Ch. 1: Master Plan

My Brother's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 1st, 2014.

Byun Residence.

12:00 P.M.

 

“HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE SISTER.” Byun Baekhyun yelled as he jumped on the bed of his still sleeping sister without any regard. He ran around the room opening all the blinds. Light flooded in, waking up Baekhee in her least favorite way.

 

“Holy , you’re so annoying.” Baekhee groaned loudly, still half asleep, as she aimed a pillow at him. Baekhyun skillfully caught it and threw it back at her.

 

Baekhee cursed loudly, grumbling as she finally sat up, rubbing her eyes.

 

“What time is it?” she asked, squinting.

 

“It’s noon, you dummy. You already overslept half of your birthday.” Baekhyun berated.

 

“Good.” Baekhee grumbled.

 

“Whatever, Ms. Grumpy-pants,” Baekhyun said cheerfully, “Jongin is downstairs and we both got your favorite ice cream cake for you so you better eat before it melts soon!”

 

“Happy birthday Baekhee!” she heard him shout from downstairs.

 

Of course, he would be here already when she looked like . Then again, Jongin had already seen her so many times in the worst possible states that she had already given up on that aspect.

 

“Alright alright,” she yawned, “Just give me 10 minutes.”

 

“Nope, now!” and with that he grabbed her and with ease, slung her across his shoulder.

 

“Hey you can’t do this to me!” she protested loudly, “I’m an adult now!”  

 

“Never too old for this!” he shouted and with that he shipped her downstairs, where he finally dropped her in front of a grinning Jongin, amused by their typical brother and sister antics.

 

Her mood lightened considerably when she saw him standing there in all that glorious morning sunshine (which she suddenly appreciated). He looked like he had just gotten back from his morning dance practice, as he was wearing his baggy sweatpants with a cap tossed on top of his messy hair.

 

Yet, he still looked damn good.

 

“I see you’re ready to take on the day already,” he teased, referring to her unbrushed hair sticking up and her Doraemon pajama set.

 

“I just woke up.” She pouted, making an attempt to fix her hair.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s cute. “ Jongin smiled as he ruffled her hair, messing it up again, “Now let’s go eat cake.”

 

She blushed at the sudden physical contact. Maybe this would finally be the year that Jongin would reciprocate my feelings, she thought to herself.

 

What had started out as a simple schoolgirl infatuation soon turned into a full blown crush ever since she got over her fear of talking to him. She found there was so much more to him than just a handsome face. He was kind, caring and treated her as if she was his own younger sister (sometimes to her dismay.)  

 

The handsome face and his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter