Chapter 1

A Beast In Human Clothes

“Kids please settle down.” The teacher pleaded at the front of the bus.

Zelo rolled his eyes at the teacher’s feeble attempt to shut them up. It’s not going to work. The teacher kept yelling for them to be silent. Zelo rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time that day before shoving his earphones in his ears. One more year and I’ll be out of here. Just endure it for now. He chanted in his mind.

 

To say that he hated school was wrong. The right term was that he loathed school. Though he wasn’t the nerd that gets bullied, the athlete that hated training, the reject that didn’t know where to sit, or is the popular person that everyone hates. Zelo considered himself normal, average, plain even. But in reality, he was good-looking, smart and somewhat athletic. He could easily be one of the most popular people in the school if wanted to, if he tried. If he tried.

 

But the thing is, Zelo hated the standards that high school came with. If you’re not good-looking you will never be famous, if you weren’t smart you wouldn’t get a good job, if you weren’t popular you’ll be out casted, and if you were different you will be labelled as a weirdo. He hated it. The standards, the fake people, the kiss students, the horrible teachers, everything about high school made him want to punch a wall or at least the nearest person.

 

“Hey, wake up. We’re here.”

Zelo woke up by the feeling of someone shaking his arm. His eyes shot up and looked at the girl – his classmate – Min, and murmured a quick thanks before going outside. When he stalked away, he heard a high pitch squeal that he quickly determined as Min’s. He rolled his eyes. How superficial.

 

As he made his way outside, he heard his teacher’s booming voice. “Everyone gather around.” This time, the students decided to listen, resulting for his teacher’s smug smile.

Once everyone was there and silent the teacher started talking. “Since everyone here is a senior, and is graduating this year. We’ll let you do whatever you want.” The students excluding Zelo cheered. Great, now what do I do? “Just make sure that you get back to the hotel before 12 pm.” He warned before joining the other teachers.

 

He scratched the back of his head. Now what? The only reason Zelo decided to go to the trip was because his teacher said it was mandatory for all the seniors to go. Now that the teachers bailed on them, what was he supposed to do? He let out an exasperated sigh. His pity part was cut short when he saw a girl walking towards him.

When the girl was in front of him, she cleared awkwardly.

Zelo rolled his eyes but gave her the best smile he could muster. One more year. He thought. “What?”

“Well,” the girl – Min said, twiddling her fingers shyly. Zelo resisted the urge to roll his eyes. The girl’s so called ‘innocent’ act didn’t work on him. He didn’t think it would work on anyone as she was wearing a V-neck shirt that was low enough for him to see her cleavage. “Me and some of my friends were going to a bar later. Do you want to go with us?”

Hell no. “No thanks.” Zelo said.

“Are you sure, it’ll be fun!” She persuaded.

“I think I’ll pass.” He said, and started walking away.

 

Zelo didn’t like going out and he definitely didn’t her but she didn’t seem to get the hint as she chased after him and grabbed his arm. “Come on, it’ll be fun and besides the teachers will never find out.”

The only thing Zelo hated more than a girl that threw herself to anyone that had a was one that didn’t know when to quit and this girl was proving to be both. “No thanks.”

The girl pouted and seductively ran her fingers to his chest, causing Zelo to shiver and take a step back. The girl seemed shocked with his reaction but tried to remain neutral. She flashed him a sultry smile before closing the gap between them. “Please, oppa?”

That’s it. Zelo pushed the girl away from him and dusted the imaginary dirt she left on his clothes. He flashed her a hard look. “No. And don’t even call me oppa. It’s disgusting. Girls like you are the worst, trying to look innocent but do nothing but flirt.”

The girl reddened and covered her exposed chest before going away.

Zelo breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that she went away. I guess I’ll just stay at the hotel for a while. Deciding on his destination, he walked towards the direction of the hotel.

 

“Don’t leave me!” Her brown eyes pleaded. He locked eyes with her. He could see the glimpse of hope in her eyes but he immediately crushed it the moment he turned around and ran away.

 

Zelo’s body shot up. Sweat dripping at his forehead. He had been having the same dream for years. He had this dream 8 times if he counted correctly. The same brown eyes haunting his dreams. It was comforting and extremely horrid at the same time. It was weird how her eyes seemed to see right through him. Like she could understand him.

It was comforting in a way, it reminded him of the way his parents tucked him to bed every time he dreamt about this when he was younger, the way they smiled at him, the way they patted his head saying ‘It’ll be alright, champ! It’s just a dream!’ A sad smile formed in his face.

 

“What did you do to my parents?” Zelo asked the crouching boy who was now shedding tears.

“I-I didn’t mean to! But they resisted, I had no choice!”

“No choice?! What did they ever do to you?!” Zelo screamed, tears falling in his eyes.

Zelo’s widened when he saw his mother. The boy noticed Zelo’s eyes and cried in fear.

“I’m sorry!” the boy cried as Zelo threw endless punches at him. “Why? What did they do to deserve this?!”

“I’m so-sorry.” He repeated as cried. “I’m sorry.” Zelo punched him and blood dripped from his forehead. “I’m s-sorry. Please forgive me.” The boy pleaded, dropping a knife covered in blood at the asphalt.

“Forgive you?!” Zelo’s eyes flashed murder. “DO YOU EXPECT ME TO FORGIVE YOU AFTER YOU KILLED MY PARENTS?”

The criminal’s eyes widened. “I didn’t want to do it!”

“Then why did you do it?!” Zelo punched him as he cried pathetically.

 

The images of his parent’s body, lying lifelessly on the street flashed in his mind. The image of his father with his head cracked open, blood dripping on his face. The image of his mother screaming as the criminal his knife in her chest. The image of his parent’s dead lifeless eyes stared at him.

Zelo screamed in agony and continued throwing punches until he felt his own knuckles bleed.

Zelo stopped and looked at the criminal’s face; lifeless and dead just like his parents.

 


Hi, if you're reading this it means you've made it to the end of chapter 1 and you know what that means right? No? Okay I'll tell you. It means that you have to subscribe now :D And I won't take no as an answer :) Comment as well! It'll help me update faster :D HAHA. And of course, I want to thank you for taking the time to read this story. I hope you have a good day! ^^