A Young Boy

W I L L I N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Truth is pure however not simple, neverless it is the mother of a million lies" 

(Luhan POV) 

People grow up being told that lying was wrong. 

Lying is the first mistake that most children make in their lives, its something everyone has done whether it be white or not. Lying is lying and that is as simple as it can be because lying is never the truth. From a young age, I like those around me were told that lying was simply a cover up of the truth in order to avoid trouble, embrassment and etc. It was an action of weakness, insecurity, betrayal and the commitment of a sin. Lies were like falling dominos 

As a young boy, I could never tell when I was being lied to so I just assumed everything was the truth. My classmates would call me naive but I could care less because its not like a lie had gotten me in trouble. My mother had raised me to be honest so for the first eleven years of my life I lived that way, telling small lies to avoid lecturing every now and then. Mother's number one rule was "No Lying" and I respected it but still I had no idea why it was that way. How much trouble could one simple line of tainted words cause anyway?

On the second night of Chinese New Years I had woken up in the middle of the night to hear the sound of screaming from my mother. Curious, I followed the sound of my mothers yelling voice to the living room soon realizing another low booming voice. 

"STOP LYING!!! He is obviously my son and you can't hide him from me anymore!" 

"So what if he's your son! What are you going to do! You promised me you would leave me alone so why the hell are you here!!!" my mother hollered back. 

"I wouldn't have let you go Lin if I had known you were pregnant with my child!!" The mans answered. His words confused my greatly. Was this man my father? That couldn't be true mother had told me my father had died in car accident before I was born, how...

"LUHAN my child! I raised him on my own, he's..." mother replied.

"HE IS THE SON OF DO KANG SUK, he doesn't deserve civilian life here in some second class family in China! I'm taking him to back to KOREA WITH ME!"

"NO YOU CAN'T!!" my mother screamed, I could clearly river of tears streaming down her face and unknowningly I opened the door of the living room and ran towards my mother. 

"Luhan what are you doing here?" my mother questioned "Go back to your room!"

"NO!" I replied "Your not my daddy! Daddy died before Luhan was born! Your a liar whose hurting mommy, so LEAVE!!" I screamed at the tall, terrifying man before me. 

"Luhan honey please go back." my mother pleaded as she grip onto me and began bringing me to the door, however the man suddenly grabbed me. 

"So you are Luhan." he said as looked at me while holding me in his arms. 

"Give him back!!" my mom screamed "Please!!"

"So what? Your a LIAR, your not my daddy!!" I said as I punched and kicked him, trying to escape. 

"I'm not a liar Luhan, your mommy is the liar. Your my son, a rightful heir of Everlast Enterprise and your..." 

"STOP!" my mother hollered as she cut the man off half way and pulled me away from him. "Please leave us alone.." she pleaded. 

The many smirked and laughted silently to himself. He stared back at my mother and nodded. Before walking to the door he approached my mother and whispered something into her ear causing her eyes to widen and for her to tremble in fear. The man left as we heard a BANG from the front door closing and in an instant my mother fell to the floor with me in her arms crying her eyes out. For the rest of the night my mother held onto me my hair and apologizing. I couldn't understand because its not like she had done anything wrong. But what would I know I was just a young boy.

A lot had occured in the January of that year when I met that man. Before that night I had made a new friend who camed to visit from South Korea, he was a tall boy three years older than me with brown hair. He would come over and play soccer with me and we would go on long adventures. Soon I found myself telling him just about everything however he disappeared three weeks later leaving only a simple message that we would met again later on and a necklace that he told me was a good luck charm. I was too young to call it love or even affection but something made me happy inside being around him and knowing I would see him again like he promised. Unknowingly I wore the necklace everyday and kept thinking when I would see the boy around. He was like a dream that I thought was too good to be true and like the wind that just came and went. 

After the night with the mysterious man, mother had changed dramatically. She pulled me out of school and we moved away from Beijing to a small village called Lanqi off the cost of Fuzhou, China. I was home schooled and for the next year mother refused to talk to anyone who approached us and the topic of the mysertious man was closed forever. Mother never left me out of her sight and every night as I slept I would hear her sing as she cried herself to sleep. 

One day I was buying milk from the local market down the street when I was approached by a familiar brown haired boy. I couldn't believe my eyes, it was him! The boy I met in Beijing a year ago!  Questions such as what he was doing here escaped my mind as I ran up to hug him. We talked for what seemed like forever. Eventually we ended up walking to my house but I knew mother wouldn't be happy knowing I had brought someone to our house so I told him that I would see him again tomorrow at the playground down the street. He smiled and nodded. Before walking inside he leaned over into my ear and said he was glad to see me wear his necklace. I shly smiled and nodded in agreement. As I watched him walk away I felt like maybe things would being to change again. 

The next day we met in the playground as promised and instead of going on adventures we just sat on the swingset and I had told about everything that had happened the past year. I told him about everything from the mysterious man to mother and even about myself for the first time ever. I told him everything that had bothered my all year, how I feared that one day that man would come back, how I wanted answers from mother, how I wanted things to stop living in fear and how I wanted to be safe. He listened to me without saying a word until a group of neighborhood boys approached us and began tormenting me again.

"Hey, look girly boy over there with no daddy made a friend! HA!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter