Part 3

Suddenly

PART THREE

 

 

 

He looks mad. Uh-oh.

 

“Where have you been?” He asked me seriously. Why is he making me nervous?

 

“We just ate somewhere.” He looked at me coldly and then he looked at Myungsoo. “You can leave now.”

 

Woah, what’s wrong with him? I turned to Myungsoo, “Myungsoo, thank you for today. Be careful.” He smiled at me and took one last look on Woohyun then he left.

 

“What’s wrong with you? Why are you mad?” He still looks serious.

 

He walked closer to me, still not taking off his cold stare, which made me back off a little.

 

SUDDENLY, HE HUGGED ME.

 

What is he—What’s wrong wi—

 

I am at loss of words. He made me speechless. My eyes are wide open and my heart is pounding so hard. He suddenly spoke.

 

“I’m sorry, Park Chororo.” Awww. He’s making me teary-eyed. How can I  hate him?

 

“We-wae? Fo-for what?” He’s still hugging me.

 

“For always leaving you alone. Don’t hate me. No one hates Nam Woohyun.” That made me chuckle. His greasiness never gets lost. Tsk tsk tsk.

 

“I promise, I’ll make it up for you.” Now I’m smiling like an idiot.

 

“That’s your promise, okay?” He released me from his hug. He raised his pinky finger with a huge smile. “Yaksok?”

 

I smiled too. Tss, he’s so childish. I met my pinky finger with his. “Yaksok!”

 

-----

I got ready for school and put on my backpack. I took one last look at myself in the mirror and then went downstairs. I said goodbye to my parents and then went outside.

 

When I walked outside our gate, I saw Woohyun. Oh, so he still waits for me in the morning? I thought he won’t do that anymore.

 

He is leaning against the wall beside our gate. His eyes are closed, hands in his pocket, and his earphones are plugged. I walked closer to him. Hmmm… he doesn’t actually look that bad. I always envy his perfect nose. Myungsoo has a very beautiful nose too. HOW ABOUT ME? WHYYYY??? T____T

 

I took his other earphone and plugged it to mine which made him wake up and looked at me.

 

“Oh! It’s Memories! I love this song!” We started walking while sharing the earphones. Woohyun placed his arm over my shoulders which I don’t really mind. It’s normal for us.

 

“Nae saengae neon gajang areumdapdeon sonyeoyeosseo

Nae saengaee gajang haengbokhaetdeon seolleimeul jwosseo

Jigeumdo geu sigani areumdapge apeuda

Niga geuriwo nan

Niga geuriwo nan”

 

[English translation]

You were the most beautiful girl in my life

You gave me the happiest heart rush in my life

Even now, those times are beautifully painful

I miss you, I miss you

 

“Yaa Chororo, have you thought already of something I should give to Naeun?” Oh, that’s right. I totally forgot.

 

“Just give her a ring maybe. I haven’t thought of it yet.”

 

“If someone will court you, what kind of stuff do you want to receive?” He asked. That is non-sense. Naeun and I have obviously different styles.

 

“Sneakers? Hoodie? Headphones? Any of that.” He took off his arm off my shoulders and pushed me to the side. What a bastard! >_<

 

“Yaa! No wonder no one likes you! You’re not even a girl!”

 

WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO MY PRETTY FACE AND Y BODY?!?!?!

 

I pulled his hair which made him bow from pain. “AHH! OW! THAT HURTS! Yaaa Chororo, stop it!”

 

“How dare you say that! I am a girl, idiot! Someone likes me, you know! Kim Myungsoo likes me! So shut up!” He stopped shouting and moving which made me stop too. He looked at me with his confused face. Uh-oh. What did I just say? I did not just say that. I was too carried away. >_<

 

“What did you say? Kim Myungsoo likes you?!” He looks straight into my eyes. NO! HE DOESN’T LIKE ME! It’s just rumors! I just said that for me not to hurt my pride.

 

“Yes. So what?” I ended up saying that. I said that with my chin up, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Don’t go with him again, okay?” He looks serious. What’s with him?

 

“Why? Why not? Why do you even care?” Who is he that gives him the right to say that? Is he my father? My brother? Ew. No way. XD

 

“I just don’t like him.” Hah! So what if you don’t like him? It’s me who should decide who I want to go with, not him. He really looks weird. What did he eat today?

 

“So what if you don’t like him? I don’t even care if you go with Naeun. And now you’re acting like that? What’s with you?” I’m starting to get serious too.

 

“If I see him touch you again, I will really punch him.”

 

“WHAT?! YAA! You’re too much! He was just joking around when he pinched my cheek! It’s not like he’s gonna kiss me!” Well, I wish. Hahaha! Nah. He’s just too handsome for me.

 

“I don’t trust him. Don’t go near him again.”

 

“What? Why don’t you trust that angel-like Myungsoo? What did he do to you for you to hate him?” He didn’t answer me. He still has a frown on his face. Why is he so angry?

 

“You don’t even care about me. You’re going to have a girlfriend anyway. You’ll forget me while you’re together. So now, I’m looking for a new friend. And I already found one, and it’s Kim Myungsoo.”

 

He stopped walking and stood in front of me.

 

“I CARE ABOUT YOU, OKAY?! Yes, I’m having a girlfriend but I will never forget you! I’m still Namu, your bestfriend, and that will never change. So don’t look for another friend as if you’re going to lose one, because you’re not. Stop looking and stay with me, okay?”

 

SUDDENLY, my tears started to fall.