business man from around the world would come and introduce their prized son or daughter to my mother in hope that they could become the Lady of the Oh Enterprise. They came armed with gifts worth millions and achievements they longed to gloat about. They all wanted to impress and compete. I could see it through their eyes as they shake my hand and approached me. All of them were the same. They wanted to work their way up the ladder of success and were willing to do anything to achieve that goal. 

In my eyes such a goal was practically a meaningless reason to live. These people who wanting to pull others down and drain the wealth from those around them. They were sickening in my eyes and just boring. It was too easy to see the future that they had already trapped themselves in because of they helpless desires. 

I spent most of the night greeting and smiling to those who approached me as mother and father instructed. When I finally had a moment to myself and escaped the crowd I went to the back balcony outside and decided to just stare at the stars. 

"It's sufficating in there right Sehun?" 

I turned my head around in response to the familiar voice behind me. It was none other than Mr. Do who stood there champane in hand. He was dressed in a simple black suit like myself and he looked at me with his usual amaused face. 

"How have you been Sehun?" he asked as I just stared at him "Still fine everything unamusing?"

"You know very well I do sir." I answered him 

"You're becoming more and more like your father child. " he said while laughing "Fourteen and like any Oh you're still looking for that spark in your life aren't you?" 

"That doesn't concern you very much sir." I sternly replied back to him. Mr. Do was my fathers long time acquiantance. One of the few people who my father spoke kindly of and one of the few peopel I just couldn't figure out. He wasn't like the rest of those scums inside, he was a mysterious man who got to where he is today using methods one could only guess. 

"Oh Sehun, so humourous and forbidding like your father." he states as he walked towards me. "What do you say son, want a challenge?"

I turned my head away from him in effort to irgnore him. Mr. Do had been known to make unreasonable request and he was someone who toyed with the minds of less intellectually superior. 

"To be clear it isn't a challenge for me. Rather it is a challenge for you." I didn't respond "They say that you miss 100% of the shots you don't make and that success only comes with failure, so..."

"Mr. Do I don't understand what kind of point your trying to make." I firmly stated while cutting him off. I ready to excuse myself as I had a strange feeling that something wasn't quite right. As I began to walk back inside and make my leave, a small blue envolope was shoved in my face, blocking my view. I stopped and grabbed the envolve. 

"What is this?" I asked as I ripped with envolve open to find a photograph. 

"Turn it around and tell me whether you accept or not, then I'll decide whether or not to tell you." he stated. I was being played I told myself. Neverless it was amusing, so I carefully turned the photo around and instantly my heart stopped. 

As I stood their mesmerized, I could feel Mr. Do's smile creep onto his face. My eyes won't leave the beautiful deer like eyes that shined from within the photograph. The photograph was taken secretly as only the backside of the people could be seen as they walked away. The woman in the photograph had short brown hair and she was dressed rather plainly. The young boy was wearing a pair of blue overalls and a white t-shirt underneath. Both held hands and the little boy was faced towards the women exposing his graceful face. He had a genuine smile that was unfamiliar to me and the pureity in this eyes made my heart away. His whole being under  the sun's ray seemed unreal and breath-taking. Who was this?

"He's a beauty isn't he?" Mr. Do questioned as I remained there motionless. "So do you accept Sehun?"

I couldn't even respond as I just stared still lost within the photo. If curiousity kiled the cat than so be it, I thought. 

"If you don't accept there are plenty of other that will son." Mr. Do said as he reached to grab the photograph from me. 

"I accept." I boldly stated before his fingers touched the holy photograph. "I accept the challenge."

Mr. Do laughed loudly and nodded in approval. He handed me another envolve and told me the details were inside and that he would see in his office tomorrow after school. I merely accepted and nodded. Mr. Do walked back inside and soon my mother walked out scolding me for disappearing. I quickly slip the photo into the pocket inside my suit. For the rest of the night my mind wouldn't leave the photograph or the envolope. As I laid on bed after scanning through the material inside the envolope I couldn't sleep. It was like the image of the young boy was plastered on the back of my eyelids. As I closed my eyes thats all I saw, his pure smile and sincere glaze. Every thought in my mind lead to him and finding him. Every action seemed to related to him. Everything seemed to be because of him. I felt my heart burst into flames, this was more than a spark it was a raging fire. 

His name rolled out of tongue so naturally and smoothly, I found myself silently saying it over and over. What a beautiful name fit for such a beautiful being. He was Mr. Do's illegitiment second son he had with his past chinese secretary who he had dismissed a decade ago. They had been hiding somewhere in China all these years and it was not until recently that Mr. Do had found out that Luhan existed and now he wanted him. I questioned Mr. Do's intentions at first since illegitiment children were looked at poorly by the general population, so why did he want to find him?  

The young boy would be targeted by others who wanted to pull Everlast Enterprise down is all he said. I could see there was another reason Mr. Do was hiding but I didn't question it. It didn't matter to me because no matter what I was going to find this young boy even if it meant having to search through a population of over 1.35 billion people or the rest of world. I would search without the help of anyone to avoid suspicion from others. Very few people knew about my endeavor, and Mr. Do had been clear about that. I didn't mind, the less people who knew about him the better. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter