A Humane Heir

W I L L I N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"There is no love without pain, no happiness without sacrifice and no forever without goodbye..."

(Kyungsoo POV)

People are told to treat people the way they wanted to be treated. 

If you treat someone kindly then in return they do the same for you and others around them. If you treat them negatively then they are bound to do the same. There is no getting without giving. Wherever I go thats the way its always been. Negative attitudes lead to trouble and hate. Positivity leads to love and more. In school, at home and at work. I want to believe that everyone around me is kindly because of that, not for any other reason. Everyone is good, no one is born bad. That makes sense right?

I am the heir apparent. Thats something I can't change, however unlike my father I can change the way the world looks at me. I believe if I acted nicely to those around me then soon they would do the same. Some say I'm naive but whats so wrong about that. Its time to look at the good in peoples hearts. No more judging by the looks. Everyone has a past and a story that needs to be understood. But no matter what if you treat them with sincereity and kindness then eventually is all works out. At first they may continue to act unkindly but soon you can sense that guilt is creeping up on them. They start to drop the hate and begin to believe that maybe this isn't so bad and they move on. Everyone knows, love is born from hate. 

My names Do Kyungsoo, I'm 14 years old and I attend Seoul Academy for the Gifted. My father is Do Kung Suk the head of Everlast Enterprise. My mother died while giving birth to me. I'm the typical quiet, nice kid in the back of the room. However my presence isn't really ignored. I am lucky to be born into a rather wealthy family and for the last 14years of my life I thought that I was an lonely only child. However luckily I'm not. I have a brother, about 2 years younger than me who lives in China! Father doesn't tell me why but he promised me that he would be joining me soon. I'm more than excited to finally have someone.

I've shared my beliefs with you all, but I guess my biggest life motto is that one should always live life to its fullest, I wanna experience and do things that everyone does before their time ends. I have a simple bucket list of dreams that I wanna achieve, its not that long, rather to be honest there are only 3 things one it.

1) I want equality in the world. 

For example I don't think its right that others, especially those less forunate in the school, are tormented, treated unfairly and mocked for their family. It isn't right, and for some reason I always happen to befriend these students no matter how much Sehun tells me its a waste of time. He calls them bloodsuckers. I could care less. They are people and they deserve a living chance just as much as anyone else. As they once said, we are all human, until race disconnected us, religion seperated us, politics divided us and wealth classified us. I wanted everyone to be treated the same, the poor, the rich, the disabled, the gifted, the forunate, the unforunte and more. There would be no excuse for the way one has to live their life if everyone was all treated the same. I'm not talking about equal wealth and materialistic things, rather just morally. 

Upon sharing this with my father, the Academy has increased the amount of scholarships and enrollments of students in deprived economic conditions who qualify academically. We pointed company resources to third world nations, and help fund food banks and shelters. I can't exactly say that my father a good man, but he is a great father that give me everything I want. So I think why not use it. We have more money than we know what to do with anyway so why not share the wealth? If it one were to say I'd have enough money for a lifetime then I'd correct them ad and say that I'd have enough money for a million of my lifetimes. 

2) I want my meet my little brother. 

Father says that he'll be here before I even know it. He says that he's exactly like me, however I know that there's at least one thing different. Regardless I can't wait to have him here. I can't wait to have someone else here to keep me company in this large empty house. Someone else to read books to. Someone else to sleep next to during storming nights. Someone else to go on adventures with. Someone else to guide. Someone else to face dangers and take risk with. Someone else to play the piano to. Someone else to make happy. Somone else to get upset over. Someone else to comfort. Someone else to protect. Someone else who can learn the trade. Someone else important that father can treasure. Someone else who can stay. Someone else who can fullfill my dreams. Someone else who can keep living in my place... 

3) I want to be in love.

It's simple, its chezzy, its on everyones bucket list, I know. But netherless its the one thing I want most. I don't just want to meet someone and become friendly with them. I don't want a one sided crush. I don't just want to get set up with stranger. I don't want to just fall in love. Falling means its happening, but with no security or gaurantee. What I want is different. The love that I want is a two way street, where there is sacrifice and compromse. Where there is yelling and whispering. Where there are fist fights and hugs. Where there are tears and smiles. Where there is you and I and the words forever by your side. To be in love with someone, who loves me equally as much as I love him/her, no more or less. A love that would could mean giving up everything for one another. That is the love that I want to be in. Being in, meaning present, already there and living in it in that moment, because a moment is enough to know that he/her is the one. And I'd be satisifed if a moment was all I'd got. I'm not overexpecting anything, rather I'm afriad thats all I've ever expected to have. I just want to be in love. I don't need a literal or physical forever or tomorrow. All I need or rather all I want, or have time for.... may just be a moment. A moment to be in love. That's all I want, then I'll be happy. 

Anyway, as I said I go to the Seoul Academy for the Gifted, however everyone one knows its more of a rich person school, where only connections and amazing academical achievement can get you in. That being said I'm not dumb nor am I a spoil brat, in fact I've even skipped a grade . Ironically, today however is the first time I have been able to go to the opening ceremony of a new school year. Upon seein

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter