Chapter 2

A Beast In Human Clothes

After the horrid dream, Zelo decided to go out for a walk to clear his mind.

After arriving outside the hotel room, he spotted a near 7/11 store and went inside to buy something to eat. After paying for his snacks, he decided against going back to his hotel room. I would die of boredom if I stayed there.

 

His eyes wandered for a place to seat. He saw an open bench at the park just a few blocks away and walked towards it. As he sat down he realized that he was the only person there. Where is everybody? He squinted his eyes to search for any other source of life but shockingly there was none.

 

After opening his first can of coke he took his phone out of his pocket. Looking at his texts, he found out that all of the seniors went to a club. His friend – Daehyun even texted him and told him to come, rolling his eyes, Zelo replied with a short no. He shuddered at the thought of him at a club. He was not the type of person that would go to a place like that. s, , and s were a big no for him.

 

Opening his second can of coke, he noticed a suspicious-looking woman dressed in all black apparel. His eyebrow’s furrowed at the sight. He wordlessly shook his head but kept an eye out for her. Better safe than sorry he always thought. He noticed the woman looking around, as if she felt him starting at her. Not wanting any trouble, he quickly took out his phone and pretended to be occupied.

A few minutes passed when he started hearing the faint sound of bushes rattling; the sound disappeared as quickly as it appeared and when Zelo looked at where the woman used to be standing; she was gone.

 

There was a boy. The woman thought as she disappeared into the bushes. The woman removed her black coat and revealed her long luscious curls. She folded her coat and neatly tucked it under her arm. She stepped in front of wall. To others it was just a plain wall but it was a whole different story. If you observed the wall carefully you’ll notice a small crescent shaped stone. Once the stone is pressed, it will reveal a hidden path.

 

The woman found the crescent shaped stone with ease. She brought up one finger and pressed it and turned to her right where the path appeared. She stalked towards the path and stopped in front of a small secluded house. The woman went inside and entered a small bedroom at the second floor.

“So, you’re back, huh?”

“Not for long.” The woman looked around and scrunched her nose. “You know how I hate it here.”

The girl nodded and gazed out the window longingly. Oh how she wished to be outside, to be normal.

“How long are you going to be away?” She asked the older woman.

“A few months.” She answered counting her fingers. “3 at the very least.”

Minhee frowned. I can’t believe she’s leaving me again. “When are you leaving?”

“Tomorrow.”, the woman looked at her and smiled. “Don’t worry Minhee. I’ll be back before you know it.” She said as she lightly patted Minhee’s cheek with her gloved finger. The girl stared at the elder’s hand. Gloved. A pang of sadness hit her when she noticed it. She’s scared.

 

“How long are we going to be here?” Zelo asked a teacher once he was back at the hotel.

The teacher looked at Zelo with disinterest. “1 week.”

Zelo’s eyes nearly bulged out of its sockets. “1 week?!”

All the rage and frustration that he built up was slowly creeping to the surface. He could feel his temper boiling and before he could explode in front of his teacher, he went inside his room and slammed the door shut. What the hell am I supposed to do for a week? He thought as he collapsed onto the bed.

 

It was raining the next day but Zelo went back to the park. He didn’t know why. It just felt like he needed to be there. The time he spent with the park yesterday had a calming effect on him. He hoped that it will have the same effect on him today. But he was proven wrong.

 

What am I even doing here? Zelo thought annoyingly. He was cold, drenched from head to toe and had no legitimate reason to be in the park except that it had a ‘calming’ effect on him. Annoyed with his current situation, he stood up and turned to leave when he saw a bush rattling from the distance. Alarmed, he quickly hid behind a tree and slowly poked out his head.

 

That’s the woman from yesterday!  His eyes bulged at the realization. The woman turned her head to the direction Zelo was hiding but luckily he ducked his head before the woman could spot him. He froze at his spot and when he decided it was safe to leave, he slowly backed away from the tree.

Looking back and forth he noticed that the woman was no longer there. He let out a sigh of relief and the feeling of nervousness was lifted from his chest. What was she even doing here? He sent a curious glance at the bush where the woman emerged from. He took small and cautious steps towards the bush and prayed that nothing bad would happen.

 

He crouched in front of the bush and tilted his head slightly to the side. He curiously leaned and surveyed the bush with caution, not forgetting to glance at his back after a few seconds. He pushed his damp hair away from his face and carefully crawled towards the bush.

 

What the hell? He thought. He emerged from the bush, amazed of the secret it behold. Carefully, he surveyed his surroundings. Where am I? It was quiet where he arrived. The only thing that could be heard was the sound of the rain hitting the pavement. Trees and more trees littered the place. It seems like a place that would come out of a children’s picture book, not in real life. Taking note of his surroundings, he noticed a wall not too far from where he was standing and walked towards it.

 

He examined the wall carefully not wanting to miss a single detail. It’s just a plain old wall. He thought. He noticed small dust particles that littered the wall and that’s when he noticed it – the small crescent shaped stone. Cautiously, he placed one finger on it, wondering if it will do anything.

A few seconds passed and nothing happened. He tucked his still damp hair in his ear and removed the water from his face. He turned around and got ready to leave when heard the sound of stone moving.

What was that? When he turned around he saw that a new path opened.

I feel like Alice when she first arrived to Wonderland. He chuckled.

The path leads to a small house. As he reached the house, the rain poured even harder, leaving him utterly wet. A cold breeze flew by causing him to shudder. The cold was unbearable for the boy as he decided to take comfort in the house in front of him.

Upon entering inside, he was shocked with how the house looked. He expected white walls and wrecked furniture but instead he was welcomed by a well-furnished and warm looking house. Checking if there was anybody inside, he spotted a few pictures in the mantel. He grabbed one of the picture frames, ready to look at it.

“What are you doing here?”

Zelo turned around and saw a frightened girl clutching to a baseball bat closely to her chest.

 

Author's Note: Sorry for the late update but here it is! :D I hope you enjoy. Comments are loved <3